2012 SEQAFL Division 3 Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
you will probably stack that side as well, to prove how great your club is.

Not an official game, a friendly hit out with guys that missed out or want to have a run. I know because I'll be playing in that game and I'm a club volunteer. SO tell us exactly how its stacking when they've invited someone like me to have a run with them.

Not an official game, a friendly hit out with guys that missed out or want to have a run. I know because I'll be playing in that game and I'm a club volunteer. SO tell us exactly how its stacking when they've invited someone like me to have a run with them.

because it is a precurser to the dumb decisions that this league will make when you blokes say we have enough to field a proper 5ths. If it is a once off then hey great going UQ. what amazes me is that UQ have 3rd div players who sit by and watch their possition taken by a 2nd div player because they have a bye. What amazes me is that your club talks about 3rd div footy not being real games, then you get on here and try to tell div 3 clubs that your club is the shining example of a club for its members, when you treat them like s**t. Your comment about being a volunteer is a beauty, mate clubs in Div 3 are run by volunteers, they play, they clean, they coach , umpire, run the bar, and find it harder every year because clubs are not held to the premiss that they nominate the grade they whish to play in and let the other players filter down or up depending on ability. A third team should always be allowed for any club, but never 4 or possibly 5, in my opinion, disagree all you want. dont care thats what i think

Seniors this week..
Caboolture - strong at home.
Ipswich - by the sounds of it Ippy are doing well for themselves and the Leopards are down a bit.
Nambour - Chooks improving, but Nambour, well... Nambour.
Redcliffe - long drive from Logan to Redcliffe.. Tigers at home are pretty good from memory.

Reserves...
Beenleigh - Morro to collect 3, 2 and 1 votes. Hopefully the snipers on here put their hand up and each buy him a beer.
Calamvale - on form, ladder says Ippy might be running a bit shallow at this early stage of the season. Mind you it seems like Calamvale will have a few blokes having to play 2 games.
Nambour - see above.
Redcliffe - see above.

Good luck all, look forward to hearing results and all the other bits and pieces which are atypical of such a forum! haha

you will probably stack that side as well, to prove how great your club is.

because it is a precurser to the dumb decisions that this league will make when you blokes say we have enough to field a proper 5ths. If it is a once off then hey great going UQ. what amazes me is that UQ have 3rd div players who sit by and watch their possition taken by a 2nd div player because they have a bye...

Not going to go in to depth on this one because it's been explained above in a number of posts but, again, the "stacking" that you refer to were a handful of players who were/are competing for spots between the Div 2 reserves and Div 3 senior sides. A couple of them went up, most of them are still playing 3rds. Beyond the 20-something that have miss out every week (and are generally rotated through the 4ths), Div 3 players did NOT sit by and watch their position taken by Div 2 players as you're suggesting.

...What amazes me is that your club talks about 3rd div footy not being real games, then you get on here and try to tell div 3 clubs that your club is the shining example of a club for its members, when you treat them like s**t....

No one at UQ has ever said or will ever say Div 3 is not real footy, I don't know where you are getting that from. Likewise, the club does anything but treat players like s**t. Ask any of them yourself and you'll find the resounding answer is that we all love playing here. The reason the club has such a large and growing player list is that we are treated well and love being around the club.

...Your comment about being a volunteer is a beauty, mate clubs in Div 3 are run by volunteers, they play, they clean, they coach , umpire, run the bar, and find it harder every year because clubs are not held to the premiss that they nominate the grade they whish to play in and let the other players filter down or up depending on ability. A third team should always be allowed for any club, but never 4 or possibly 5, in my opinion, disagree all you want. dont care thats what i think

Just out of curiosity, how do you come up with your arbitrary figure of 3 teams? If you want to impose a limit on the number of teams a club can have why not make it 2 and keep every club to their sole division? I'm just interested to see why you believe 3 is the magic number.

Not going to go in to depth on this one because it's been explained above in a number of posts but, again, the "stacking" that you refer to were a handful of players who were/are competing for spots between the Div 2 reserves and Div 3 senior sides. A couple of them went up, most of them are still playing 3rds. Beyond the 20-something that have miss out every week (and are generally rotated through the 4ths), Div 3 players did NOT sit by and watch their position taken by Div 2 players as you're suggesting.

