Saints Sponsorship

Remove this Banner Ad

sponsor12_major.jpg

120316_prempart.jpg

2012_offpart1.jpg

sponsor12_accopart.jpg

St Kilda has retained Centrebet as a major partner in 2012, but is trying to lure another company to match that commitment.

The Saints are in talks with two candidates.

St Kilda is also in the market for a community partner after losing St George Bank, a subsidiary of Westpac, at the end of last season.

But in some good news, Jeld-Wen, the club's former major sponsor, has signed on as a second-tier partner, while power-tool maker Ozito has bought space on the players' shorts.

above from
Space race still going for Dees, Saints
Mark Stevens and Michael Warner
March 27, 201212:00AM

Call Active is also new. Appeared last week and is now on board behind the players/coaches during press conferences. Nathan Burke is actually the Chief Operating Manager of it, so guess that helped get them across the line.

I bought a brand new Mitsubishi Outlander late last year and took delivery Christmas eve.

When discussing the finances, the dealership strongly promoted St George bank.

I decided to not go through with the St George bank financing because they had just broken off their sponsorship of the SKFC.

I was grateful that they had sponsored us, but upset that they decided to dump us.

St George to drop St Kilda shorts as too hot a potato
Mark Hawthorne
September 10, 2011

That deal included an estimated $250,000 a year for the St George brand to appear on St Kilda's shorts, and a further $150,000 for the branding rights to the match ball.

Central to the decision to quit St Kilda was undoubtedly Westpac's decision to rebrand all its St George branches as Bank of Melbourne in Victoria.

A spokesman for Bank of Melbourne confirmed that its deal with St Kilda would expire on October 31 this year and would not be renewed.

Asked directly if the scandals involving St Kilda over the past two years had played a role in the bank's decision, a source at the bank replied: ''yes.''

Over the course of the sponsorship, St Kilda also developed a grassroots program called The Saints in Schools, which was funded by St George.

That ''health, nutrition and physical activity program'' was provided to 6000 primary school students each year in Melbourne's south-eastern suburbs.

It makes the grassroots claim a little spurious.

As is always the case with sponsorship dollars, image is crucial. As a result, St Kilda's tarnished image and its relationship with gambling outfit Centrebet are not in its favour. Gaming is a political and ethical hot potato, and a potential source of further scandals involving players and staff.

One wonders if, in taking sponsorship cash from gaming outfits, some clubs are robbing Peter to pay Paul.

Gambling, like alcohol, can be damaging to your health if taken in excess. However, gambling and alcohol are pivotal sponsors of sport in Australia. Being sponsored by Centrebet is no better, or no worse, than being sponsored by Tooheys, Carlton, Hahn, XXXX etc etc, IMHO ;)

Saints get the party sponsors, smokes booze and gambling in the last 30 years.

Sure we've mixed it up with milk, appliances, mortgages, bills, and windows but still!

As is always the case with sponsorship dollars, image is crucial. As a result, St Kilda's tarnished image and its relationship with gambling outfit Centrebet are not in its favour. Gaming is a political and ethical hot potato, and a potential source of further scandals involving players and staff.

One wonders if, in taking sponsorship cash from gaming outfits, some clubs are robbing Peter to pay Paul.
I agree big K. I've never been particularly comfortable with Centrebet as our major sponsor, but I'm not too naive to think that we can pick & choose in the world of corporate sponsorship. At least you know what your getting not like feeding Nutragrain to your kids & thinking it's a healthy choice.

they have been on board now for several years. Thats why the cost of the 4 day weekend age is $75 (i beleive). I also remember hearing the saints have contra advertising.

CallActive will be the official communications and ball partner of the St Kilda Football Club for the 2012 Toyota Premiership Season.

CallActive joins JELD-WEN which has re-signed with the Saints for 2012 and 2013 having been a valued partner since 2008.

CEO of the St Kilda Football Club, Michael Nettlefold, has welcomed CallActive as the official communications and ball partner and thanked JELD-WEN for their ongoing support.

“This is an exciting new partnership with CallActive for the Saints, in what is going to be an exciting year of football,” said St Kilda FC CEO, Michael Nettlefold.

Michael Nettlefold said the return of JELD-WEN as a partner of the St Kilda Football Club embodies the loyalty and passion of Saints supporters.

“There is no doubt that JELD-WEN has well and truly joined the Saints family after 5 years of support,” said Michael Nettlefold, CEO of the St Kilda Football Club.

READ MORE - http://www.saints.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/5315/newsid/131724/default.aspx

** Premier Partner that should read. Will be seen on coaches box, should have last night actually.

I'm not pleased with Centrebet as a business, their website is absolutely disgraceful and while it doesn't change us it isn't a great look.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I joined up with Centrebet because they sponsor us.
I have found the site easy to navigate and use for AFL betting.
They offer good odds and a good range of betting modalities.

I couldn't find the AFL premiers congrats you mentioned but I did see Freemantle and was less than impressed - so I e-mailed them an told them so.

Mortgage Choice, Australia’s largest independently-operated mortgage broker, and its comparison website HelpMeChoose.com.au, are thrilled to announce a two-year Premier Partnership agreement with the St Kilda Football Club (‘The Saints’).

Mortgage Choice Chief Executive Officer Michael Russell said, “We’re excited to be teaming up with St Kilda, a high profile AFL Club that will provide significant national exposure for our brands.”

“With the AFL attracting 97 million TV viewers annually and The Saints achieving a match day attendance of over one million per season, this partnership presents an exciting opportunity to tap into a new fan base.”

“St Kilda is widely respected, and this respect extends beyond the sporting community. Furthermore, our ‘customer for life’ philosophy has a solid fit with the Club’s ‘supporter for life’ values.”

“The Club’s highly engaged business connections, passionate supporters and powerful national reach holds great appeal for us.”

MORE - http://www.saints.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/5315/newsid/134729/default.aspx

Mortgage Choice, Australia’s largest independently-operated mortgage broker, and its comparison website HelpMeChoose.com.au, are thrilled to announce a two-year Premier Partnership agreement with the St Kilda Football Club (‘The Saints’).

Mortgage Choice Chief Executive Officer Michael Russell said, “We’re excited to be teaming up with St Kilda, a high profile AFL Club that will provide significant national exposure for our brands.”

“With the AFL attracting 97 million TV viewers annually and The Saints achieving a match day attendance of over one million per season, this partnership presents an exciting opportunity to tap into a new fan base.”

“St Kilda is widely respected, and this respect extends beyond the sporting community. Furthermore, our ‘customer for life’ philosophy has a solid fit with the Club’s ‘supporter for life’ values.”

“The Club’s highly engaged business connections, passionate supporters and powerful national reach holds great appeal for us.”

MORE - http://www.saints.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/5315/newsid/134729/default.aspx

Bonus 1% rate cut for all members who use their services?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back