Southern FL Div One 2012

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good win by Dingley. Seen St Pauls had a few blokes out, but after Dingley's last few weeks would have still expected the dogs to win.

Also good win by Chelt, thought it would be closer than the score shows. The big test will be the next to weeks for the Chelt boys to beat some top teams.

I hear Chelt may have a new recruit or two on the way. Is one of them from Cohuna?

Are you hinting at Brett Collins? He has started the year pretty well in a team that is going well so would be surprised if he moved on now. Having said that he did tell me last year that there is no way he'd be at Cohuna this season so who knows

Are you hinting at Brett Collins? He has started the year pretty well in a team that is going well so would be surprised if he moved on now. Having said that he did tell me last year that there is no way he'd be at Cohuna this season so who knows

I believe he may have upset his coach Wayne Carey style

Mordialloc vs Dingley By plenty
East Brighton vs Chelsea Heights By a goal
St Pauls vs Clayton Assuming St. Pauls have some players back, 5 goals. But if they don't, an upset wouldn't surprise me.
St Kilda City vs Cheltenham Another one where it would be good to know if they have players in or not. Poyas & Quinn? 5 goals I guess.
Heatherton vs Highett Chaffey or not, 5 goals.

Tips for June 2nd
Mordialloc vs Dingley x5G Ben Kavanagh Reserve*A easy win for Dingley
East Brighton x4G vs Chelsea Heights Hurlingham Reserve This is going to be a great battle with both sides having players missing and Chelsea beating EB last time they meet at Hurlingham Park. :thumbsu:
St Pauls x2G vs Clayton McKinnon Reserve* This could go either way with the player's St Pauls have out, but I feel they will bounce back from there loss last week
St Kilda City vs Cheltenham x 4G Peanut Farm Reserve* Chelt will show they are a contender this year, and too many changes to the City's team
Heatherton vs Highett x1G Ross Street Reserve* This is going to be a great battle down at Ross Street if Heatherton loss this one, they might be heading back to D2

Goodluck to all

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Mordialloc vs Dingley By 5 goals
East Brighton vs Chelsea Heights By 5 goals
St Pauls vs Clayton By 2 goals.
Heatherton vs Highett By 2 goals.

Mordialloc's season isn't going to get any better but Dingley are so inconsistent there may be a surprise. The Dingoes by 18 points
Game of the round East Brighton vs Chelsea Heights. Chelsea have been good all year but it's hard to go past the Vampires. EB by 12 points
StPauls will be annoyed after dropping the game last week, still have a few missing but will get over an improving Clayton. StP by 20 points
A very important game for both Heatherton and Highett. Loser is looking close at D2 next year. Baptism of fire for Nick Jewell. I think they have more to play for as a loss would make them favourite for demotion. The Tonners by 3 points only because its at the market garden.
StKIlda City will have their work cut out against a rampaging Cheltenham. The Rosella's forward strike power will be too much for the Saints defence even at the farm. Chelt by 30 points

No truth to the rumour at all folks...
Collo has been training with us since the start of the year but is 0% chance of playing for us this year.
He is committed to Cohuna and from what I read, is playing good footy in a so far successful team.

Cheers SF.My mail is wrong if that is the case.anyway I think you will knock off city tomorrow

Each round throws up some interesting matches but I believe this round could be defining for a few teams....all games are fairly even with the chance of the underdog getting up. Sitting on 33/35 so far after round 7, so going to stick with the favourites but without true conviction.
Tips for Round 8:
Dingley- great win last week and probably the 1 certainty this week.

East Brighton- both teams with some injuries. Smith and Mouritz out for CH will hurt their structures more than the couple EB have out.

St Pauls- At home you have to go with the Doggies on their wide spaces, but with a few injuries and the Clays not wanting to drop another game it'll be closer than many think.

Cheltenham- All really depends on who City have in and a quick look shows no Quinn, Bruno or Poyas. I like the look of Chelt....they were good against us. I have a sneaky feeling they may make the top 3.

Highett- Stronger depth probably the difference here. Heatherton desperately need a win otherwise it could be back to Div 2. Be a goal or 2 either way.

Good luck and enjoy the week off next week- good time for a few teams to recover some injuries.