No one at UQ has ever said or will ever say Div 3 is not real footy, I don't know where you are getting that from. Likewise, the club does anything but treat players like s**t. Ask any of them yourself and you'll find the resounding answer is that we all love playing here. The reason the club has such a large and growing player list is that we are treated well and love being around the club.

Just out of curiosity, how do you come up with your arbitrary figure of 3 teams? If you want to impose a limit on the number of teams a club can have why not make it 2 and keep every club to their sole division? I'm just interested to see why you believe 3 is the magic number.

ok 2 teams

ok 2 teams

Ok, let's say your club has 2 teams and a handful of extra numbers who can't get a game in the reserves. Let's further hypothetically say that you are one of those excess players being told they are not wanted and have to find another club. Would you travel (especially if you live right next to the home field and don't own a car) to another club that is likely to also struggle to fit you into their lineup to end up competing against your mates?

because it is a precurser to the dumb decisions that this league will make when you blokes say we have enough to field a proper 5ths. If it is a once off then hey great going UQ. what amazes me is that UQ have 3rd div players who sit by and watch their possition taken by a 2nd div player because they have a bye. What amazes me is that your club talks about 3rd div footy not being real games, then you get on here and try to tell div 3 clubs that your club is the shining example of a club for its members, when you treat them like s**t. Your comment about being a volunteer is a beauty, mate clubs in Div 3 are run by volunteers, they play, they clean, they coach , umpire, run the bar, and find it harder every year because clubs are not held to the premiss that they nominate the grade they whish to play in and let the other players filter down or up depending on ability. A third team should always be allowed for any club, but never 4 or possibly 5, in my opinion, disagree all you want. dont care thats what i think

I respect your opinion on the matter, but I am personally offended that you think that we don't consider Division 3 to be real footy. I certainly have not ever said anything along those lines, I don't think Paddlepop has either. I spent my few games playing footy in that division and have been fortunate to get to know a few good blokes from opposite sides, both players and volunteers.

What I will say is that I've seen the hard work of the guys that have missed out today because of the filter down. Honestly, not one of them seemed angry or frustrated. They understand that is the way of things from now on, and its having friendly games like tonight's game against Yeronga AFC which allows guys to have a nice little hit out. And genuinely, the guys have enjoyed it. I think Paddlepop will agree with me is despite missing out because of filtering out, they choose to stay because we're developing as a great place to be around.

Any results?

My intention was to try and get to two games today but the standard at Caboolture was so good I was never going to leave, especially after I rang a mate at Redcliffe and was advised that Logan were effectively gone at half time.

Caboolture and Beenleigh were both good and it was a good game to watch the 3 major differences between the teams were:
1 - Caboolture had too many avenues to goal and did not have to rely soley on the nude nut - this is a huge bonus moving forward,
2 - Beenleigh still lack discipline at crucial stages and gave away too many silly free kicks - apart from this lack of discipline they are well coached and I am sure the coach will work on this over the comming weeks, and
3 - Caboolture were the fitter side and ran out the game - maybe had the better pre-season and Beenleigh could still be catching up.

They will both be a force to be reckoned with.

Caboolture missed Timmy Beavan and one of the Wilkinsons, not sure which, but did not rely on the likes of Peek and Gordo - I missed the ressies maybe they played down?

I look forward to hearing about the demolition at Moorooka

My intention was to try and get to two games today but the standard at Caboolture was so good I was never going to leave, especially after I rang a mate at Redcliffe and was advised that Logan were effectively gone at half time.

Caboolture and Beenleigh were both good and it was a good game to watch the 3 major differences between the teams were:
1 - Caboolture had too many avenues to goal and did not have to rely soley on the nude nut - this is a huge bonus moving forward,
2 - Beenleigh still lack discipline at crucial stages and gave away too many silly free kicks - apart from this lack of discipline they are well coached and I am sure the coach will work on this over the comming weeks, and
3 - Caboolture were the fitter side and ran out the game - maybe had the better pre-season and Beenleigh could still be catching up.

They will both be a force to be reckoned with.

Caboolture missed Timmy Beavan and one of the Wilkinsons, not sure which, but did not rely on the likes of Peek and Gordo - I missed the ressies maybe they played down?

