Strength Weight Training: Anything and Everything II

Remove this Banner Ad

Do you guys think it's possible to put on muscle and lose fat at the same time ?

I need to lose about 6kgs of fat but I have increased my food intake so I put on muscle from weight training. It feels weird to be eating more and trying to lose weight but I'm hoping the extra muscle will increase metabolism ect

Look up recomping bro...

Its a good way to do just that...but like @cptkirk said...its a long process.

Reached another goal today.

BP using 50kg DB's (highest my gym has). Got 4 reps out and then dropped back to 47's for the last 2 sets (hitting 6 + 5 reps).

Only issue i had was balancing them on my knees as the shape of the plates are more vertical and less flat than the 47's so they were wobbling around everywhere.

Off to the physio tomorrow to check out my arm/elbow issue. I suspect he's going to tell me to stop pressing for a week or two, so glad i got this goal knocked off today.

I'm just glad my gym is a "fitness club" and doesn't go up to 60kg dbs.

Although some places only go up to 40's..

Although some places only go up to 40's..
My gym only goes to 32.5kgs. Freaking annoying for bench.

They're building a new cardio wing, hopefully they shift some equipment and buy more weights

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I would be so boss at your gym :cool:
Easily.

I'm the only one I ever see doing deadlifts, and hardly anyone uses the 32.5kgs, so we'll share the title :cool:

Easily.

I'm the only one I ever see doing deadlifts, and hardly anyone uses the 32.5kgs, so we'll share the title :cool:

Have you asked them when they are going to get a set up to 40?

Sometimes they might buy more equip - if you don't ask, you wont get.

Prefer dumbbells for bench press and incline press every day of the week. You are also able to go heavy (3-6 reps) without a spotter without the chance of snapping some sh*t up like barbell bench.

My gym has dumbbells up to 90 kg (Pure Fitness- theres no gym like it) so I'm set for life.

Had a bit of a argument going on with my mates earlier
They seem to think that fat people are stronger because of some kind of "leverage" they have....
We were talking about bench press.....how the **** does being fat make you lift more ?
I can understand something like shot put it being an advantage but seriously....they are dumb ****s right ?

unfortunately they're mostly right...for bench press the heavier you are the more you can potentially lift...i don't know why though and i don't think there's any reason for it, it's just what happens...obviously there's exceptions to every rule

unfortunately they're mostly right...for bench press the heavier you are the more you can potentially lift...i don't know why though and i don't think there's any reason for it, it's just what happens...obviously there's exceptions to every rule
the strongest (that i've seen anyway) bloke in my gym is a bit of a fat ****... was watching him squat 200 and deadlift 250 last night...

Remove this Banner Ad

Back