Picola & District FL NW 2012

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
U wont have anyone left to pick from for the interleague side at this rate Mac!! I also heard u's had a pretty solid win over the billabong crows on saturday, did u's have a full side or close to??

Similar story as most pre season matches. Both sides had a few missing. I think we had probably 5 or so missing from our best side. Crows had a few more. It was good to have a run in the heat of the day. As for Tom i havent heard he is on the move but i did notice he was absent from the night series GF. Would be a huge loss for Berrigan if he is going.

Whoops my bad there JC, I assumed from the structure of your posts and your jibes directed at Clarke being mostly age related that you must be a teen.......oh well I hope you are flattered to be considered younger than apparently you are.:thumbsu:

Actually the way you post ie your playing the man not the ball type talk, having a crack at older players just reminded me... does anyone know if O'Callaghan is still at Mathoura??
If you had what he has got you would not have played footy for the past two years. Your wise cracks are not very nice for some one who cant play and if you could you would not last long.

If you had what he has got you would not have played footy for the past two years. Your wise cracks are not very nice for some one who cant play and if you could you would not last long.

Hahahahahaha. Knew you couldnt resist!!!

Just for you...
NEVER ARGUE WITH A WOMAN
One morning the husband returns after several hours of fishing and decides to take nap. Although not familiar with the lake, the wife decides to take the boat out. She motors out a short distance, anchors, and reads her book.

Along comes a Game Warden in his boat. He pulls up alongside the woman and says, "Good morning, Ma'am. What are you doing?"
"Reading a book" she replies (thinking, isnt that obvious)
"You're in a restricted fishing area" he informs her.
"I'm sorry officer but I'm not fishing I am reading."
"Yes but you have all the equipment, for all I know you could start at any moment. I'll have to take you in and write you up"
"For Reading a book", she replies.
"You're in a Restricted Fishing Area", he informs her again,
"I'm sorry offcer, but I'm not fishing I am reading"
Yes, but you have all the equipment. For all I know you could start at any moment. I'll have to take you in and write you up.
"If you do that, I'll have to charge you with sexual assault," says the woman.
"But I haven't even touched you" says the game warden.
"That's true, but you have all the equipment. For all I know you could start at any moment".
"Have a nice day ma'am," and he left.

Moral: Never argue with a woman who reads. It's likely she can also think.

Being serious tho, I do know his condition and yes is a credit to him that he has continued playing. :thumbsu:

Hahahahahaha. Knew you couldnt resist!!!

Just for you...
NEVER ARGUE WITH A WOMAN
One morning the husband returns after several hours of fishing and decides to take nap. Although not familiar with the lake, the wife decides to take the boat out. She motors out a short distance, anchors, and reads her book.

Along comes a Game Warden in his boat. He pulls up alongside the woman and says, "Good morning, Ma'am. What are you doing?"
"Reading a book" she replies (thinking, isnt that obvious)
"You're in a restricted fishing area" he informs her.
"I'm sorry officer but I'm not fishing I am reading."
"Yes but you have all the equipment, for all I know you could start at any moment. I'll have to take you in and write you up"
"For Reading a book", she replies.
"You're in a Restricted Fishing Area", he informs her again,
"I'm sorry offcer, but I'm not fishing I am reading"
Yes, but you have all the equipment. For all I know you could start at any moment. I'll have to take you in and write you up.
"If you do that, I'll have to charge you with sexual assault," says the woman.
"But I haven't even touched you" says the game warden.
"That's true, but you have all the equipment. For all I know you could start at any moment".
"Have a nice day ma'am," and he left.

Moral: Never argue with a woman who reads. It's likely she can also think.

Being serious tho, I do know his condition and yes is a credit to him that he has continued playing. :thumbsu:
Dont you should think before you comment about conditions of players. Why do you think he hasnt been on here for along time.Also I know not to argue with women they are to smart some times for there own good. I would hate to be that good at a sport and not be able to do it ,it would turn you around the thist very smartly.Just leave him alone + the hole senior side leaving him is not helping 28 players walking away ,Mathoura must have a bad name in footy circle maybe.Blighty are in the mix with poaching players as well from Mathoura offering rediculous amounts of money, just well you have Lakers property to make money you would have gone a few years ago.

Dont you should think before you comment about conditions of players. Why do you think he hasnt been on here for along time.Also I know not to argue with women they are to smart some times for there own good. I would hate to be that good at a sport and not be able to do it ,it would turn you around the thist very smartly.Just leave him alone + the hole senior side leaving him is not helping 28 players walking away ,Mathoura must have a bad name in footy circle maybe.Blighty are in the mix with poaching players as well from Mathoura offering rediculous amounts of money, just well you have Lakers property to make money you would have gone a few years ago.

