Brett Kirk's cringeworthy intro.

Remove this Banner Ad

Grizzly_82

Premiership Player
Feb 9, 2010
Darwin
AFL Club
Geelong
LOL WTF WAS THAT INTRO!?!? I HAVE NO WORDS TO DESCRIBE THAT. Seriously what in gods name was that, I feel like spewing up
I cringed so hard when I saw that live....was very surprised that script was approved .

Great player but he is terrible on TV.

lock33

Club Legend
Oct 15, 2011
AFL Club
Sydney
LOL yeah it was ordinary, he tried to sound like David Atenborough doing a doco . He should just speak normally, or does he always speak like that?

LOL yeah it was ordinary, he tried to sound like David Atenborough doing a doco . He should just speak normally, or does he always speak like that?

Sounds fine in interviews just not sure what goes on in his head when he commentates.

BLPC08

Premiership Player
Feb 18, 2008
A house
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Harlem Globetrotters
Biggest hippy to play the game. He's auditioning for a role in 'Hair: The Musical".

1980GFVideo

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 21, 2004
Heidelberg
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Richmond
Will join the list of admired footballers given a job in the media who failed.

Doug Hawkins...succeeded for a while before laughing madly wore thin without anything funny happening.
Paul Couch. Just used to sit there and smile.
Glenn Archer. When given a cue to say something would put on a defensive face that would be offended at anything.
Mick Maguane. Would explain what was going on in a monotone.
Peter Daicos - is he still in the media? Thought he was OK.

Always felt for big Dempsey who had something to say but his voice had been affected to badly by the bushfires.

Lenny Hayes better get his gig in the media before his already prepared job at Channel 7 is recinded.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The Passenger

The passenger, I am...
Veteran 10k Posts 30k Posts Sensible Type WCE Wings Guernsey
Mar 25, 2003

My routine is so boring. I barely make it out of the shower without thinking about the shi*t of a day coming up.

I need to get my act together.

good footballer. one of the gutsiest and ballsiest. boring bloke though. definately not someone i'd be mates with to be honest or if he was a mate he'd be one i'd be in touch with very infrequently, especially if he rammed that s**t down my throat.

My routine is so boring. I barely make it out of the shower without thinking about the shi*t of a day coming up.

I need to get my act together.

Don't feel too bad, Kirk probably has a fair bit of time in the mornings to get his routine together probably works about ten to twelve hours a week for a seven figure salary. I have to cram my yoga, meditation, and beach swim in between the two minutes I have from a shower to making toast.

Don't get me wrong though, great footballer and seems like an all round nice guy.

Mar 14, 2002
Gasometer Wing
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Kangaroos
Don't feel too bad, Kirk probably has a fair bit of time in the mornings to get his routine together probably works about ten to twelve hours a week for a seven figure salary. I have to cram my yoga, meditation, and beach swim in between the two minutes I have from a shower to making toast.

Don't get me wrong though, great footballer and seems like an all round nice guy.

You've got it easy.

I get to do the day's lunches and get my kid's uniform ready.

And then groan at Karl and Fordy's mate-mate-mate-mate routine.

nicky

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 13, 2005
Melbourne
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Crystal palace, socceroos

That's how i felt when listening to his routine.

I would love to Meditate, do yoga and swim every morning.

May 24, 2008
Sydney
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Arsenal
Has anyone read his book Braveheart: Lessons learned from life ?

Is it just as whacky as his intro ? :D
Weird book. It's a pop up book and every time you turn a page Kirk's head pops out of it and tells you to be at peace with yourself.

I'm a better person since reading it though.

Still think meditating is just a fancy word for vegetating.

Daz

Norm Smith Medallist
Jan 9, 2008
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Glenn Archer. When given a cue to say something would put on a defensive face that would be offended at anything.

Arch recently revealed that while he was on FC he wasn't following footy at all. He was reliant on a 15 minute brief from Lyon before every show :D

estibador

purple haze
Mar 2, 2007
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Liverpool, Cowboys, Packers, Scorchers
I really don't understand why he tries to memorise a script word for word before these tv appearances.

Surely his little tribute to O'Keefe would have sounded much more heartfelt if you didn't sense him robotically searching for the words he'd memorised every 10 seconds.

An imperfect but more natural sounding speech is a lot better than writing the perfect script only to sound like a Z-grade celebrity on an infomercial when you try to deliver it.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back