Capitano_Cotch

Premiership Player
Oct 18, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Juventus FC
Must say, i thought young Reece was outstanding today. For me, I believe it was his breakout game. Kicked 2 great goals, including one from outside 50. Looked every bit the first round draft pick.
Well done son, keep up the good work :thumbsu:

Great game. Took the opportunity against weak opposition to show the class he possesses. Would now like to see that repeated against a side that knows how to apply pressure*

* See also Shaun Grigg.

But good job.

Can see why we took him at 6 ahead of others.

To me he reminds me so much of Marc Muphy. Obviously got a long way to go to be as good as Murph but certainly has the poise. He could be our gut running mid who racks up 35 touches a game in the long run.

Was the MAJOR POSITIVE for me...

Great game. Took the opportunity against weak opposition to show the class he possesses. Would now like to see that repeated against a side that knows how to apply pressure*

* See also Shaun Grigg.

But good job.

Grigg went into a pack and took the force and got rewarded with a free by his courage.

Starting to turn the corner as well especially his defensive side.

Ross Smith's blueprint starting to show.

Can see why we took him at 6 ahead of others.

To me he reminds me so much of Marc Muphy. Obviously got a long way to go to be as good as Murph but certainly has the poise. He could be our gut running mid who racks up 35 touches a game in the long run.

Was the MAJOR POSITIVE for me...

I reckon Conca will eventually turn out a better player than Murphy...for a start Conca's taller...:thumbsu:...

It's good to see he is getting on the scoreboard too. Kicked his first goal last week and has obviously gained some confidence from it. The best mids in the comp kick goals, (Ablett, Swan, Murphy, Judd....list goes on)

Good line from Malthouse today-

"At the moment Conca is A- but is rapidly heading towards A+"

Interesting to compare his first three game so far with Heppell. The only areas Heppell out points him is in his DT and Super Coach $$$$$. Silly punters.

Sorry mate but he was talking about Cotchin.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Interesting to compare his first three game so far with Heppell. The only areas Heppell out points him is in his DT and Super Coach $$$$$. Silly punters.

Don't worry about the media.

:D

Sorry to burst the bubble bazz, but Mick was talking about Cotch, not Conca :)

EDIT: point already made

And yeah, Cotchin still A-, just needs to do it for the rest of this season to go up another notch to A, then he'll be striding to A+ from then on IMO.

Its always funny watching people judge how good players will be over the careers after only 1 season. Last 2 weeks Conca has really shown some good signs for the future. Has courage to put his head over the ball when its his turn to go, has sublime skills and the ability to find time and space when there isn't any. Will be well regarded in AFL circles by seasons end.

Said Conca was going to be a star when he was drafted, and nothing has ever made me doubt that. A bonafide midfielder, inside and outside, very good skills, great motor, knows how to gut run and spread from a contest to provide an option. Very complete.

Also Malthouse has no clue, Cotchin is A++++

Conca has shown us what he's got, so plenty to look forward to. No doubt will be a little inconsistent being so young still, so lets hope people don't lose their s**t on him when he has a quiet game or two.

Has plenty of leadership qualities too I reckon. Exciting future for the kid :thumbsu:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back