Glenorchy Football Club

Remove this Banner Ad

Word in northgate is that there is about 5-6 top TSL players for the club leaving...
Jake Cox - Clarence
Few to Claremont
Few to Kingston
Hopefully Beamer can change some minds and show the people around the club that he has a plan.

Word in northgate is that there is about 5-6 top TSL players for the club leaving...
Jake Cox - Clarence
Few to Claremont
Few to Kingston
Hopefully Beamer can change some minds and show the people around the club that he has a plan.

heard there might be a few from other tsl clubs heading to kgv

[FONT=&quot]Great News for the continuing Development of KGV Oval.[/FONT]

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2012-02-...glenorchy-sports-precinct/3825348?section=tas

http://www.gcc.tas.gov.au/content/upload/KGV_Master_Plan_Final_Report_25_07_11_1901.pdf

Way back in the early 80’s the council had big plans for the redevelopment of what they were calling “Football Park” but it only got to about stage 1. Well done to all concerned

Like I said, when do the inner city grounds get a look in? York Park, Burnie, Boot Park & the new Kingston twin ovals have all had an upgrade. What about North Hobart. We have the Storm v Brisbane league match on saturday. What about an upgrade?

Like I said, when do the inner city grounds get a look in? York Park, Burnie, Boot Park & the new Kingston twin ovals have all had an upgrade. What about North Hobart. We have the Storm v Brisbane league match on saturday. What about an upgrade?

Madmug I get the feeling all that the HCC are only interested In is the upper class toff sports such as Tennis, Hockey, Athletics and Swimming
Look at the Grounds Football, Cricket and Soccer play on in the Hobart City Municipality, all infrastructure pre dates 1961 except for the Doug Plaister Stand at North Hobart which was an Insurance Job when the Letitia Street Stand burnt down in suspicious circumstances 1987.
You have the HCC council who do not give a rat’s about North Hobart there was talk of a sports precinct being based at the TCA and surrounding venues on the domain. First step was Lights do not see them up at this point in time

Madmug I get the feeling all that the HCC are only interested In is the upper class toff sports such as Tennis, Hockey, Athletics and Swimming
Look at the Grounds Football, Cricket and Soccer play on in the Hobart City Municipality, all infrastructure pre dates 1961 except for the Doug Plaister Stand at North Hobart which was an Insurance Job when the Letitia Street Stand burnt down in suspicious circumstances 1987.
You have the HCC council who do not give a rat’s about North Hobart there was talk of a sports precinct being based at the TCA and surrounding venues on the domain. First step was Lights do not see them up at this point in time

Woops apologies HCC The upgraded scoreboard was opened for use on 21 May 2011 (one upgrade in 50 years :rolleyes:)

Yes, in reading 'Muckery' the Hobart Mayor has his head stuck in the clouds. All sorts of grand plans for the city. How about some care for grass roots health sporting activity in the city? We dont all want to sip latte's & sail the river.
The HCC can sponsor footy at Boot park but do SFA for the inner city!!!
At least Glenorchy can look after their own. I am looking forward to the details of the development. That will leave the HCC as the most anti sport council in Australia.

The contract for the lights at the TCA has been awarded and the lights will be up in a few months - hopefully for Round 2 V Clarence. The Hobart Football Club are forking out $55k to to upgrade the new lights from training to playing standard lights. HFC also have approval for new coaching and media boxes above the home change rooms - but this is coming out of their pockets too.

Dont get wrong madmug, you have a lot of valid points and i agree with you, but why would the HCC spend money on a oval that is used for only 6 months of the year?? And then its only every 2nd week. The council can sit on there backsides and not have to worry about spending money cause the Clarence Council and the TCA are all for Bellerive. While the kangaroos are playing at bellerive it will continue to have work done on it, so it save the HCC money!

Dont get wrong madmug, you have a lot of valid points and i agree with you, but why would the HCC spend money on a oval that is used for only 6 months of the year?? And then its only every 2nd week. The council can sit on there backsides and not have to worry about spending money cause the Clarence Council and the TCA are all for Bellerive. While the kangaroos are playing at bellerive it will continue to have work done on it, so it save the HCC money!
There is still some expectation for them to maintain/improve their current facilities, both the TCA and NHO.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Great victory by the Pies over the “Arch” enemy in the Bingley-Linton Cup game, well done to Ben Beams and the Boys a quite comfortably win in the end and one of the upsets of the season so far.

Great victory by the Pies over the “Arch” enemy in the Bingley-Linton Cup game, well done to Ben Beams and the Boys a quite comfortably win in the end and one of the upsets of the season so far.

A win to 'Norky' Certainly wasnt expected. The Pressure is right on Clarence now. If they lose to Burnie next week then they can kiss goodbye to getting the Grandfinal on their home ground. Probably be the 2nd year in a row having the GF at Launy.
I wonder if the SFL will get the biggest GF crowd in the state again this season?

A win to 'Norky' Certainly wasnt expected. The Pressure is right on Clarence now. If they lose to Burnie next week then they can kiss goodbye to getting the Grandfinal on their home ground. Probably be the 2nd year in a row having the GF at Launy.
I wonder if the SFL will get the biggest GF crowd in the state again this season?
Bellerive will be out of action from early August onwards therefore if there is a GF in the south it will be at North Hobart.However AFL Tas in there wisdom have said this will only occur if there are 2 southern teams in the GF.So therefore if Clarence say won the second semi & went straight into the GF & Burnie then won the Prelimanary the GF would be played at Aurora!

In todays Mercury
Cam Mooney playing 4 the pies, dont think it will be as big as Aker or Fev.

who knows, how about playing some of your juniors instead of a wash up player who was good in a great team.

http://www.themercury.com.au/article/2012/06/21/338861_afl.html

Seems to be the trend now to bring in a retiree to play. I dont mind seeing them as the league is full of lots of skinny kids, very few characters in the game like we use to see.
We use to get some VFL coaches, now we pay them to play a game or two.
It probably tells us the clubs arent making anything out of playing football. They probably have to put on some sort of show to bring the punters in.
Being a night game it is probably worth a punt.

Personal I hope if it make the club some coin out of the exercise they can put that money into Junior Development. Seem the only way ex AFL players will appear is in cameo performances these days.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back