PC World of Warcraft - Including Classic

Remove this Banner Ad

Played it for 5 years across 2 servers (last being Caelstratz sp?) but stopped about 9 months ago after the watered down crap that was Cataclysm.

Moved over to Rift (which is great BTW) and played that for 2/3 months before being "over" MMOs for now.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

donald-gibb-ogre-revenge-of-the-nerds.jpg

Anyone still playing this game? I recently got back into this game and having a blast of a time.

I am in Dreadmaul (PVP) if anyone is interested.

And anyone excited for the expansion Mist of Pandaria?

Anyone still playing this game? I recently got back into this game and having a blast of a time.

I am in Dreadmaul (PVP) if anyone is interested.

And anyone excited for the expansion Mist of Pandaria?

No.

No.

EXTREME NO.

I was a huge WoW addict from 2006 - 2010 (and a bit in 2011 after Cata)... but it has jumped the shark big time. Raiders who've invested huge time sinks into the game, millions of Chinese and kids still play it though, so numbers will remain strong for a while yet (probably until their next MMO), but Blizzard have really dumbed it down and most gamers left it ages ago.

IMO MoP is the most un-inspiring expansion they've ever released. I picked up a copy of PC Gamer on the weekend (actually for the Guild Wars 2 article) and there was a MoP article in there. From 2006-2010 I would read any WoW article I stumbled across in magazines etc (used to buy the Beckett MMO Gamer mag), but it dawned on me as I reached that MoP article... "I have no interest in this whatsoever"... and it I flicked right past it without a 2nd though. I didn't even read the opening paragraph.:oops:

Look WoW was a great game and is very familiar... but I'm done with it.

Was a great game, went downhill after after BC. Played and beat all of wrath and was beating cata with ease up until the point I quit. Just got far to easy, complete idiots could have the same gear I worked hard to get. Was no satisfaction in that game anymore.

Used to play, and have been recently thinking of starting up again since my brother just got back into it as well. Had a shot with the character I had on his account (lvl 80 belf ret pally), and I didn't know wtf was going on :p So I just played around on all my mounts, seeing which one was the coolest (decided on white war talbuk, although I still love Hawkstriders).

I doubt I'll start playing again though. It would be easier starting from the start rather than picking up a lvl 80, but I just don't think I can be bothered, especially with the cost. I have a bad feeling I'll eventually cave in though.

Was a great game, went downhill after after BC.

This.

End of BC was awesome, loved raiding BT on my Enh Shaman, couldn't hold onto key raiders for Sunwell though. Stayed for some of Wrath, finished Ulduar and was into getting the Ulduar Achievements, damn Firefighter was a pain, never got it. Stopped raiding when that tournament crap came out, played occasionally until Cata but lost interest when I finished uni and started full time work.

I don't think I could go back.

I just got back into it, after a year or so away. I have an 85 warrior in Khaz'goroth, which I can't do much with. I'm leveling a hunter in Saurfang now, and enjoying it again.

I work solo, mostly because I'm a grumpy old man.

I work solo too, although I dipped my toe back into the dungeon finder waters the other day, and the party duly fell apart on the last boss, which duly reminded me why i tend to avoid it. problem with that is that i ended up missing out on much of the game.

Recently just moved my guild to Thaurissan. If anyone wants a social guild to join whisper someone from <Ministry of Offence>. Can't really offer any raid spots currently though.

Macjoe if you can afford it I'd recommend d getting away from khazgoroth, played on it for three years and it's basically a dead server now. All the major guilds have migrated now due to how poor it is. Terrible economy, terrible player base etc. The move to thaurissan was the best decision we ever made. So easy to pug stuff too.

Also the panda hate is pretty amusing to be honest. Ive been playing the beta and it's gone back to a much more BC feel, it shits all over cata and wrath so far. The bosses feel new and interesting although some abilities are reworked from old bosses. There's plenty of content for non raiders. And if it's left as is the raiding content is fairly difficult. Look past the "lolmg so childish" opinion before judging, because a lot of people have changed their tune pretty quick playing the beta.

Of course, theres what, 7 alliance on thaurissan :D hehe

That was quick, I deleted my original post with the intention of quoting yours. -_-

And I think five of those seven alliance are mine. I chose Thaurissan to see how the other half live, ironically.

That was quick, I deleted my original post with the intention of quoting yours. -_-

And I think five of those seven alliance are mine. I chose Thaurissan to see how the other half live, ironically.

Yeah, according to WoWProgress the Horde:Alliance ratio is about 1:0.5

i.e 95% of the server is Horde (of 21k or so)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back