Bondi
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Da Bulls
good community in here appreciating Uk dramas at the moment

Don Drapers idea to get a thread started

heres a couple

Luther is a gripping psychological thriller driven by a brilliant and emotionally impulsive detective. A self-destructive near-genius, Luther might just be as dangerous as the depraved criminals he hunts.

10 episode over 2 seasons

Top Boy – Four-part drama series set in and around the East London Summerhouse Estate following the intertwined lives of some of the young residents caught up in the choices and consequences that are forced upon them by poverty, greed, drugs and gang culture. Best thing since The Wire

Told entirely from their perspective, Inside Men is the story of three employees of a security depot who plan and execute a multi-million pound cash heist

4 episodes

The Shadow Line is about a murder investigated by both sides of the line – police and criminals – and the opposing methods they use to solve it. But the real line is the morality within each character and how far they will go before they cross it.

7 episodes

Sherlock Holmes dude

6 episodes

add more when you find em (go hawks and a few others, looking at you), or talk about these

Top Boy was Top Notch (I like how they've left it open for a further series).

Watched the first ep of Shadow Line, just didnae grab me.

Having read the books, I adored "The Red Riding Trilogy"

[YOUTUBE]Nx5rqw9tXB8[/YOUTUBE]

"To the North, where we do what we want"

Grizzlym was talking about this one before, Tom Hardy is an absolute freak in this

[YOUTUBE]T3usc2h46gg[/YOUTUBE]

Set in the East End of London, The Take is a gripping family drama set in the criminal underworld spanning 10 years from the height of Thatcherism to the birth of New Labour.

Grizzlym was talking about this one before, Tom Hardy is an absolute freak in this

[YOUTUBE]T3usc2h46gg[/YOUTUBE]

Set in the East End of London, The Take is a gripping family drama set in the criminal underworld spanning 10 years from the height of Thatcherism to the birth of New Labour.

Yes an awesome series. Really enjoyed it.

Last thing I need in the run-up to exams, but just started downloading 'The Shadow Line' and 'Luther'.

Hopefully Luther it's better than Dexter, which is pretty crap imo.

Watched luther a while ago when I found out stringer bell was in it and thought it was great. Just watched inside men and loved it, and two eps into the shadow line and it's looking quite good too.

Love the fact that they will make short series which are top quality, without stretching them out or expecting to make more seasons. Will watch top boy when I finish shadow line.

Watched luther a while ago when I found out stringer bell was in it and thought it was great. Just watched inside men and loved it, and two eps into the shadow line and it's looking quite good too.

Love the fact that they will make short series which are top quality, without stretching them out or expecting to make more seasons. Will watch top boy when I finish shadow line.

For fans of Stinger Bell, Watch a film called 'Takers'.....fairly solid crime flick.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Any seen the wire in the blood? nothing like the wire.

Wire in the blood is awesome. Robson Green is awesome in it.

[YOUTUBE]uJZmTGqnI_I[/YOUTUBE]

FYI - this is his fishing show not wire in the blood. His fishing show is also awesome.

I can recommend wire in the blood...although I have forgotten about it and need to catch up on a few season I remember watching the 1st season when I was 10 or 11 (when it first came out) and absolutely loving it!

Yeah wire in the blood is great, well the earlier seasons more so than the latter, but still an enjoyable series imo.

Another reasonable one was Exile, probably not strictly cop show, but its a journalist who heads back to his home town in disgrace digging into his father's (who has Alzheimers) past

[YOUTUBE]oYAyBkdkXI8[/YOUTUBE]

Shadow Line was brilliant as well

Has anyone watched Whitechapel? I grabbed a few episodes a while back and never got round to watching it, just wondering if anyone had any opinion one way or the other.

There's also Spooks, the first 6 or so series were pretty good but I lost interest after that

Whitechapel is alright but theres one character that kinda wrecks it one jolly old gizzer.The one about jack the ripper was good if i remember rightly.

Watching inside men now I am liking this one.

Yeh the Jack the ripper ep was good.

Thanks for the suggestions.

Watched "Top Boy" recently. Reckon it's the British poor man's version of The Wire.

Thought "Luther" season 1 was outstanding.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back