Netball Netball - ANZ Championship

Remove this Banner Ad

How about today's game?

Vixens were amazing against the Fever and Mentor once again was a standout in defence.

Caldwell was great at goal attack during the first half before Howarth came on and shot brilliantly after coming off the bench to replace Beveridge at half-time.

I think i am going to propose to Mentor, have never met her but she is so damm fine

Wow Mystics might have reinvented defending in netball. The chairlift or in rugby terms the lock jumping looks very impressive. Surprised it wasn't thought of earlier.

Wow Mystics might have reinvented defending in netball. The chairlift or in rugby terms the lock jumping looks very impressive. Surprised it wasn't thought of earlier.

Was awesome to watch, tipping above the ring has been in men's & mixed netball for 20 years, but watching the vixens goals struggle with it was funny, see the set, dish ball and shoot. Was great to see but good coaches will have a strategy in place already.

Interesting to note that this whole thing of picking up your fellow defender to provide a height advantage actually happened at last year's World Championships in Singapore.

The host country used it as a way to attempting to contain the impact of Sri Lanka's giant shooter Shivalingham.

It's been great to have netball up in lights in terms of media coverage since this happened and long may interest in the sport continue to rise. :thumbsu:

I'll get back to you after this weekend's round of games is played.

A bit close to call at the momet, very open competition.

Magic for premiers, playoff against mystics or tbirds. vixens out in straight sets sadly. best season of netball ever

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Mighty choke by the Vixens.

Their Goal Shooter single-handedly lost it for them IMO. Multiple routine opportunities, multiple misses. Disappointing.

Vixens deserved that to happen IMO. Shooting like s**t all day, then in the final quarter they had the ball early on for a few minutes up their end, and they didn't wanna shoot unless they were right out of the circle, so they kept trying to reload and often stuffed it up. Anyway, there was my netball watching for the year.

Vixens deserved that to happen IMO. Shooting like s**t all day, then in the final quarter they had the ball early on for a few minutes up their end, and they didn't wanna shoot unless they were right out of the circle, so they kept trying to reload and often stuffed it up. Anyway, there was my netball watching for the year.

I blame the coach. Your shooter is playing like s**t all day, meanwhile you've got an Australian squad shooter sitting on the bench which you refuse to play. Deserve to lose

Yeah, probably fair call Benny.

Have been up late a fair few late nights and have heard you on SEN a few times buddy - you do a very good job. :thumbsu:

You studying or have studied journalism or communications or something similar?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back