Kntfl

Remove this Banner Ad

Why did frances merge with goroke considering kyby is basically on your door step. It seems more practical since your players are mostly from the same region. My thinking is that this might be part of the recommendations from the review.

Why did frances merge with goroke considering kyby is basically on your door step. It seems more practical since your players are mostly from the same region. My thinking is that this might be part of the recommendations from the review.

I'm not a long-standing Borders person, but my take is that if Frances
merged with Kyby at that point in 1999, it would be more like Kyby absorbing Frances. Goroke were struggling too so we merged to the benefit of both.

Big rivalry between Borders and Kyby, too.

Kyby's big rival is Naracoorte. Not sure Borders would be a big rival?

We play against Kyby for a cup (can't remember the name, It was my first game vs them, but we won it earlier this year) and they are closest to us via proximity), so yes it is a rivalry between us.

I believe Borders are the traditional rivals and Naracoorte have been more recently, but I only say this cos some older family members act like Borders are our main rivals

Borders season looking shitter and shitter. Heartbreaking stuff.

But big story from yesterday is the Kingston vs Penola game being called off in the third. A Penola player allegedly belted a Kingston player behind play who didn't get up. Match was stopped for 45 minutes while waiting for an ambulance then was called off.

Points to Penola and you'd be filthy if you were a Kingston person.

But big story from yesterday is the Kingston vs Penola game being called off in the third. A Penola player allegedly belted a Kingston player behind play who didn't get up. Match was stopped for 45 minutes while waiting for an ambulance then was called off.

What was the fallout from this?

On the field- amazing feat in the Lucindale vs Borders game on the weekend.

Two players racked up ten goals- Travis Ware for Lucindale and Clint Barras for Borders.

Barras finished with 10.5.

Who would you say the favourites are at this stage ManOfClay?

Its great to see some different teams at the top of the ladder

Who would you say the favourites are at this stage ManOfClay?

Its great to see some different teams at the top of the ladder

Not Borders :(

Top few are more or less settled now- I'm yet to see Kaniva-Leeor play (We've got them this weekend so I'll be able to get a proper first hand judge on them).

It's pretty even though. Anyone of Keith/Bordertown/Padthaway/K-L can win it. Further back Mundulla and Lucindale will battle out for the last place in the 5. The rest are too far back.

Of the teams we've played, Keith and Bordertown looked the strongest. Padthaway were good but the other two were better. Yet they beat Bordertown and only lost to Keith by one iirc
Keith also dropped a game to Kyby in round one, which was more or less expected at that point in time.

I'm still sitting on the fence on this one.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

And now an assault charge to boot.

In other news- a serious injury to a young Kingston bloke. I think everyone associated with football in the region wishes him and his family the best. Freak accident, no-one to blame. From all reports the other player involved is distraught and receiving counselling.

Theres a copy of the vcfl review circulating around the media claiming the western border has disbanded. The report claims that naracoorte, penola and pt macdonnell will compete against the mount teams and millicent. Im having trouble believing this report......has anyone heard anything???

That would be interesting. The KNTFL (in its wisdom) built its headquarters at the Naracoorte oval!

More info on the report.

http://www.weeklytimesnow.com.au/article/2012/07/24/514635_sport-news.html

While the initial report is yet to be seen by the media, The Weekly Times understands that it suggests that Western Border league clubs Hamilton Imperials and Hamilton FNC should merge and join the Hampden league.

There's going to be a jumper clash between pt mac, naracoorte and probably west gambier. 3 clubs are called the demons. Also the option of top mid se or kntfl side to join the league - rotate on a annual basis.

That would be interesting. The KNTFL (in its wisdom) built its headquarters at the Naracoorte oval!

More info on the report.

http://www.weeklytimesnow.com.au/article/2012/07/24/514635_sport-news.html

While the initial report is yet to be seen by the media, The Weekly Times understands that it suggests that Western Border league clubs Hamilton Imperials and Hamilton FNC should merge and join the Hampden league.

The report came across my desk this morning. Will be a bit of light bedtime reading.

Investigate the possibilty of restructuring the kntfl into divisions based around population base clubs and community based clubs. This is in the border review....anyone know what they're talking about?
My best guess is theyre going to run a duvisional comp between the remainding clubs in the kntfl and mid se.
Population based clubs - division 1, community based clubs - division 2 ??????

Investigate the possibilty of restructuring the kntfl into divisions based around population base clubs and community based clubs. This is in the border review....anyone know what they're talking about?
My best guess is theyre going to run a duvisional comp between the remainding clubs in the kntfl and mid se.
Population based clubs - division 1, community based clubs - division 2 ??????

Yep no idea how they'd structure it. The review really only focused on the WBFL and made passing mention to the KNT and MSE.

Back on field and Borders have a win :)

What's Naracoorte and Penolas response to potentially joining a new league? Positive...negative??? Theres been nothing in the media

Is an article in today's Naracoorte Herald (not mine).

Naracoorte's president isn't happy but did not wish to go on record. His submission to the SACFL appears to be an eloquent re-wording of "Go and get ****ed".

No comment from Penola.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back