FTA-TV Bruce McAvaney Hate Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

I was going to make a similar comment. I recall when he began calling SANFL, even the early days of AFL, he was a great caller. Suddenly he developed this annoying voice he puts on, and he's nowhere near as good a caller as he used to be.

Sypmtomatic of the game really .. more about theatre than substance.

I wonder AH if Bruce's slipping into theatrics has anything to do with .......... Denise's weird humour. Has Commetti corrupted the delicious commentator?

WE can only hope and pray that an AFL game reaches such sublime heights as Makybe Diva's threepeat, forcing Brucey into abject and honourable silence.

He and Den just don't work well together. They keep trying to be funny with random banter that interrupts the field of play, just call the freakin' game! Can anyone remember how well Dennis and Bruce worked together in 2001 and prior under the old 7 contract? Also, I don't listen to radio but I know Dennis calls a Saturday afternoon game on one of the station. Is he better working with someone else?

Also, I reckon Bruce is a better tennis commentator these days then he is at football.

This egotistical amateur thinks we turn the TV on to listen to him. He's not the only one. His colleagues besides Lethal all seem to be suffering from narcissistic personality disorder.

We don't want to hear you guys go ON AND ON AND ON.

We don't need your shite camera angles.

We don't need shots of the coaches box whilst ANOTHER throw in/ball up takes place.

We don't want to hear you ****wits go ON AND ON AND ON all in the name of stroking your pathetic egos

STFU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We don't need Bruce's barracking either

You are meant to be impartial!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Was blatantly barracking for Fremantle tonight.

Channel 7's camera angles were f****** horrible all night.

After putting up with the same s**t in Round 1 I now sincerely hope Channel 7 commentators (especially Taylor, Darcy, and McAveney) suffer unforeseen accidents in the throat region.

I turned it off at three quarter time. Carlton completing controlling the game, Fremantle had failed to SCORE for most of one quarter, Clarke kicks a goal and McAveney shot out more body fluid than when Cyril Rioli plays a 7 possession game.

McAveney's sole quality now is that he isn't Brian Taylor.

This egotistical amateur thinks we turn the TV on to listen to him. He's not the only one. His colleagues besides Lethal all seem to be suffering from narcissistic personality disorder.

We don't want to hear you guys go ON AND ON AND ON.

We don't need your shite camera angles.

We don't need shots of the coaches box whilst ANOTHER throw in/ball up takes place.

We don't want to hear you ****wits go ON AND ON AND ON all in the name of stroking your pathetic egos

STFU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We don't need Bruce's barracking either

You are meant to be impartial!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bullseye.

Send this to Channel 7. Not that they'll take any notice.

Darcy is worse. Difference with Bruce is he is only on Channel 7 for games. Darcy is on the TV and the radio (mornings on triple M and game nights on triple M). He's a hack commentator.

Darcy is worse

Harley & Darcy state the obvious.

At least SOS improved over time; as did Tammy Watson.

ATM I would have Danny Southern doing some commentating.

Look, it must be hard discussing what just happened in a 10 second grab.

I wonder if they all do any training on what's expected...or are they all such 'professionals' that they turn up on the day, Round 1 and expect it all to gel?

Do the directors bring them in mid week and go through what's expected or how to improve or what the audience want or what was poor last week?

And again 'loosey' popped up last night. Good grief. :rolleyes:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Harley & Darcy state the obvious.

At least SOS improved over time; as did Tammy Watson.

ATM I would have Danny Southern doing some commentating.

Look, it must be hard discussing what just happened in a 10 second grab.

I wonder if they all do any training on what's expected...or are they all such 'professionals' that they turn up on the day, Round 1 and expect it all to gel?

Do the directors bring them in mid week and go through what's expected or how to improve or what the audience want or what was poor last week?

And again 'loosey' popped up last night. Good grief. :rolleyes:

I Love Loosey.
:)

Made a point of listening carefully to a Ch 7 broadcast on weekend.
Q1 only three rhetorical questions
Q2 either 7 or 8 of same
Q3 [as his excitemnet grows, the floodgates open]

by this stage I was watching the game :p

"oh beau waters!!! He's never done that before in his life" :rolleyes:

Great call Bruce. Then you backed up the winning goal to seal the match not knowing what Jack Darling looked like, despite having all game to recognise his number.

Give it away old man.

I like his comment when darling kicked his second goal.

"And he's kicked it...(pause) That's straight as...A Gun baaaarrreeelll"

ah no bruce its gunbarrell straight, if you must use a footy cliche'

The way Bruce constantly talks about Cyril and Buddy while commentating games where the Hawks aren't even playing is awesome :thumbsu:

The way Bruce constantly talks about Cyril and Buddy while commentating games where the Hawks aren't even playing is awesome :thumbsu:

Judd too.

Last year, Collingwood v Hawthorn, Hodge and Ball were involved in a bit of play, Bruce got excited, and pointed out that "Gee, #3 from that draft is pretty good too, eh?"

Remove this Banner Ad

Back