Alberton Footy League - 2016

Remove this Banner Ad

bombersfan51

Debutant
Feb 25, 2012
Mirboo north
AFL Club
Essendon
Hey Plug. I wouldn't call it 'running around' it's more like crawling around:eek:. Heaps of young blokes at Toora and Robbo (coach) is a real good fella. We'll battle hard for the year but that's life.

Bombersfan51 was just doing the usual Big Footy thing and I don't take any offence. If Bombersfan51 is who I think it is I've had a few beers with him at a certain club:thumbsu:.

Maybe vinni maybe yeah I have had a few beers once with ya, u should come back to the club we could do with ya!! All the best at toora mate I hope u can help them out:thumbsu:

dartstruth

Debutant
Dec 29, 2007
bendigo
AFL Club
St Kilda
just wondering if anyone has any thoughts on the top 4 teams this year and who has hit a wall this year? my top 4 in order
kilcundabass:eek:
fish creek
foster
phillkip island

bench boy

Debutant
Feb 13, 2010
home
AFL Club
Adelaide
just wondering if anyone has any thoughts on the top 4 teams this year and who has hit a wall this year? my top 4 in order
fish creek
foster
phillkip island

My top 4

Killy bass still missing 4 of there better players if they can keep winning until they get them back gunna be hard to knock off

Fish creek signed some big names also have few to come back might start a little slow with new players fitting in big also gunna be hard to beat

Burra young and fit and alot of young tallent will win alot of games from just fitness and youth could be a massive threat

Foster still a great side lost a few big names but also picked up a few they no how to win the big games and have done for years excperienced list

Young

Rookie
Apr 13, 2012
AFL Club
Collingwood
fish creek
foster
phillkip island

Phillip Island won't make finals.

Early to tell but I think there are 3 groups, K/Bass at top clearly better than others, then next group anyone can beat anyone on their day, then bottom group who could pinch a couple from the middle group but are a bit below at full strength, and Toora def last

1. K/Bass

Middle group in order of best-worst at full strength

2. Fishy
3. Korumburra
4. Yarram
5. Foster
6. Dalyston
7. MDU
8. IK
9. Phillip Island

Bottom group

10. Stony Creek
11. Tarwin
12. DWWWW

13. Toora clear last

bombersfan51

Debutant
Feb 25, 2012
Mirboo north
AFL Club
Essendon

Early to tell but I think there are 3 groups, K/Bass at top clearly better than others, then next group anyone can beat anyone on their day, then bottom group who could pinch a couple from the middle group but are a bit below at full strength, and Toora def last

1. K/Bass

2. Fishy
3. Korumburra
4. Yarram
5. Foster
6. Dalyston
7. MDU
8. IK
9. Phillip Island

Bottom group

10. Stony Creek
11. Tarwin
12. DWWWW

13. Toora clear last
Toora with vinni proud on board will finish higher than stony, they have the worst coach in the history of stony creek at the helm, very bleak year for them

Aug 30, 2011
Portland
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
I watched the I-K vs Burra game last weekend and I-K looked very very impressive. Few good ins to the team and the kids coming through look the goods, Daniel Kilpatrick back in the team will be a handful and Dylan Clark had the ball on a string!! If they keep up that form top 4 is not out of the question for them at all. Out ran and outplayed Burra. Should have been a much bigger win apart from Burra getting a few goals late in junk time

short fuse

Rookie
May 21, 2010
AFL Club
Collingwood
Toora with vinni proud on board will finish higher than stony, they have the worst coach in the history of stony creek at the helm, very bleak year for them

Surely you cant be serious. Toora will not finish higher than Stony, Stony still have a reasonable team although they lack depth. Its pretty harsh to judge a coach one game into the season, and Im sure if you looked at Stony's history you will find they have had some very ordinary coaches over the years.

bombersfan51

Debutant
Feb 25, 2012
Mirboo north
AFL Club
Essendon
Surely you cant be serious. Toora will not finish higher than Stony, Stony still have a reasonable team although they lack depth. Its pretty harsh to judge a coach one game into the season, and Im sure if you looked at Stony's history you will find they have had some very ordinary coaches over the years.

