Motorsport photos

Remove this Banner Ad

Aug 10, 2011
Somewhere near Rachael Neiberding
AFL Club
Carlton
On Sunday, I went to the first round of the Victorian State Circuit Racing Series at Phillip Island. So I thought I'd share some photos of an event some of you, if not all, may not have even known was going on. I rarely attend the high profile races, but do attend smaller ones and plan to attend even more than normal this year.

Personally, I think the best race meeting in the country (my favourite at least) is the Phillip Island Classic, which is held the week before the GP. I'm dirty my camera stuffed up before that event. But anyway, here you go...

Formula Vee

scaled.php

HQ Holden

scaled.php

scaled.php

Formula Ford

scaled.php

these are a few years old now and ive posted them in another thread before. no editing to them. ive probably got some better more recent oens buts its been ages since i went through my photos. got a few reccently of 4-wide racing in charlotte but theyre mostly stationary start line shots and i havent even looked at them yet aside from on the camera screen.

11458428.jpg

85935310.jpg

28151131.jpg

90148937.jpg

That's some nice work guys. I particularly like the Castrol doorslammer shot. I really enjoy taking photos when I head to the Island to see the bikes, have thousands of shots but have never quite got the knack of the bike in focus with the background blurred to get the sense of speed they're actually travelling at. Might post a couple of shots up later.

They're some brave photographers on the exit of those corners! :eek: I also like the 'projector' beams the rally cars are using these days. ;) Like your work.

They're some brave photographers on the exit of those corners! :eek:
The yellow Datsun, fourth photo? Almost lost complete control coming into the corner and was close to collecting the spectators further on from the guy with the black hoodie and 3/4 in the second photo!

I also like the 'projector' beams the rally cars are using these days. ;)
Not just that, they're the only significant light at the spectator points! Between cars, it's almost pitch black!

Like your work.
There's more to come.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Wasn't last Weekend's categories Porsche GT3 Cup, Sports Sedans, Superkarts, Australian GT, Australian Manufacturers Championship & Touring Car Masters.

Anyway they are back at the The Island near the end of the year.

How did you get that shot of the car spinning into MG? Looks like you were up a tree!
I was standing on the outside of the exit of the last corner, the same spot where I took the Sports Sedans on the rolling start. You can see MG in the distance from there, obviously. There's more room on the screen and more time to take that type photo when it's so far away. I've also edited the picture so that it's a bigger feature and in the centre. I would never have been able to take a good photo of the Mercedes-Benz that crashed right in front of me, there was also an Audi R8 that did simliar, but almost no damage done.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back