Preview Round 5: Lions v Cats

Remove this Banner Ad

it was frustrating and upsetting to watch this game

You can say oh we played Geelong in bad conditions but our skills and decision making have been poor for a few years now - when does enough become enough, like I asked before when does effort and nothing else stop being 'commendable' and start being unacceptable.

Right now we are accepting mediocrity and that shouldn't be the case.

And I will go there - we should of done better for Simon's 300th but we didnt which got me really upset!

You can win clearances, I50, contested possies etc but it's more about how you use those stats to your advantage then actually getting them.

I thought tonight some of us (Myself included) were more disappointed that our first 3 quarters happened on Simon's 300th.

10 Touches from Sam Sheldon tonight and he didn't get subbed off, I'm not a fan of him (I know some think he shows a bit) but he really isn't improving,
I think his forward pressure and tackling is fine but he needs to fine more of the footy since he doesn't kick goals.

I'd also like to apologize to Lionshine as well since we got into a little argument, Footy can make us upset some times, more so on an occasion like Simon's 300th. :thumbsu:

He really does look like a rabbit in headlights when he gets the ball in his hands. Just throws it away. Would love some efficiency stats, I'm sure they are dreadful. He brings nothing to the side that a first year rookie couldn't. Get Him Out!

He really does look like a rabbit in headlights when he gets the ball in his hands. Just throws it away. Would love some efficiency stats, I'm sure they are dreadful. He brings nothing to the side that a first year rookie couldn't. Get Him Out!
Ironically he had 70% DE tonight and only 2 clangers.

On the other hand Rocky had just 41% DE!!

Only lower was Raines and Brown.

Redden with the highest at 76%

Joel Selwood.

Here's a bloke who is so brave he would gladly dive headfirst in front of a

train if there was a footy in front of it, yet doesnt have a single qualm about

falling to the ground, arms flailing like a sissy after a little love tap. Fair

dinkum. Andrew Raines, you may never be as good a player as J. Selwood but

at least your not a gutless diving sniper. :thumbsu:

He needs to play the full game or at least the majority of it. Him being the sub is wasteful IMO. The sub should be someone who can come on and give us run through the midfield.

I agree mate, if it were up to me i'd play him every week but that wasn't the point I was making. Some posts suggested that Green or Harwood would have been a better sub and this was another reason Vossy's the worst coach ever. I'd suggest going from the amount of inside 50s we had that we were crying out for a quick, skilled forward with goal sense (see Karnezis).

And on another topics...an umpire whinge now.
1. When did the "throwing a shoe away from the contest" rule come in?
2. I swear the ump was about the call a throw-in, Johnson says something, then the ump consults with the goal umpire about whether it was deliberate or OOF. SInce ****en when do they consult with players about a decision.

Efficiency stats usually aren't posted on the afl site until a few hours after the game, but Sheldon's 14 disposals last week were at 57% - the 3rd lowest in the team (behind only Maguire's 53% and Crisp's 41%).

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Joel Selwood.

Here's a bloke who is so brave he would gladly dive headfirst in front of a

train if there was a footy in front of it, yet doesnt have a single qualm about

falling to the ground, arms flailing like a sissy after a little love tap. Fair

dinkum. Andrew Raines, you may never be as good a player as J. Selwood but

Couldn't have put it better myself!:thumbsu:

Re: Round 5Lions v Cats

Even Patfull? :eek:

I could go so many places with that and get so many red cards...

Suffice to say that he barely scraped a pass mark under pressure. Like I said, with the lack of conversion and turnovers in the forward line, our poor defenders were under the pump from the start. Even sending Rog down back didn't help. I just wanted to hug poor Joel (and maybe Jed...maybe...) and tell him he was still my favourite.

Did Fatcat get to kick? Had to leave at Qrt time - sister was soaked :(

My poor sister managed to bust her knee open on the Gabba stairs. She spent the rest of the game undercover with her boyfriend. Big thanks to the first aider who took care of her.

Joel Selwood.*

Here's a bloke who is so brave he would gladly dive headfirst in front of a*

train if there was a footy in front of it, yet doesnt have a single qualm about*

falling to the ground, arms flailing like a sissy after a little love tap. Fair*

dinkum. Andrew Raines, you may never be as good a player as J. Selwood but*

I have a few qualms of my own with this post.

1. You've gone and said he's courageous and gutless in the same post. There goes your credibility already.

2. Love tap my ass. Looked dizzy and out of place after that thump. Took one more little "love tap" before they took him off the ground completely.

3. If you want to bring up ducking, Selwood plays within the rules, whether you like it or not. And you should get to the ball first, I mean Sel isn't even that fast!

4. Gutless players don't lead with their head.

I really want to be a good sport about this, but posts like this make it so hard.

Don't know what to make of that game.

We competed well in many ways but just didn't know how to execute.

More scoring shots than them... Argh.

There there. I totally sympathese.

I was torn between wanting to throttle the team and feeling bad for them.

Don't know what to make of that game.

We competed well in many ways but just didn't know how to execute.

More scoring shots than them... Argh.

I thought early on the scoreboard didn't do our efforts justice, but then the sodas at the tail end of the game probably flattered us a little, so, I guess it evened itself out overall. *shrugs*

Oh, and footy smarts and footy skills are still desperately needed. Anyone got any they don't want? :footy:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back