Status
Not open for further replies.

Peter Mac

Debutant
May 9, 2006
Australia
Other Teams
Trentham Cliffs Mullets
If the Doggies were concerned about the salary cap they sure ain't showing it. Plenty of activity on the transfer front. Will be interesting to see just who trots out on Good Friday for Round 1?

Hillite

Team Captain
Mar 25, 2006
Mildura
AFL Club
St Kilda
Just had a quick look at Souths points last year. They had 24 to use (dont know what the 2 extra were for maybe for finishing 6th in 2010) with two left at the end. i reckon they've got 8 points to play with this year unless some of last years point earners have left or relegated to ressies only.
So McNulty would be a four that leaves four for the remaining recruits (maybe even 2 if they lose those 2 extra points) They wont get Keatch for nothing so they are getting very close to the line.
Merbein would be getting very close too.
Imps aren't.

Feb 4, 2008
Melbourne
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I can report with good authority that there will be no D-Train in Ouyen this year. Trains have struggled to pass through Ouyen since the Vinelander ceased. The confirmed recruits are Moncur,Jackson,3 X Felise's and 2 Aboriginal lads from the Wanderers in Darwin(who played with Jacko) including one included in the NT team of the year-
BACK POCKET: Mitchell Taylor (Wanderers) Taylor was a standout in the Eagles backline with his big marking and quick transfer of the play by hand or foot. Was a big factor in Wanderers' rise from also-rans to preliminary finalists.
It would appear the demons may have partly compensated fot the 10+

Mitch still suspended? He's served one week, but think he got 2

Big One

Debutant
Feb 16, 2012
Country Victoria
AFL Club
Geelong
Was good to watch the games on Friday (didn't see much Sat), Merbein has a great young crew James O'Neil, Ash Rowe, James Baren, Will Lowry, Tim Irvin, Brad Burns if all those stay back in 18s, surely they'd dominate?

Interesting to see all the other clubs and who they put up during the pre-season games aswell, giving them some senior exposure!

Schnail73

Team Captain
Feb 19, 2011
the merry-go-round
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Arsenal FC, Box Hill Hawks
Was good to watch the games on Friday (didn't see much Sat), Merbein has a great young crew James O'Neil, Ash Rowe, James Baren, Will Lowry, Tim Irvin, Brad Burns if all those stay back in 18s, surely they'd dominate?

Interesting to see all the other clubs and who they put up during the pre-season games aswell, giving them some senior exposure!
Ash Rowe and Brad Burns are jets, both should play ones all year, Rowe might find himself playing more than a few for the Pioneers....

Hillite

Team Captain
Mar 25, 2006
Mildura
AFL Club
St Kilda
Has everyone gone bush???
Easter games went as expected in that mildura won and the south irymple game was a tough one which apparently did wonders for the irymple coffers.

the swallows have picked up some great "recruits" in Hodson, Westhead and most likely Peake and a little swallow tells me that there may even be a new recruit in the pipeline for the swallows.

irymple could just about put last years grand final side on the park minus coghlan, matthews and I guess mcKenzie.

Tiger values

Draftee
Jan 26, 2012
AFL Club
Carlton
I could not believe the extreme profanity from one Lynton Bate on Saturday. As a red cliffs supporter im extremely embarrassed.

Bit rich to single out one supporter lamp. The abuse from the whole crowd was directed at the 2 dirty 'ex red cliffs' snipers that still couldn't get a kick even when their team was well on top...

Rabbito

Team Captain
Jul 9, 2006
Tim-Buc-2
Bit rich to single out one supporter lamp. The abuse from the whole crowd was directed at the 2 dirty 'ex red cliffs' snipers that still couldn't get a kick even when their team was well on top...

Isn't he the president? With the 'sniper' and 'couldn't get a kick' comments sounds like sore loser stuff.

Tiger values

Draftee
Jan 26, 2012
AFL Club
Carlton
Isn't he the president? With the 'sniper' and 'couldn't get a kick' comments sounds like sore loser stuff.

Not a sore loser at all. Merbein played well. The term 'Sniper, refers to the fact that the only players that came off bleeding were red cliffs players, anyone at the game could clearly see who was throwing the punches

lumber17

Draftee
Nov 25, 2009
Mildura
AFL Club
North Melbourne
see irymple had a good win today with 5-6 players still out that are probbably in their best 22.....dont write them off too early because wentworth had their best 22 on the park

Hillite

Team Captain
Mar 25, 2006
Mildura
AFL Club
St Kilda
see irymple had a good win today with 5-6 players still out that are probbably in their best 22.....dont write them off too early because wentworth had their best 22 on the park

I can think of maybe 3 out. Who's in your 5-6 ??
However I did hear that they had a handy recruit in the pipeline.

Hillite

Team Captain
Mar 25, 2006
Mildura
AFL Club
St Kilda
Apparently another one but I dont know anything about him as yet. May or may not be a senior player.
The swallows are doing well on the recruiting front considering they are pretty frugal with their cash.

lumber17

Draftee
Nov 25, 2009
Mildura
AFL Club
North Melbourne
heard he was an on baller who played at werribee and is linked to a gm job locally.....also to answer your question hillite....from the side i got told the swallows named this week......there is this list of blokes out who can play senior footy, baynes, dowdy, kempton, seddon, pezzaniti, and also if he gets fit and ready payne.....the swallows have options....good for the club

magpie90

Debutant
Jan 21, 2008
Mornington
AFL Club
Collingwood
Thanks to all for their thoughts on all things SFL. Have not been there since '97 so a lot of things have changed. Always good to hear how certain teams are going and who is doing well etc. Unfortunately the Sunraysia Daily online and sporting pulse does not give all the information I would like. I understand the views on here can be through one eye, however, it still keeps me in touch with the SFL. All your thoughts on season 2012 are appreciated.

Hillite

Team Captain
Mar 25, 2006
Mildura
AFL Club
St Kilda
Thanks to all for their thoughts on all things SFL. Have not been there since '97 so a lot of things have changed. Always good to hear how certain teams are going and who is doing well etc. Unfortunately the Sunraysia Daily online and sporting pulse does not give all the information I would like. I understand the views on here can be through one eye, however, it still keeps me in touch with the SFL. All your thoughts on season 2012 are appreciated.

Max T 's "Mildura Independant" is another info source.

Jan 26, 2009
Langtree Ave
AFL Club
Richmond
Any news on new or returning players to the league

How are they going? Above or below par?

Darren Atkinson
James Wary
Mathew and Joel Bate
Benard Rigby
Paul McNulty
Leeroy Eggmolsee