Word is Greg Stafford (ex Rich, Swans) to Heatherton. Another big signing for the Tunners if it is true.

Might help them avoid relegation, but since when is recruiting 38 year olds the answer. Good luck to them tho, they are certainly having a dip.

The glory days are gone for Mordy. The Dingoes know very well what they are going through, it is not too far in the past that we had the same issues. Good, strong management and promoting kids is the only answer. Splashing the cash is short term thinking!!!

On a non-football related matter, whoever had the idea to open a mobile Grill'd burgers bar at St Kilda City is a deadset genius. Best $8 I have spent at the footy in a long time (yep, better than the $10 for parking!)

Have overtaken Springy and Clayton for the best burger in the SFL and have set the bar ridiculously high. :thumbsu:

2:10*pm Cheltenham x1G vs St Pauls Jack Barker Oval This is the game of the round and all depends on what players St Paul will still have out. But Chelt are the big improvers this year and are a true contender for the flag, so will be a top game to see
This is the game on 88.3fm today june16th

2:00*pm Clayton x12G vs Mordialloc Meade Reserve*Mordy not looking good and are fav's to be going back to D2
2:00*pm Highett vs St Kilda City x4G Turner Road Reserve*City still have to much class
2:00*pm Chelsea Heights x6G vs Heatherton Beazley Reserve*Great pick ups for Heatherton and is the way to go. To have a few bigger bodies around the ground and show the young blokes what to do (also good for SFL footy)
2:20*pm Dingley vs East Brighton x8G Souter Oval*Dingley have had some big wins against the lower sides and beat a undermanned St Pauls, so this is there big test to see if they have improved or not :D

So enjoy the week off (I know I will)

On a non-football related matter, whoever had the idea to open a mobile Grill'd burgers bar at St Kilda City is a deadset genius. Best $8 I have spent at the footy in a long time (yep, better than the $10 for parking!)

Have overtaken Springy and Clayton for the best burger in the SFL and have set the bar ridiculously high. :thumbsu:

Good coz the piece of meat in two bits of bread that they called a burger and charged $ 3.50 for on sat was crap...

2:00*PM Cheltenham x1G vs St Pauls Jack Barker Oval This is the game of the round and all depends on what players St Paul will still have out. But Chelt are the big improvers this year and are a true contender for the flag, so will be a top game to see
2:00*PM Clayton x12G vs Mordialloc Meade Reserve*Mordy not looking good and are fav's to be going back to D2
2:00*PM Highett vs St Kilda City x4G Turner Road Reserve*City still have to much class
2:30*PM Chelsea Heights x6G vs Heatherton Beazley Reserve*Great pick ups for Heatherton and is the way to go. To have a few bigger bodies around the ground and show the young blokes what to do (also good for SFL footy)
2:30*PM Dingley vs East Brighton x8G Souter Oval*Dingley have had some big wins against the lower sides and beat a undermanned St Pauls, so this is there big test to see if they have improved or not :D

So enjoy the week off (I know I will)
This new Big Footy format is rubbish, too hard to navigate!
Tips for next week

Cheltenham at home will hand the Doggies their third straight loss, cannot remember when that last happened. The Rosella's are up and about and although just got over the line against a depleted Stkilda City might have struck StPauls at an ideal time.

The Bloods have hit rock bottom and the only way is up. To go through an entire game without kicking a goal last week must have been devastating for the Mordi faithful and players alike. They need to pick themselves up off the deck but Clayton are sniffing finals and will get the points.

Chelsea Heights got the Hurlingham voodoo with injuries again last week but even with the recent Heatherton signings will be too strong for for the Tonners at Thames Promenade. I wonder whether the Heighters will have a parade along the Thames for the Diamond Jubilee. Very good team down there at Chelsea Heights with plenty of depth.

Highett will give a good account of themselves at Turner Road. The Saints have a few missing and this might give the Dogs a sniff. An upset is possible but you'd have to stick with the Saints. Small ground and a lot of stoppages give Highett a slim chance. Saints by a couple!

Which Dingley will turn up at the Souter oval? Predicting an even first half but East Brighton have done little wrong so far and have a well balanced and skillful team. Expect the Vampires to pull away after half time and go to the turn 9-zip

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back