80​
-​
-​
78​
-​
Sorrento​
Cups WR​

Last edited:
Played today for the first time in 4-5 weeks, and for the first time over 18 holes which was at Melton.

Was hitting relatively well off the tee, and recovering well when needed to. Hit 61 for the first 9, then hit really well over the other 9 ending up with 49. In that 49 there was 3 par's which I was stoaked about.

Beat my previous personal best over 9 which was 55, could have been a lot lower than 49 as I hit it into the lakes a few times but still overall really happy with getting back out there having a hit.

18 pts on the from 9 @ moonah.

11 on the back. typical PN play, falling apart on the back 9.

pristine conditions, usual wind. for some reason we seemed to be hitting into it a lot!!

final 3 holes went wipe, wipe, 2.

fml

Am a member at forest resort (creswick) where the Vic open was held. Shot 22 in stableford on the front 9, then collapsed to on 9 for a total of 31. Tough rough, but an excellent and challenging course if anyone is ever in the area..... makes you think, just cant bring out the driver, and positionoing is the most important strategy....

96 off the stick at Ringwood today. Pretty pissed off, surprised I didn't break my driver early on..was hitting it OK later but had plenty of bad luck. s**t happens I guess.

I've seen the Creswick course but didn't get to play it, looks fairly challenging!

Am a member at forest resort (creswick) where the Vic open was held. Shot 22 in stableford on the front 9, then collapsed to on 9 for a total of 31. Tough rough, but an excellent and challenging course if anyone is ever in the area..... makes you think, just cant bring out the driver, and positionoing is the most important strategy....

which is how golf should be played. ive put the driver away until i can get more lessons cause there's no confidence or straightness in the club. 3 wood is fine, more reliable personally.

do you find you play better on the front 9 than the back?

Usually play the back 9 better, just got a bit over confident i think, the rough is exceptionally hard to get out of, plenty of slope on the fairway and tight. If you dont hiy straight, you will either lose the ball or have to chip out, other courses around the area, the rough doesnt really affect your score. Greens are the most challenging but awesome. Great slopes, hard to read...... Andre Stoltz plaing at the pga said they where the hardest he had seeen.... Bonus was I found 15 balls yesterday.... Who ws ever using the Maxi fly balls must ahve been having a bad day...found 7 of them..all nearly new...

Shot 79 from the stones around St Andrews on Sunday - OMG what a golf course, no wonder it is ranked 11 in Australia. Par 70 with multiple par 4's into the wind of over 420 metres. And the greens - so slick with multiple breaks,
Anyone else played St Andrews lately?

Played at Keysborough for Police and Emergency. Fairways amazing, greens inconsistent. Shot 23 for back 9 which I started on. Shot 10 for front 9 to finish on. Pretty pissed off.

puma%20182.jpg

wore these bad boys for the first time on sunday. felt good in the store, but figured out my right foot is smaller, thus moves a bit and back of my heel hurts.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

puma%20182.jpg

wore these bad boys for the first time on sunday. felt good in the store, but figured out my right foot is smaller, thus moves a bit and back of my heel hurts.

Me rikey.

Poulter wears some awesome clothes....when he stays away from the bright colours.

Par 3 day tomorrow. Should be a fun day, provided the rain stays away.

Me rikey.

Poulter wears some awesome clothes....when he stays away from the bright colours.

Par 3 day tomorrow. Should be a fun day, provided the rain stays away.

bought a pair of callaways earlier that day (from the club - said i can wear it around home to test). but didnt like the look.

so went to [MENTION]drummond[/MENTION] and tried on the ace2, and the next model up which made me harder than a golf ball. but decided on the ace2 cause it was a little cheaper and at the time fitted well.

pulled out of tomorrows early morning game citing back soreness. gearing up for big weekends round and next weeks monthly medal

36 pts ocean course today. 3 wipes. lost by 1 pt to a former AFL legend brownlow medal winner. had a nice chat with him after the game, at each other (in a friendly way).

pared the final hole for 4 pts. so i was joint 2nd but after countback i was relegated to 5th. fuuuuuuuuu

has he got a name or are we supposed to guess?

on the topic of shoes nothing beats these

ecco-golf-street.jpg

these were my last, 3 rounds and 14 blisters later... they ended up in the bin

puma_club_917_blk_lge.jpg

has he got a name or are we supposed to guess?

on the topic of shoes nothing beats these

ecco-golf-street.jpg

these were my last, 3 rounds and 14 blisters later... they ended up in the bin

puma_club_917_blk_lge.jpg

hmmm, if you would like to know, you may PM me.

love the look of echos!!!! searched far and wide for sizing here, but no one had my EXACT echo size. tried on ones that matched my everyday sneakers, but they didnt fit. glad to hear they are doing the job for you.

interesting to see you got blisters from the pumas. im hoping i dont incur the same wrath, although right now my feet are hurting from yesterdays round.

2 for 1 down at St Andrews beach this sunday... too good to turn down

Got out on Friday to test out what my lessons have been doing for me.

Struck an 84. Front 9 went around in 40 with 6 pars. Consistant. But was putting for birdie on 4 of those holes and missed them all, 2 under 6 feet. Havent had anything done about my putting so that maybe next.

Swing has been totally remodelled and its slightly tough to put everything into practice. Have dropped probably 20 meters or so with the new swing but boy I am hitting them dead straight most of the time.

Back 9 wasn't as nice but rolled in 2 birdies (and a truckload of bogeys)

All in all it was a great exercise to see where I am at. Back to the driving range this week for some more work. Loving golf.

Good stuff, Don.

Recently changed my grip around and even a little thing like that takes a while to get used to.

I had a very strong grip (top hand too far over) and that, combined with getting a bit stronger, i started to hit massive hooks.

Fixed it up and am just starting to get used to it. Just hope my handicap doesn't blow out in the mean time.

Good stuff, Don.

Recently changed my grip around and even a little thing like that takes a while to get used to.

I had a very strong grip (top hand too far over) and that, combined with getting a bit stronger, i started to hit massive hooks.

Fixed it up and am just starting to get used to it. Just hope my handicap doesn't blow out in the mean time.

them shoes are ecco golf streets. very nice. go get!!

yes, strong grip is strong will ultimately lead to hooks. or so my coach suggests.

im the same, have changed grip but am not playing comps for the time being (a week and a bit). unfortunately unable to fully practice due to an injury. will still head to club on weekend to do some putting, chipping and chinwag with locals.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back