News New Western Bulldogs logo?

Remove this Banner Ad

The club has just tweeted this about the rumours of the change.

Western Bulldogs@westernbulldogs
A couple of quick things in response to the growing speculation and rumours surrounding a change in logo...#godogs#westernfront

Following the move to the ‘hoops’ guernsey we've been exploring further re-branding opportunities in line with our 5 year strategy#godogs

No decisions have been made around our future branding directions. We'll keep all Bulldogs Members and Fans informed of any changes.#godogs

Don't mind it to much but yeah it does look like a Cricket Australia shield. Good to see them change it though. Now only Essendon and Port to go to get rid of their ugly logos.

And St Kilda, Sydney and Collingwood to go.

Essendon's is ridiculously stale and needs to go.

Reeks of smokescreen.

Remember Richmond last year?

Strict denial of the then new Tigers logo and what happened?

Same is happening now.
Could be, and is probably likely. I think they'll definitely change it, and it will end up pretty similar to the one that's been suggested here. Might be a few changes to it though.

I wouldn't exactly call Geelong's and Freo's logos a shield.

I would call Freo's an anchor monogram if that makes sense.
Really? I'd call it a monogram on a shield!
Fremantle-logo-2011.gif

Geelong-logo-2008.gif

Just for kicks, can someone please, with the font that the new logo's in, photoshop the name Footscray in place of Western?

Cheers.
VJyls.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

And St Kilda, Sydney and Collingwood to go.

Essendon's is ridiculously stale and needs to go.
St Kilda have a nice heritage with their crest. It's not awfully modern looking, with the lines very thin and early 2000s. But it's got some charm and personality, and it's undeniably Saints. The Collingwood one is the same; it's not even that old, but it seems like it. Sydney's is an awesome combination of heritage (the deep V) and modernity (Swan, Opera House).

If ain't broke...
Reeks of smokescreen.

Remember Richmond last year?

Strict denial of the then new Tigers logo and what happened?

Same is happening now.
To be honest, the Bulldogs didn't really deny it, let alone vehemently. They acknowledged the rumours without actually saying "yeah, this is the new one." And if anything, they're basically saying that there's going to be a new logo – likely this one. The thing that interests me is the five year plan. Is this five years on field, off field, or both? Is it about finals footy in five, or 'Footscray Football Club' in five?

First, it was North Melbourne.

Then it was Hawthorn, Melbourne and Richmond.

And now it's Footscray.

Watch the shield be brought back.
North are probably going to start demanding that they get more logo prominence because they invented the shield. Just like they invented Friday nights.

Add another leg/paw, dog looks weird with only 2 legs. Change 'since' to 'Est.' and make the dog look a bit more scary/vicious. Changing the name back to Footscray would be amazing aswell.

Clubs need to stop changing their logos.

I know this is very overused around these parts, but if it ain't broke, don't fix it, and apart from maybe Adelaide, all the logos are perfectly fine as they are.

Clubs need to stop changing their logos.

I know this is very overused around these parts, but if it ain't broke, don't fix it, and apart from maybe Adelaide, all the logos are perfectly fine as they are.
It's part of the AFL marketing plan.
They will continue to update and change AFL Intellectual Property for the purposes of increasing revenues through increased merchandise sales.
Works with jumpers, works with logos.
Why do you think almost every jumper changes, even just slightly, every two years?
Sponsors, apparel sponsors, slight changes in design. All of this is planned so people buy more jumpers.
If a team has a great logo, it's going to good for about 10 years.
Then it will change.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back