Oppo Camp 2012 non-Geelong AFL match and general discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would find so much amusement in it if the bombers lost to the suns.... Facebook and the bay would melt down!! Shame half the essendon fans on their are only fans when they are winning.. Doesn't make it quite as fun

33 disposals Gazza & Suns up by 7 at 3qtr time
an_popcorn.gif

Essendon may pay for losing this one at the end of the season, then again...Suns will likely be as dominant as ourselves in 5-7 years time

Ablett will have either returned home or retired by then.

I knew that the New World Order had kicked in when I switched over from the dreadful Saints - Dogs schmozzle to the Suns - Bombers game because the latter was far more competitive and skilfull!

The Suns did really well, and the Bombers revealed themselves to be the same old same old (and apparently, their board went into complete meltdown in the third quarter).

Meanwhile, back at Etihard, a mediocre Saints crushed a pathetic Bullies in a game which only showed that neither mob will be winning a second flag any time soon.

apparently, their board went into complete meltdown in the third quarter.

wouldn't surprise... Many a bandwagoner amongst bombers 'faithful'

Was very unimpressed with Heppell last night... Soft as butter

GWS V WC
The problem is when GWS don't have the ball. They actually link up and move it thru the middle reasonably , there is a little bit of ignorance/confidence on team mates as to when to kick it forward but generally with the ball , not bad.

But without the ball. Rabble.
The umpires have no sense of the game , 14:1 free kicks. Thats just dumb. The effort,frustration showed a bit in the second with a few high hits on WC.

If they thought KMH was useless last year then Im not sure what Issy is. It will be a long season for them.
Scully is waste of money imo. He is no better than a lot of their other mids.

Still not wrapped in their jumper colour , it just seems to blend merge with crowd,ground,opponents. Id like to see a mainly black jumper.

GWS V WC
The problem is when GWS don't have the ball. They actually link up and move it thru the middle reasonably , there is a little bit of ignorance/confidence on team mates as to when to kick it forward but generally with the ball , not bad.

But without the ball. Rabble.
The umpires have no sense of the game , 14:1 free kicks. Thats just dumb. The effort,frustration showed a bit in the second with a few high hits on WC.

If they thought KMH was useless last year then Im not sure what Issy is. It will be a long season for them.
Scully is waste of money imo. He is no better than a lot of their other mids.

Still not wrapped in their jumper colour , it just seems to blend merge with crowd,ground,opponents. Id like to see a mainly black jumper.

I like the jumper design... but found it very hard to watch the game (only watched a bit of the 1st quarter until instructed by the boss to put on giggle and hoot for my little man :eek:) hard to pick the players out of the background..

The sliding in with the knees and legs is dangerous. Isn't that how Jake Stringer got his legs broken? If Stokes can get 4 weeks for a guy ducking into his stomach because it may just be dangerous then Goodes needs a message, Its not the first time he has done it.

And for that matter , If Lake didn't hit harder than Scarlet , Id be very surprised. The difference was the STK played soaked it up whereas the Freo play dropped like he was shot , lifted his legs. He may as well been a fly after being hit by Mortein.

Just going to say that the Goodes suspension is the worst I have ever seen.

Apparently the AFL focussed on the potential for injury when players slide into contests feet first and informed the clubs accordingly pre-season.

Also, according to one media report tonight, it's not the first time Goodes has done something like that. Fair call IMO.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Also, according to one media report tonight, it's not the first time Goodes has done something like that. Fair call IMO.

He went in studs up on Taylor Hunt in the pre season game then turned around and sooked to the ump a free kick was given against him for it.

He went in studs up on Taylor Hunt in the pre season game then turned around and sooked to the ump a free kick was given against him for it.

This:thumbsu:Was lucky to get away with it the first time it was more than likely seen as a won of accident, but clearly not.Needs to be stamped out.

And for that matter , If Lake didn't hit harder than Scarlet , Id be very surprised. The difference was the STK played soaked it up whereas the Freo play dropped like he was shot , lifted his legs. He may as well been a fly after being hit by Mortein.

Agree, when I first saw the Lake hit I thought it had more force than Scarlett. But the Lake one got hardly any media coverage, whereas Scarlett v Ballantyne was a huge story for days. Bit unfair really.

I put 10 bucks on freo to win by more than 15 points... This game is putrid to watch .

Hoping the 2nd half freo opens the game up, but gee what an ugly game to watch.

I put 10 bucks on freo to win by more than 15 points... This game is putrid to watch .

Hoping the 2nd half freo opens the game up, but gee what an ugly game to watch.
It's the way Lyon goes about his craft. Not pretty but effective. The Dockers will be there at the business end of the season. Just where is the conundrum.

Well that bet went well for me... Not a happy chappy lol
But still was a very very bad game to watch, saints never learn.

good to see St Kilda lose :p

Dislike that football club, they have been a big reason why Football became so terrible to watch for so long and it's finally hurting them in the long run as they don't know how to score when it matters most.

They will feel that loss even more in hindsight because they will only win 1 out of their next 5 fixtures which will effectively end any finals chance imo.

you're happy to see st kilda lose?

the reasons that they were terrible to watch and why their list is stagnant is coz of their ex coach who instituted said gameplan and had direct impact on the list.

i was hoping to see a saints supporter chuck a bag of coles chocolate gold coins in the air as he walked past, would have given the game a bit of colour.

disagree, did you watch RD1 against us?

Did you see the difference in that game compared to the game tonight?

Fisher, Gilbert, Blake etc...no attacking flare and they all hang onto the ball far too long.
St Kilda even make ourselves look second rate at times.

Boring side with only 2 or 3 genuine champions and the rest are barely B graders.

Um! Think I said they're a boring side. But a boring side that has won three games while not playing that well. I actually rate not only Pavlich, Sandilands but Fyffe, Hill, Mundy and Morabito.

Mzungu, Ballantyne, Johnson, Mayne, van Berlo. Crowley (as good a lock down player is going around) and Grover are others who come to mind as being better than your average soldier. And I was impressed with Clarke tonight and Neale also showed quite a bit when he came on.

Methinks Lyon has at least as much talent to work with as he did at the Saints where he came within a bees diaphram of snagging two flags. The Dockers have a huge advantage playing at home. Can't recall who it was but one of our group said this year the noise at Patersons Stadium was the loudest he'd encountered. They will win most of their home games and, as shown tonight, are no longer the easy beats they were away from home.

Underrate them as a serious final eight chance at your peril.

Oh! And don’t count them out against the Blues at home next Friday.;)

of course ;)

Nahh....if it was their ex coach as you suggest then how come they only scored 79 points in perfect conditions under the roof of Telstra dome?

bad kicking and, historically, teams are never high scoring against rosco p coltrane squads.

besides, you were talking past tense, "they have been a big reason why Football became so terrible to watch for so long". rosco p coltrane was directly responsible for this style, he created that list. your qualm is with rosco, not st kilda.

nope disagree ;)

I dislike St Kilda and was good to see em lose tonight.

disagree that you used the past tense or that rossco p coltrane as coach and head honcho was responsible for the list and gameplan that you and i loathed?

i am going back to the hammer thread on the main board, at least its a twighlight zone i can understand.

no AM, I am referring to St Kilda as the reason why teams look second rate against them.
They bring everyone down to their skill levels on a weekly basis.

Actually I think Watters is attempting to address that by introducing a more offensive element to the Saints. For mine last nights defensive scrap was more to do with Lyon and the way he went about locking down the Saints play makers and denying the whole unit time and space. All in the eye of the beholder I guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back