2nds Crows in the SANFL Round 4

Remove this Banner Ad

Admittedly i was sitting in the cricket club and had a few beers but knights didnt stand out to me. Didnt look a class above and sprayed at least one shot on goal, on his left, by a fair margin. Lyons and shaw looked to have far more impact on the game even with lesser stats.

GLENELG 1.3 6.7 7.11 13.12 (90)
EAGLES 1.3 2.4 4.8 8.10 (58)

Best - Glenelg: Shaw, Bradley, Lyons, Agnew, Davenport, Milne, Kirkby. Eagles: Grieger, McKenzie, Jarrad, Raymond, Cicolella.

Goals - Glenelg: Hitchcock, Trembath 3; Agnew, Bradley, Hender, Kirkby, Lyons, Reid, Salopek. Eagles: Hall, Knights, Staple 2; Kane, Raymond.

Your comments re: Shaw, Lyons and Knights confirmed by Sunday Mail best players....very perceptive.

Crouch only strained his hammy
Smack had a sore thumb and should be fine this week according to the club website.

Need to get Lyons and Shaw into the team. Shaw looked the goods in the preseason and hasn't put a foot wrong in the sanfl. Our defence is slow and despite being one of the most experienced parts of the ground for us in terms of the players down there (Truck, Stiffy, Dogga, Radar) looks vulnerable and lacks any run/drive creativity from half back. Shaw deserves a shot.

Lyons has been great for Glenelg. Would like to see him rewarded for his good form.

Good to see Knighta showing a bit of form - if he can play well for the eagles and force himself back in and recapture his 09 form it will be a huge bonus for us. His left foot from 50 was such a weapon. He's still a way from earning his spot but I hope he does.

jarryd lyons seems to remind me of marc murphy when he was younger (hope he turns out as good)

Lyons reminds me the way he plays of Terry Wallace .......lots of skills, smart "footballer" .....not that quick

Can anyone throw any light on his pace???

To me that's the only question mark i have

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Lyons reminds me the way he plays of Terry Wallace .......lots of skills, smart "footballer" .....not that quick

Can anyone throw any light on his pace???

To me that's the only question mark i have
I would say he's reasonably quick without being lightning fast. He's got the Kym Koster bow legs going on, so looks a little bit awkward when running.

Know nothing about Johnstone but was hoping might be a answer to our talls in D but not heading that way from BF feedback .
But what has me bemused how can a AFL player have a big head when on probably last chance in AFL and not really near being selected when crying out for help back there and with Otten in terrible form.
Shaw has to come in and time to look at Lyons but even though playing GWS think they will hang onto regulars .
Sturt players unlucky with no game last week with selectors doubtful of promoting without a game last week.

I'm also liking the 20 disposals and 36 hit outs from Dowdell in the reserves for South.:thumbsu: Seems to have picked the game up again very quickly, and wouldn't be far off a league debut I would have thought.

Didn't he play 1sts either the first or second game and only get 4 disposals?

Take your point though; those kinds of numbers are great for someone with L plates on

Isn't there a rule where you play in the reserves for the last placed team if your real SANFL team has the bye?

Maybe they didn't think it was worth 6 Crows listed players playing in the reserves.

It would seem not. Just to save Drumm the effort, playing reserves footy is pretty rare if the player isn't coming back from injury.

6 read up the threads

Need to get Lyons and Shaw into the team. Shaw looked the goods in the preseason and hasn't put a foot wrong in the sanfl. Our defence is slow and despite being one of the most experienced parts of the ground for us in terms of the players down there (Truck, Stiffy, Dogga, Radar) looks vulnerable and lacks any run/drive creativity from half back. Shaw deserves a shot.

Lyons has been great for Glenelg. Would like to see him rewarded for his good form.

Good to see Knighta showing a bit of form - if he can play well for the eagles and force himself back in and recapture his 09 form it will be a huge bonus for us. His left foot from 50 was such a weapon. He's still a way from earning his spot but I hope he does.

Youre right on here srv23

Remove this Banner Ad

Back