Peter bolam was bad, bill prat was very bad,, Sam will be the same, very very bad,

dartstruth

Debutant
Dec 29, 2007
bendigo
AFL Club
St Kilda
well i play for kilcunda bass and i think its going to be a good year ! 7 seinor players to come back from injury which will add to the strength and 6 or 7 under 18 players that are nocking on the door so depth is going to be the major strength this year i think ! we have fish creek this week any tips on there weakneses?
:footy:

tigero

Rookie
Apr 11, 2011
south gipplsand
AFL Club
Hawthorn

1. K/Bass

2. Fishy
3. Korumburra
4. Yarram
5. Foster
6. Dalyston
7. MDU
8. IK
9. Phillip Island

Bottom group

10. Stony Creek
11. Tarwin
12. DWWWW

13. Toora clear last

What have dalyston done to earn being that high? They were up and down last year didn't make finals last year and beat allies round 1 this year? I think inverloch and Mdu are very stiff to be below yarram and dalyston! Yarram is only up there by word of mouth sure they have some players back but they only beat allies by 40 and were beaten fairly easy by Burra.

My opinion:
Bass
Ik
Burra
Mdu
Foster
Fishy
Dalyston
Yarram
Phillip island
Tar win
Stony creek
Dwwww
Toora

Vincent Proud

Team Captain
Suspended
Aug 10, 2009
Over the hill......
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Need to buy new hamstrings!!
Don't know alot about the comp but one thing I do know is this....KB winning it last year and adding David Fevleki will be hard to beat. Played with Fev @ Pyramid Hill, he's a quality player and great bloke on the ales.

I thought IK moved the ball really quick against us (as most will) and were all on the same page. IK had 3qtrs with a 5/6gl breeze which didn't help our cause either!! Lance Oswald and number 5 kept running and used the ball well. IK had some big bodies in the middle, as in height.

To the poster that had us (Toora) stone motherless last, that's fine. But didn't IK just beat Burra and you have them finishing 4 places higher than IK. Bit perplexed with that part of your ladder. As I say tho, I'm not to familiar with the comp other than what mates tell me.

Young

Rookie
Apr 13, 2012
AFL Club
Collingwood
Ok so I've probably underrated invy and overrated daly judging by yesterday. Heard bass had a few out yesterday, fishy definitely up and about, going to be a really close season

dartstruth

Debutant
Dec 29, 2007
bendigo
AFL Club
St Kilda
i played yesterday if fishy only beat us by 3 goals trust me they will not make finals unless they improve big time ! but saying that same goes to us ,doesnt matter if we have players out we still should of given them a shalaking !

(Log in to remove this ad.)

rabble

Rookie
Jun 29, 2010
melbourne
AFL Club
Geelong
i played yesterday if fishy only beat us by 3 goals trust me they will not make finals unless they improve big time ! but saying that same goes to us ,doesnt matter if we have players out we still should of given them a shalaking !
On pretty good terms with yourselves down there at bass are you ??? Fish creek can only beat whats put in front of them and obviously you guys were not good enough. To say fishy wont make the finals is a big call !! Calm down buddy ;)

saint leo

Club Legend
Nov 7, 2007
Gippsland
AFL Club
Essendon
Plenty of injuries down at Bass, saving a bit of coin at the moment with 4-5 of there best players out.

Any talk around the league about K-Bena, K-Bass and Phillip Island leaving next year to join the EDFL next season?? I know the EDFL wants more teams to make 2 divisions and those 3 clubs were who they were after. Geographically is makes a lot of sense I think.

Punt Road Feral

Premiership Player
Aug 23, 2007
Punt Road's Manure Pit
AFL Club
Richmond
Surely you mean EFL (Eastern Footy League) rather than EDFL (Essendon District Footy League) in your post.

I couldn't see it happening, all the Melbourne clubs would complain about the travelling considering the furtherest they have to travel is 30 mins max atm :eek: lucky them ay

muesli

Club Legend
Sep 15, 2003
S/E Melb
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Wantirna South (Eastern FL)
Surely you mean EFL (Eastern Footy League) rather than EDFL (Essendon District Footy League) in your post.

I couldn't see it happening, all the Melbourne clubs would complain about the travelling considering the furtherest they have to travel is 30 mins max atm :eek: lucky them ay
He means Ellinbank District FL

Thierry Bugle

Rookie
Jul 20, 2010
Ex-Gippsland
AFL Club
Essendon
Thats ok mate. Easy mistake to make.

Anyone know what is happening with young Josh Swift?

Kicked 8 for Yinnar on the weekend and seems to have put a clearance back into Yarram!!!

Yarram had a bye, looks like some of the players wanted to get a bit of touch. Saw a few players got cleared to North Gippy as well.

Imagine Yinnar would be pretty happy about his performance. Not sure if the opposition would have recognised the pasty, lanky unit hanging out in the forward line. Would get the best defender most weeks!

Back