Hahahahaha, Oh the stories & rumours make a good pre season dont they! Well just 4 ur info franga Blighty didn't poach any players from mathoura thats why they only ended up with 1, & it wasn't even the coach that initially spoke to Brody, it was his good mate Brad Robson that actually got the ball rolling to get him across so they could have a year of footy together! & secondly if they where poaching the players & paying these so called ridiculous amounts then why did they knock back Matt Sparey becuase he couldn't committ 100% to training?? If clubs where poaching & just spending up cash at will then 1 would think they would say yes 2 any good player interested!! Not the case, so next time u wana make silly statements do some research 1st!! & a rubber is prob what someone should have worn years ago!!!!

I guess he's been just cruising!!....until now at least, maybe he has his strength back and ready to try and rub a few up the wrong way as per his usual MO.

Hahahahaha, Oh the stories & rumours make a good pre season dont they! Well just 4 ur info franga Blighty didn't poach any players from mathoura thats why they only ended up with 1, & it wasn't even the coach that initially spoke to Brody, it was his good mate Brad Robson that actually got the ball rolling to get him across so they could have a year of footy together! & secondly if they where poaching the players & paying these so called ridiculous amounts then why did they knock back Matt Sparey becuase he couldn't committ 100% to training?? If clubs where poaching & just spending up cash at will then 1 would think they would say yes 2 any good player interested!! Not the case, so next time u wana make silly statements do some research 1st!! & a rubber is prob what someone should have worn years ago!!!!
Smooth Mover ha ha how come Matt comes in to the picture if you were not poaching players ,did he ring you ,I dont think so. It pays to have a good momery to be good liar.

Smooth Mover ha ha how come Matt comes in to the picture if you were not poaching players ,did he ring you ,I dont think so. It pays to have a good momery to be good liar.

Haha u are a flog, why don't u ask him urself? Matt & Brody are also best mates & when Brody signed he himself tried 2 get Matt 2 come also but after he spoke with the coach & said with his work commitments he would struggle 2 train the coach said he couldn't guarantee him a senior spot!! FACT!!!!!! I got absolutely no reason 2 lie mate, not interested in that crap only the truth so u can believe whateva tickles ur fancy & makes u happy! Have a good time rubbing 1 out....

So on another note, finally its here Rd1 this week, what's everyone's tips?

Blighty V Yarroweyah- Yarro have had a few KEY player loses in the off season but also picked up some very handy players likewise with Blighty, so therefor I think this will be a very close game! But Blighty due to home ground advantage.

Deni V Strathy- Strathy are the talk of the league with their large amount of quality pick ups & they also pick up the early favourites tag, but Deni seem to have recruited very wisely in the off season also without losing to many! My tip is Strathy JUST!

Jerilderie V Picola- Probably the 2 most quiet sides in the off season, both will be very similar to their outputs from last year IMO so I will say Jerilderie by 50points at home.

Mathoura V Berrigan- Probably the 2 most talked about sides in the off season (with strathy), will be very interesting to see what side Mathoura put out on sat, with so many loses I'm sure with a few key players staying they will still be competitive, but Berrigan on the other hand have also lost 5-6 very handy players but picked up likewise so they should still be thereabouts come september, unfortunately for Mathoura I see the Saints getting up by 12goals!

Anyone else care to share their tips or things they think will happen throughout the year?

Good Luck to all on Sat, bring on season 2012:thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu:

I believe he got a badly broken leg from the car accident! Well thats what I was told anyway.

believe it was tendon damage rather than a broken leg which is probably worse. also had another op couple months ago. spoken to a few that know him and they say the kid is talking a june return. have to see how it goes. picola will need it by the look of things/ they sure missed the talent last year.

So on another note, finally its here Rd1 this week, what's everyone's tips?

Blighty V Yarroweyah- Yarro have had a few KEY player loses in the off season but also picked up some very handy players likewise with Blighty, so therefor I think this will be a very close game! But Blighty due to home ground advantage.

Deni V Strathy- Strathy are the talk of the league with their large amount of quality pick ups & they also pick up the early favourites tag, but Deni seem to have recruited very wisely in the off season also without losing to many! My tip is Strathy JUST!

Jerilderie V Picola- Probably the 2 most quiet sides in the off season, both will be very similar to their outputs from last year IMO so I will say Jerilderie by 50points at home.

