Brett Kirk's cringeworthy intro.

May 15, 2007
Central Vic
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Melbourne Renegades
Jesus Christ Kirky, lay off the LCD on gameday and just stick to the bongs.

I had a huge problem with CRT back in the 80's & 90's myself. Brady bunch, the Banana Splits, even dabbled in a little Sons & Daughters back when it was flooding the streets.

Glad to say I came out the other side. May Kirky find the help he needs to do the same.

wow that was unbelievable. i'd love to share positive energy with kirk one day, i mean, drop acid, he is a legend

The House

Club Legend
Mar 24, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Pelicans
Not sure who is responsible for the dialogue/content, but it is utter horse s**t....are they even aware that the bogan/knockabout sector of their demographic actually makes up a sizeable, if not majority of their audience??

This whole thing is written with a tone that somehow makes me feel entirely patronised.

....and as for the delivery by Kirk...oh boy. Just terrible.

The content could barely have been less relevant to a footy coverage, and the delivery could barely have been have been more uncomfortable to watch.

To be fair to Kirk, I'm not sure anyone could have delivered that crap well - I think it's a good idea to think outside the box and add something new to the coverage once in a while, but the appalling lack of judgement from whoever ticked this off is mind blowing.

Good work 7. :rolleyes:

Not sure who is responsible for the dialogue/content, but it is utter horse s**t....are they even aware that the bogan/knockabout sector of their demographic actually makes up a sizeable, if not majority of their audience??

This whole thing is written with a tone that somehow makes me feel entirely patronised.

....and as for the delivery by Kirk...oh boy. Just terrible.

The content could barely have been less relevant to a footy coverage, and the delivery could barely have been have been more uncomfortable to watch.

To be fair to Kirk, I'm not sure anyone could have delivered that crap well - I think it's a good idea to think outside the box and add something new to the coverage once in a while, but the appalling lack of judgement from whoever ticked this off is mind blowing.

Good work 7. :rolleyes:

Maybe they believe there is a huge untapped audience around Mullumbimby?
:)

Homer nods.

Jesus wept.

And I felt a terrible sense of pathos for Kirk, since he so obviously struggles with his second language, English. If you're going to work in the media you have to be speak clearly.

Jesus Christ Kirky, lay off the LCD on gameday and just stick to the bongs.

Give the bloke some wizz to level him out beofre he speaks to the camera.

Kinda reminds me of this commentator off Dodge Ball

pepper.jpg

ozgamer

Premiership Player
Aug 7, 2009
Perth
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Minnesota Vikings
I will never look at the words "unique" and "individuals" in the same light again.

Aug 25, 2008
Leeds/'Berra/Sydney
AFL Club
Sydney
Tried to sit through the whole thing but had to bail at 1:47.

I can't believe I don't remember this car-crash of a speech... Either I didn't see it at the time or had managed to block it from my memory.

Crazy Vossy FTW.

It actually gets better in the second half. Voss loses the awkwardness a bit. The first couple of minutes are truly shocking though.

Kirk's intro was worse though....

Lamp

Debutant
Dec 5, 2010
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Ridiculous. Favourite part is about 17 seconds in when he tries to say 'we're gonna engage with our minds..' and instead says 'wedageda engage' before pausing for a second in what looks like a desperate attempt to avoid breaking down and crying.

1980GFVideo

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 21, 2004
Heidelberg
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Richmond
Lucky changerooms these days are big enough for none of the Essendon players to hear that.

Essendon would have been flogged that day.

Was it his own words? Even Sevens worst attempts at being football entertainers has never been as bad as that and Ive seen all thier seven week attempts during the nineties.

May 10, 2004
The Mothership
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Pistons/Hammers/Sri Lanka/The Exers

I'm not all that happy with any coverage of footy these days.

Call me old fashioned but I liked it better when it was all about the game, and the entertainment came from genuine characters being themselves (on and off the ground).

Not all the contrived histrionics, over analysis and self congratulatory puff pieces we get these days.

Can you imagine The Captain and The Major getting a gig in today's footy?

KillaKanga

Norm Smith Medallist
Feb 9, 2011
If I'm online I'm at work!
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Boston CelticsRedSoxBruins
I suspect it was a hazing incident for the 'rookie'

He's done his time!!!

Lingy's next. They were going to make him do a nudie run but the glow in the dark body would destroy any Plasma tv that screened it!!

nicky

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 13, 2005
Melbourne
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Crystal palace, socceroos
I'm not all that happy with any coverage of footy these days.

Call me old fashioned but I liked it better when it was all about the game, and the entertainment came from genuine characters being themselves (on and off the ground).

Not all the contrived histrionics, over analysis and self congratulatory puff pieces we get these days.

Can you imagine The Captain and The Major getting a gig in today's footy?

It's starting to feel like american baseball - where "mr met" mascot comes on the big screen and tells everybody to "come on everybody, clap your hands"..... so everyone jumps out of their seats to follow his instructions. Then an ad comes on screen so people sit back in their chairs to watch it.

Too much entertainment not enough substance. Like the god awful music they play at games these days - please make them stop!

Back