Reece Conca

Remove this Banner Ad

Agree Richo Guns he really does seem to have it all. Cannot believe he is only 19/20. When Conca, Cotch, Martin all get to their mid 20's we are going to be dominant.

So happy with Conca but let's not forget about Batchelor. He was dropped after poor Pre-Season form and hasn't put a foot wrong in regular season. I said it last year and I'll say it again, I want him to become a Beau Waters, Heath Scotland no-nonsense type of player for us.

This is a video of Conca's goal, bloody brilliant. But notice the unlucky bounce over Batch's head and the ball falls to his man Watts. Instead of getting annoyed and trying a futile chase on Watts, he gets on with it and covers who he sees as the dangerous rebounder in Davies. Smart, level headed play that created the goal.

West coast did the best in that draft with Gaff at 4 and Darling at 27. We were not far behind at all I think

wce took lycett at 29 as well. i reckon they killed the pig with their first 3.

Hmmmmmmmmmmm we could of had

Conca,Darling,Batchelor :rolleyes:

How? By tanking and cashing in our compo pick?
Given WCE would have still been lower than us they would have been able to still nab darling. Our compensation pick could have got us Lycett or Harper, but that's about it.

Exactly. How did you see us getting Darling GUN?

What's more, worth waiting to see who we actually get with the compo pick also.

Nope went low and was clearly going for the ball

Off the afl site:

The Tigers face the prospect of losing Reece Conca to suspension for the second time this year after he delivered a high bump to Christensen in the last quarter.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

From the AFL site

A bump laid by Richmond’s Reece Conca on Geelong's Allen Christensen was also looked at.

The MRP decided that:"Conca was attempting to win possession and he had no realistic alternative way to contest the ball".

Based on some other recent examples I thought he was in real trouble. Good news! Didn't think there was any intent but that hardly seems to matter any more.

He is a Marc Murphy clone imo.

I just cannot see it.

All this love for him in this thread, I think he is slow and makes a lot of mistakes.
He gives away a lot of free kicks by ploughing on top of players in their back and also turns it over a fair bit.
Don't tell me nobody saw the calamity in the last quarter when he tried to handball off to Delidio when we were all streaming forward???
It was intercepted and affectively killed the game.
He just needed to be smarter in that situation, he had time.

I appreciate he has been better so far this year but he still has a loooong way to go.
I am skeptical, when we picked him up first pick a lot of people thought it was a big gamble as he was slated to go much later.
Time will tell but I just don't see the accolades he is being given in this thread at this point in time.

I just cannot see it.

All this love for him in this thread, I think he is slow and makes a lot of mistakes.
He gives away a lot of free kicks by ploughing on top of players in their back and also turns it over a fair bit.
Don't tell me nobody saw the calamity in the last quarter when he tried to handball off to Delidio when we were all streaming forward???
It was intercepted and affectively killed the game.
He just needed to be smarter in that situation, he had time.

I appreciate he has been better so far this year but he still has a loooong way to go.
I am skeptical, when we picked him up first pick a lot of people thought it was a big gamble as he was slated to go much later.
Time will tell but I just don't see the accolades he is being given in this thread at this point in time.

Second year player, so will be inconsistent. Have to remember it is still 3-5 years until he will reach his peak? Certainly shown enough to me to suggest he will be a good player.

Second year player, so will be inconsistent. Have to remember it is still 3-5 years until he will reach his peak? Certainly shown enough to me to suggest he will be a good player.

I totally understand he does need time and is young.

That is one of the reasons why i posted after reading the glowing tributes in this thread.
Lets not get ahead of ourselves and compare him to Murphy.

I still think he is slow and that is a big question mark on him.

I think he is getting caught out trying to be too 'pretty' with some of his disposals i.e the handball over the top that got smothered and the little chip kick coming out of defence that resulted in a turnover. Needs to stick to the basics for the time being and get a bit more experience before he can consistently pull that stuff off. I was a little sceptical at the start also but have seen a massive improvement so far this year in his tackling and pressure. He also knows how to read the play and push into space and has the potential to be a consistent goal kicker. Signs are good so far.

I totally understand he does need time and is young.

That is one of the reasons why i posted after reading the glowing tributes in this thread.
Lets not get ahead of ourselves and compare him to Murphy.
I still think he is slow and that is a big question mark on him.

This was initially a statement from Dimma. He described his running patterns as similar to Marc Murphy.

Surely we can get a chant of 'Smooooooooooooooooth' going whenever he gets the ball for the smoothest mover to ever play the game?

Slow??
He glides along the ground, very low COG, like Cotch.
Just needs to compose himself a little more, which will come with expericence, he's only in his 2nd year don't forget

Remove this Banner Ad

Back