Mathoura V Berrigan- Probably the 2 most talked about sides in the off season (with strathy), will be very interesting to see what side Mathoura put out on sat, with so many loses I'm sure with a few key players staying they will still be competitive, but Berrigan on the other hand have also lost 5-6 very handy players but picked up likewise so they should still be thereabouts come september, unfortunately for Mathoura I see the Saints getting up by 12goals!

Anyone else care to share their tips or things they think will happen throughout the year?

Good Luck to all on Sat, bring on season 2012:thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu:

OK,my tips,

Blighty
Deni Rovers
Jerildrie
Berrigan

(Log in to remove this ad.)

bit surprised on the deni v strath result. would of thought strathy be much better side with all there recruits or are deni a bit underated

bit surprised on the deni v strath result. would of thought strathy be much better side with all there recruits or are deni a bit underated

Exactly my thoughts there SP, I really rate deni but also thought with strathy's recruits that they would've been the team to beat? Well it seems deni did that 1st up! Maybe deni are slightly ahead of where we thought! I tipped them in the top 5 but thought more 3rd to 5th for them! Maybe a top 2 spot isn't out of there reach!! But all in all it is only Rd1 & we all know to expect some surprsies early!! After bout Rd7 we should know how things are really looking!! But well done to all winners yesterday....

Exactly my thoughts there SP, I really rate deni but also thought with strathy's recruits that they would've been the team to beat? Well it seems deni did that 1st up! Maybe deni are slightly ahead of where we thought! I tipped them in the top 5 but thought more 3rd to 5th for them! Maybe a top 2 spot isn't out of there reach!! But all in all it is only Rd1 & we all know to expect some surprsies early!! After bout Rd7 we should know how things are really looking!! But well done to all winners yesterday....

speaking of surprises, spotted Paul Scoullar training for a triathlon or something, first bike riding around blighty back roads and then running blighty back roads all on a sunday morning!!! So what round is he coming in at round 5? So i guess we will know by rd 7 whats really going on

speaking of surprises, spotted Paul Scoullar training for a triathlon or something, first bike riding around blighty back roads and then running blighty back roads all on a sunday morning!!! So what round is he coming in at round 5? So i guess we will know by rd 7 whats really going on

Round 3 so he is available for interleague you'd hope ?

It is only round 1 as you say but it was a good win by the boys. Dont write strathy off just yet. We played well i dont think they played all that well. Whether that was because of our pressure of not i dont know. Maybe a bit of both. They are a quick side but do lack a couple of tall options. It will be an interesting few weeks with sides working out the comp. Good to see Mathoura getting a few sides on the park.

I think everyone has underated the Rovers, they've lost only 1 player from last season and have gained some pretty handy recruits. I reckon they'll definitely finish top three. If they don't who knows what I'll do.

I think everyone has underated the Rovers, they've lost only 1 player from last season and have gained some pretty handy recruits. I reckon they'll definitely finish top three. If they don't who knows what I'll do.

I agree Wizard, I think they have slipped under the radar abit, definitely had them in the top 5 but where?? Well that'll all become abit clearer after bout Rd 7 I think, once everyone has played each other!!!!

Maybe everyone overrated strathy at least so far as start of season form. Number of new recruits would expect to take a while to gel. Rovers more settled as a team. But I said rovers top 3 in my pick and I am sticking with that. Anything less and who knows what I'll do!!!! :eek::D

I know I dont really fancy a top of ladder finish heading into finals, so you guys can have that Mover..... IMO can be a curse finishing top with possible two weeks off during finals. This was brought up in Spectator what do others think can it be a disadvantage to finish top in a final 5?

Maybe everyone overrated strathy at least so far as start of season form. Number of new recruits would expect to take a while to gel. Rovers more settled as a team. But I said rovers top 3 in my pick and I am sticking with that. Anything less and who knows what I'll do!!!! :eek::D

I know I dont really fancy a top of ladder finish heading into finals, so you guys can have that Mover..... IMO can be a curse finishing top with possible two weeks off during finals. This was brought up in Spectator what do others think can it be a disadvantage to finish top in a final 5?

Nah ur right WILTY & we've been saying it for years! I believe that any team that is hitting form leading into finals & is placed from 2nd to 5th is best placed rather than 1st only because of the possible week off / play / week off / play scenario! I think its definitely a disadvantage as once you as a team hit form barring injuries no one wants a rest!!!!

An inform 2nd to 5th is the spot for mine!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back