Brad Crouch

Remove this Banner Ad

People are mentioning that knights may slow our already slow team down.. What is brad crouch's speed like? Because if he is another slower inside mid don't we have enough?
Definitely not slow but not as lightning-quick as someone like Dangerfield.

Any idea what pick he would be expected to go roughly ATM if he was still being drafted?
It varies depending depending on who you ask.Everyone has him as a top 10 talent with most believing him as a top 5 player and others thinking of him as a top 7 player. I personally would rate him as the 5th best prospect if he was in the draft this year. Also, several recruiters believe him to one of the safest prospects (i.e. most likely to reach their potential) to come out of the draft in the last 2 years. However, we won't know until he starts playing as to how he will cope at the next level so we should all (myself included) keep our lofty expectations of him in check for the time being.

It varies depending depending on who you ask.Everyone has him as a top 10 talent with most believing him as a top 5 player and others thinking of him as a top 7 player. I personally would rate him as the 5th best prospect if he was in the draft this year. Also, several recruiters believe him to one of the safest prospects (i.e. most likely to reach their potential) to come out of the draft in the last 2 years. However, we won't know until he starts playing as to how he will cope at the next level so we should all (myself included) keep our lofty expectations of him in check for the time being.

Alright thanks. And is he still injured? Haven't heard much about him lately.. What was his injury and how serious?

I haven't seen him play for West Adelaide, have you?

Could you make a comparison between his season with West Adelaide and Jimmy Toumpas from WWT? who is tipped to go top 3

Jimmy Toumpas is having a good season but nothing outstanding. Jimmy has played 5 or 6 games and is averaging about 15 or 16 possessions a game playing between wing and half forward and like Crouch, he's missed a large chunk of it with a hip injury.

I did notice Crouch get 20 possessions last round for WA, so think they would be on par.

Alright thanks. And is he still injured? Haven't heard much about him lately.. What was his injury and how serious?
Not injured anymore. He suffered broken leg last year which he seems to have made a full recovery from and he has a also successfully returned from his recent period away with a hamstring.

Could you make a comparison between his season with West Adelaide and Jimmy Toumpas from WWT? who is tipped to go top 3

Jimmy Toumpas is having a good season but nothing outstanding. Jimmy has played 5 or 6 games and is averaging about 15 or 16 possessions a game playing between wing and half forward and like Crouch, he's missed a large chunk of it with a hip injury.

I did notice Crouch get 20 possessions last round for WA, so think they would be on par.

Side note: I think we should probably take this discussion to another thread. Mods could you fix this up?

Due to factors outside my control I only saw him play 1 game last year (live) and 1 this year (recorded). So I can't give you recruiting level insight but I will do my best.

In regard to Toumpas, I think Crouch is a better all around talent (at this stage) and more a AFL-ready prospect. Much better as an inside player than Toumpas is but can also has the spread the ball outside the play. Toumpas is probably more productive when he goes up forward though. Couch's off-the-ball work around stoppages is also a major feature, he outworks his direct opponent and out-competes them with his desire for the ball. He is a winner (much like Callinan) and seems to be fitting well into the club.

I guarantee that Toumpas will not go top 3. Having said that he is still a top level talent whom is likely to be picked early in the draft (most likely inside the top 10). His recent injury issues will do his draft stock no favours though.

I saw him a few times before he got injured. He mentioned he found it hard to adjust to the style initially, said the SANFL was very different to the u/18's and the afl preseason a totally unique style of footy. He was very good the couple of weeks pre injury. Great clearance player has more time and awareness than others in a pack. Brilliant handballer wouldn't call him a great kick yet but not a bad kick.

From what i have seen of Toumpas he is more outside ie Scott Camporeale. While Crouch is more Joel Selwood. Not saying either will reach those lofty highs but both look good prospects.

When Crouch hits his straps in a year or 2 we will have a fearsome midfield. Thompson, Sloane, Danger, Crouch. Lookout!

I agree with your assessment that Jimmy Toumpas will be an outsider receiver (not that there is anything wrong with that) and won't get past Port Adelaide at pick 4 or 5.

Regarding your last line - By the time Brad Crouch is hitting his straps Scott Thompson will be nearly finished. Add 2 years on from pre season and I can not see Scott Thompson will be the same sort of player. But we will have a very able replacement ready to go.

I agree with your assessment that Jimmy Toumpas will be an outsider receiver (not that there is anything wrong with that) and won't get past Port Adelaide at pick 4 or 5.

Regarding your last line - By the time Brad Crouch is hitting his straps Scott Thompson will be nearly finished. Add 2 years on from pre season and I can not see Scott Thompson will be the same sort of player. But we will have a very able replacement ready to go.

