GFL 2012 gfl player movements

Remove this Banner Ad

Anyone know what happened with the match at Drysdale Saturday?

Drysdale looking the goods or Grovedale just really bad? I know in the paper it was getting played down by the coach but surely a 20 goal loss to a bellarine side who didn't make finals last year can't be good signs?? Was hearing things we're getting more and more positive...hopefully just a bad day.

50 grand a year naming rights sponsorship deal with Bisinella. The ground will now be called Bisinella oval. It's believed to be one of the biggest sponsorship deals in country Victoria. Very good bit of business from the cats.

I think the please explain bit was about his comment about them not paying people for their services.

What is happening at newtown? Questions must be getting asked whether spolding is up to it? Losing to south is not a total surprise but dropping points to Leopold is not what you expect when your handing out $200,000 and careers at cotton on!

What is happening at newtown? Questions must be getting asked whether spolding is up to it? Losing to south is not a total surprise but dropping points to Leopold is not what you expect when your handing out $200,000 and careers at cotton on!

I would assume they aren't playing overly well at the minute because they have a whole new squad and need some time to gel and get use to each other and the game plan. In saying that though, i, along with alot of other people around the region hope that isn't the case and they don't make finals! that would be halarious. Big waste of cash that would be.

Wouldn't have thought that game plans would mean too much in local footy when you have that many star players in your line-up.

Wouldn't have thought that game plans would mean too much in local footy when you have that many star players in your line-up.

What a stupid comment.

Surely you don't think just sending out a team scattered with stars can get the job done?
I actually believe they will take a while to gel but when they do newtown will be top 3. They'd wanna get a wriggle on soon though.

When are Joeys going to end this circus that is Russell Robertson? Being paid super super money, doesn't take training every night, plays 5 games in tassie for Burnie, it is madness. Forget your flog gf lunch, your even dafter MCG season launch and concentrate on winning games. Get rid of the showboat coach and stop being headline chasers

What a stupid comment.

Surely you don't think just sending out a team scattered with stars can get the job done?
I actually believe they will take a while to gel but when they do newtown will be top 3. They'd wanna get a wriggle on soon though.

Last year st joeys finished 3rd with 3 losses! Newtown has lost 2 already, and still must play bell park twice, south barwon again, and st joeys twice.
And don't forget ottens will only play 12 games according to the addy, and rookes knee won't let him play every week.
Best case scenario is they make the 5.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Exactly! Joeys must be coping well without him to allow that to happen. Does he still do the radio show on krock on sat-widest world of sports-

What a stupid comment.

That's crap. People read too much into game plans. I agree that they help in a team playing better but they're not the difference in winning or losing. Did a game plan mean that they were helpless to defend Leopold storming back into the game, when in all honesty, Leopold will be lucky to make the finals? Local footy is very professional but still not at the point where execution of a game plan by a team full of very experienced and star footballers is not the difference between winning and losing. Newtown weren't too bad last year but saying things along the lines that ; "...we're just waiting for all the new players to gel in with the game plan before we start winning games" is a cop out. They'll still be right up there at the end of the season, I think everyone agrees with that.

Does anybody else find it a bit sad and frustrating for the competitiveness of the league when all of these ex VFL players seem to be migrating to South Barwon? I know its up to each club to recruit but the Amos/Knuckey/etc. influence at Geelong seems to give the Swans a leg-up that they dont really need in the first place.

That's crap. People read too much into game plans. I agree that they help in a team playing better but they're not the difference in winning or losing. Did a game plan mean that they were helpless to defend Leopold storming back into the game, when in all honesty, Leopold will be lucky to make the finals? Local footy is very professional but still not at the point where execution of a game plan by a team full of very experienced and star footballers is not the difference between winning and losing. Newtown weren't too bad last year but saying things along the lines that ; "...we're just waiting for all the new players to gel in with the game plan before we start winning games" is a cop out. They'll still be right up there at the end of the season, I think everyone agrees with that.

"People read too much into game plans" Gee i hope your not a coach!
3 ex AFL players doesn't make a team.

I agree they should be going better as those players should compliment a side that was OK last year, but the gameplan is the key to winning games. Not 3 players.

I also think that Leopold don't get the credit they deserve. I think they will be close to finals this year.

"People read too much into game plans" Gee i hope your not a coach!
3 ex AFL players doesn't make a team.

I agree they should be going better as those players should compliment a side that was OK last year, but the gameplan is the key to winning games. Not 3 players.

I also think that Leopold don't get the credit they deserve. I think they will be close to finals this year.

Listen guys, all I'm saying is that in local footy, regardless of how professional it has become, it is not just a matter of who has the best game plans. It's all about who has the best lists and the best players and the game plans are the cream on top. Few would argue that over the past 10 years or even more, it is the team with the best game plans that win the flag. South Barwon, Bell Park, St Joeys, etc, etc all have the best lists and best players. The teams down the bottom traditionally such as St Albans, Grovedale, GWSP, North Shore, etc could all have fantastic game plans but if you haven't got good personnel they still won't be able to match it with the best sides consistenty. Newtown had a decent side before this season. They have added a couple of ex-AFL players, a VFL star who has won B&Fs at two different clubs and a few other country stars. They should be winning games of footy. I'm sure they will soon enough.

Does anybody else find it a bit sad and frustrating for the competitiveness of the league when all of these ex VFL players seem to be migrating to South Barwon? I know its up to each club to recruit but the Amos/Knuckey/etc. influence at Geelong seems to give the Swans a leg-up that they dont really need in the first place.
Couldn't agree more mate saw it first hand last Saturday..............

LADDER at the end of the year...

1 South Barwon
2 Bellpark
3 St Joeys
4 Newtown
5 Leopold
6 St Marys or Lara
8 Colac or West St Peters
10 Grovedale
11 North Shore
12 St Albans

GWSP obviously not even good enough to finish with a ladder spot?

Fair to say you'll finish higher than Grovedale going off yesterday's game. Was a pretty scrappy game, and Grovey were competitive for 3 quarters again before being over run in the last. Although we stuck close most of the day I think your boys just always had a bit more poise and class plus some tall targets up forward which made it easier for west to score where as most of our goals were hard work.

Listen guys, all I'm saying is that in local footy, regardless of how professional it has become, it is not just a matter of who has the best game plans. It's all about who has the best lists and the best players and the game plans are the cream on top. Few would argue that over the past 10 years or even more, it is the team with the best game plans that win the flag. South Barwon, Bell Park, St Joeys, etc, etc all have the best lists and best players. The teams down the bottom traditionally such as St Albans, Grovedale, GWSP, North Shore, etc could all have fantastic game plans but if you haven't got good personnel they still won't be able to match it with the best sides consistenty. Newtown had a decent side before this season. They have added a couple of ex-AFL players, a VFL star who has won B&Fs at two different clubs and a few other country stars. They should be winning games of footy. I'm sure they will soon enough.
Who have they got tomorrow??

Remove this Banner Ad

Back