I look forward to hearing about the demolition at Moorooka

Pretty fair assessment mate, just on the fitness side of things, we finished the game with 1 on the bench and 3 of us had to play 2 games due to having so many away and or injured. So we certainly feel like we are generally fit enough.

The standout for me was their pace, which really showed late in the game.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Pretty fair assessment mate, just on the fitness side of things, we finished the game with 1 on the bench and 3 of us had to play 2 games due to having so many away and or injured. So we certainly feel like we are generally fit enough.

The standout for me was their pace, which really showed late in the game.

If thats the case Morro - I would agree then, your fitness would have been equal. It is very difficult to run out a game when you have 3 players backing up. I did think you were one short on the bench - not 3 though. well done to finish as strong as you did then. With a full side this will be a very good rematch. All credit to Caboolture they deserved to win - your boys won't be far off. Are you far away from being full? I didn't notice the new gun forward to the league either?

If thats the case Morro - I would agree then, your fitness would have been equal. It is very difficult to run out a game when you have 3 players backing up. I did think you were one short on the bench - not 3 though. well done to finish as strong as you did then. With a full side this will be a very good rematch. All credit to Caboolture they deserved to win - your boys won't be far off. Are you far away from being full? I didn't notice the new gun forward to the league either?

We were missing heaps mate, and our bench consisted of a hammy in the first 5 mins, a bloke who was knocked out twice and another bloke who tore is calf compounded by the 3 blokes who backed up cramping after half time.

Our gun ff was away, our CHF had to work( played sanfl 2 years ago) and our best player derricks away being our main 3 outs plus plenty of others. In saying that I'm sure Caboolture had a few missing. We won't be without confidence next time though.

Yeah that was my bad corrie just got work in the mines so naturally he went well who wouldn't I guess fair to say I jumped the gun on that pick up.. No doubt with a cpl of other quality players about to come across we wil hav abit more of a frwd structure

Roosters had a few out no excuse, we are a very young and inexperienced squad overall. No we did not play only 15 players. Honest answer we were poor in all areas of our team disiplines, very disappointing day for the roosters. We are a better side than what we showed on saturday, we will have a very up and down season, with no more results like that one. Let me finish by saying this, Nambour are a very high class side and will take some stopping this season, with still so quality players to come back into a already first class side. IMO should be playing div 2, don't care what they say about their depth, it look alright to me

Having them injuries hurt us as the calibre of players we had out we could really tell the difference but full credit to caboolture thought they were a good team ran hard and could tell that by the final quarter. I kno i am very sore today as most of the lads would be but to morro and the other 2 blokes who backed up thought that was good.. Cant wait for a rematch with us having a full team as i reckon we could give it a red hot crack this year and be right up there..

Having them injuries hurt us as the calibre of players we had out we could really tell the difference but full credit to caboolture thought they were a good team ran hard and could tell that by the final quarter. I kno i am very sore today as most of the lads would be but to morro and the other 2 blokes who backed up thought that was good.. Cant wait for a rematch with us having a full team as i reckon we could give it a red hot crack this year and be right up there..

Old Beenleigh hey, all the excuses in the world. I remember last year was the same. You blokes are never at full strength, always got heaps to come back in. Frankly I'm sick of hearing it!!! You play with what you got each week, not one team would be at full strength!!! Keep coming up with excuses and your club will continue on the same path. To put it in simple terms, we were the better side on the day, clearly fitter and more disciplined. Cant wait to play you next time when I'm sure we will hear '' we are not at full strength today, we have plenty to come back in. A couple of guns from SA and a 40 yr old superstar from vic''.

Old Beenleigh hey, all the excuses in the world. I remember last year was the same. You blokes are never at full strength, always got heaps to come back in. Frankly I'm sick of hearing it!!! You play with what you got each week, not one team would be at full strength!!! Keep coming up with excuses and your club will continue on the same path. To put it in simple terms, we were the better side on the day, clearly fitter and more disciplined. Cant wait to play you next time when I'm sure we will hear '' we are not at full strength today, we have plenty to come back in. A couple of guns from SA and a 40 yr old superstar from vic''.

So what is ur thoughts on them being 'well coached'? And is this true what Morro is saying about a player being knocked out then being able to go back on and get knocked out again?
Does anyone know what is going on with Logan??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back