Yeah agreed. Hopefully Crouch can have a Selwood like first season and they can tear it up together. He will of had 2 afl preseaons and a year with Westies (including finals) so he should be ready to go.

To answer the OP not slow.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Interested to hear your top 5 if you dont mind...And if you have an indication of where most the well known SA boys could go.. Cheers

If you read the draft and trading board some rate Crouch a 2-5 pick. Others 3-7, 5-10 so as usual in drafting everyone has a different opinion, but he's certainly in top 10

Interested to hear your top 5 if you dont mind...And if you have an indication of where most the well known SA boys could go.. Cheers
My Top 5 (with JOM and Crouch).
1. Lachie Whifield
2. Jaeger O’Meara
3. Jake Stringer
4. Brodie Grundy
5. Brad Crouch

I wouldn't feel comfortable giving too much insight into the SA boys until the champs are over at the very least. Even then the combine usually shakes things up later in the year. Having said that the main ones that seem likely to go towards the top end of the draft (first 2 rounds) at this stage are: Brodie Grundy, Emmanuel Irra, Ben Kennedy, Sam Mayes, Jimmy Toumpas, Also keep an eye out for possible draft bolters like Mason Middleton and Brodie Murdoch later in the year. You should check in on the D&T Board if you want know more. Chris25 runs a pretty good thread on the up-and-coming SA prospects: http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/threads/2012-south-australian-draft-prospects.907862/

From the little I've seen of Brodie Grundy, he's going to be a gun. Some of his tap work against WA the other day was amazing, and his mobility for a big man is equally amazing. Think pre-injury Kreuzer but a better ruckman.

As for Crouch, let's put it this way. He'd be long, long gone by our pick were he in this years draft. Had 24 disposals with 9 clearances in his second game of SANFL footy and another decent game the next week before injuring himself in his 4th match. He picked up 20 disposals and 8 tackles in his first league SANFL game back from injury last weekend.

I haven't seen him play yet, but I'm planning on heading to a Westies game when they don't clash with the Crows. From what I've read though, he's a great inside player who is also capable of playing outside.

1. Lachie Whifield
2. Jaeger O’Meara
3. Jake Stringer
4. Brodie Grundy
5. Brad Crouch

I wouldn't feel comfortable giving too much insight into the SA boys until the champs are over at the very least. Even then the combine usually shakes things up later in the year. Having said that the main ones that seem likely to go towards the top end of the draft (first 2 rounds) at this stage are: Brodie Grundy, Emmanuel Irra, Ben Kennedy, Sam Mayes, Jimmy Toumpas, Also keep an eye out for possible draft bolters like Mason Middleton and Brodie Murdoch later in the year. You should check in on the D&T Board if you want know more. Chris25 runs a pretty good thread on the up-and-coming SA prospects: http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/threads/2012-south-australian-draft-prospects.907862/

Jaeger O'Meara is already on the GC suns list. Same as we got Crouch.

Given who is looking at having the picks, Crouch may have not gone top 5-7. The Suns are looking like finishing bottom and taking Whitfield on the basis of best player available, NOT addressing a key need. They already have a couple ruckman and probably wouldn't take another one in Grundy. GWS next - Sheedy has said they'd be looking at getting a ruckman and Grundy is the obvious choice. Melbourne is next and they will probably take Viney (Viney would be good at the Suns, so I imagine the Suns would make a bid) with their first pick and I doubt they would've taken Crouch, another inside midfielder, with the other pick. Either the Bulldogs or Port will finish as the next bottom team and the Dogs already have a lot of inside midfielders and Port would look at taking Toumpas or Garlett if Toumpas was already picked. That's the first 6 picks of the draft.

How would Crouch's season (apart from injury) compare to that of Toumpas and in previous seasons Trengoves playing underage at the SANFL level?

1. Lachie Whifield
2. Jaeger O’Meara
3. Jake Stringer
4. Brodie Grundy
5. Brad Crouch

No Viney?

toumpas is faster but crouch is bigger and stronger. toumpas probably more silky skilled but crouch will put his head over the ball every time and try to burst through packs. he is a lot like dangerfield, just not as fast, but probably with better disposal. every game i've seen him in he's impressed me more and more. great to come back from a pretty serious injury, play one week in the ressies and then get 20 touches, 8 tackles and 4 clearances.

but yeah, he's not lightning fast but fast enough, sticks his head over the ball and enjoys the hard stuff. his body is already an afl ready body.

252737_10151017633100909_886855656_n.jpg

there he is in all his glory.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back