Certified Legendary Thread Hamish Mclachlan and wikipedia - a must read for every footy fan - now going nuts on the interwebz

Remove this Banner Ad

Re: hamish mclachlan and wikipedia - a must read for every footy fan - now going nuts on the interwe

Hamish-McLachlan2.gif

HAHAHAHAHA !!!

Oogac is the king !!!

Always will be. :thumbsu:

Re: hamish mclachlan and wikipedia - a must read for every footy fan - now going nuts on the interwe

People power spoke Grizz, and we weren't rewarded!

Tis the way of the world. Take solace in that you've been part of a bigger social media thing than the AFL could achieve. Imagine if there was a budget?

sor1bo.jpg

Apologies for the shitness
Brilliant. Thought of doing that one ages back but had nowhere near the technical know-how to put it together.

Also, your previous sig was better ;)

This is just too much. Greatest thread ever.:D:D

It's already the best post, but if someone could replace Ron Burgundy's head with Cotch's on the Anchorman gif I would love them forever.

Hamish "Doghammer" is touting for business using a pro-forma thank-you note from the Guards Polo Club, president HRH The Prince Phillip. These are not just any guards but The Guards, the ones wearing big fur hats guarding, in principle, the Queen and sundry royal what-nots.

Far more offensive, within his own culture, is his commercialization of the good name of the Hurlingham Polo Association, whose members would regard members of the Marylebone Cricket Club as landless peasants.

This tool, on his own terms, deserves the most bitter and final repudiation of the very people to whose presence he most aspires, "Cut Him Dead."

Yes because we're all so concerned about some rich pommy polo club :)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

WOW! What a thread, can someone tell me what I've missed??? From what I can gather, McLachlan edits his own wiki and runs over dogs??

Any chance people can stop posting in here for a few hours tonight while I sleep, so I don't have so much to catch up on in the morning?

kthanksbye

Been lurking this thread since it started. So bloody funny it's convinced me to sign up.

Pretty sure this is the dog he ran over.

cotchin_main-200x0.jpg

I can't watch the interview again, it makes me sick how he turns it into a laugh... pretty sure the dogs name was Kuda?

It's a decent sized dog and it's pretty ****ing white. Hamish's driving/awareness must be pretty s**t. Looking at himself in the rear-view possibly?

I honestly thought Cotchin showed a lot of restraint in that interview. I really felt sick when he was just laughing it off and touching Cotchin on the shoulder trying to pretend to be his buddy.

Edit: Reading on in thread I found out the dog is fine, thankfully. But still to drive off without checking on the dog or apologising to Cotch is low.

AMAZING Thread

Cotchin/Hame gameday panels epic:thumbsu:

WOW! What a thread, can someone tell me what I've missed??? From what I can gather, McLachlan edits his own wiki and runs over dogs??

Bigfooty user "questionable" noticed that McLachlan's Wikipedia page had been created and solely edited by a Wikipedia user named "Rompingwins".
"questionable" then came to the conclusion that a YouTube user with the same handle "rompingwins" was, in fact, Hamish McLachlan:

"rompingwins" -- the YouTube user -- also has a video where it appears the Channel Seven commentary team are having farewell drinks.
McLachlan told Crikey that he is "not that inclined to get involved other than to say I know 'Rompingwins', as they are a good friend to me and the family."
"They manage my YouTube uploads too, as I can't do them and I need to for work.
"The name 'Rompingwins' is named after a horse they backed that I owned with mates. "
On Big Footy "questionable" summarised the edits by "Rompingwins" to McLachlan's Wikipedia page as:
9 December 2010:
• creates article. poorly formatted. hagiographical.
25 July 2011:
• re-words a few sentences to make his prose really stand out.
• removes implication that his brother's connections influenced AFL reporting at fairfax.
• adds more minute details about his career
• notes that triple M's spring racing coverage is "award winning"
• inserts the word "currently" into the sentence about him and his wife having no children (getting clucky, ham?)
25 July 2011 (an hour later):
• makes his title at entertainment sports properties seems more impressive
• inserts this laughable paragraph: "Through Elite Sports Properties, McLachlan was often asked by company director and part owner Craig Kelly to host the companies sporting events that they managed, whether they be golf tournaments, lunches or testimonial dinners. This role suited Hamish and through Kelly insisting he continued to host events, a new career developed. By design or accident, Kelly's role would change from being Hamish's immediate boss to his manager."
• and this one: "After being seen doing work in Melbourne across horse disciplines in which he was comfortable given his families farming background, Hamish was asked to call equine sports in England and did so for 3 English summers. It was here he spent many hours behind the microphone to became a polished host and caller."
26 July 2011 (forgot to log into his account for this one):
• more pointless details about his childhood
• inserts this sentence "He felt if he couldn't compete at the highest level, he would like to work and be inspired by those who could."
28 September 2011:
• removes all tags saying that the article is unreferenced and unverified
27 October 2011:
• adds a link to his personal website http://tengoals.com.au
• struggles really hard to get the formatting for the link to work. requires a dozen attempts
29 February 2012:
• changes his former ambition to play professional tennis to professional "sport"
• adds some info about charity work
• more rewording
The Wikipedia page was locked last night.
McLachlan manages his own website and twitter account.

Hopefully this will go to a whole other level come April 20th. All hell is going to break loose on that page.

I honestly thought Cotchin showed a lot of restraint in that interview. I really felt sick when he was just laughing it off and touching Cotchin on the shoulder trying to pretend to be his buddy.

Yep hated it when he gave Cotchin a very solid slap on the shoulder to change the subject. :thumbsdown:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back