Harley Bennell

Remove this Banner Ad

Just popped in to say he blew me away today.
Outstanding game, was easily the overall best on ground. He'll be elite within a couple of years.
I just wish his cousin Jamie was even half as good.

Just popped in to say he blew me away today.
Outstanding game, was easily the overall best on ground. He'll be elite within a couple of years.
I just wish his cousin Jamie was even half as good.

Sorry for popping in Suns supporters, but I second this - I've been going to football matches for 11 seasons now and this is probably the best individual performance I've seen live at a football match. 38 touches, four goals... absolutely dazzling. You should be congratulated for managing to keep him when he really wanted to go home last season. He's going to be a star. :thumbsu:

Sorry for popping in Suns supporters, but I second this - I've been going to football matches for 11 seasons now and this is probably the best individual performance I've seen live at a football match. 38 touches, four goals... absolutely dazzling. You should be congratulated for managing to keep him when he really wanted to go home last season. He's going to be a star. :thumbsu:
His brother is going to be better. Watch out for him in 3 years ;)

2012 stats.

games.jpg

Harley's draft dream.

draft%20hb.png

"I found out I was going to the Gold Coast SUNS at the 2010 Draft Combine that was held in Canberra."

“I had a meeting with the Gold Coast SUNS with Scotty Clayton and Bluey and they basically told me that they were going to pick me up in one of the first three picks.

Superstardom awaits Harley Bennell.
268055-tlsnewsportrait.jpg

The Bennell package is a rare cocktail of genius and workmanship. Possesses blistering speed, ever-increasing endurance, superb ball-winning and ball-handling skills, astute decision-making skills and game sense, composure, high-quality disposal on both sides, uncanny goalsense, the ability to outrun and outplay taggers, good marking skills for his relatively light frame … etc., etc.

Coming on leaps and bounds our Harley.

The AFL's official statisticians, Champion Data, rank two of Bennell's performances last year as the greatest by a teenager in the AFL era.

He really did have some brilliant performances last year, crazy how quickly some wrote him off after his first year saying he'd go home / be a dud. How short sighted some are judging young afl talent.

Harley distraction may see Ablett run free.
on-the-radar.jpg

AFL legend Leigh Matthews believes opposition clubs may stop tagging Suns superstar Gary Ablett this season and focus on containing rising star Harley Bennell instead.

Matthews pointed to Ablett's freakish ability to rise above intense pressure from taggers to suggest clubs may let the Suns skipper roam free this season.

"Very few teams tag two players and if you are going to tag one player at the Gold Coast, it's going to be Gary Ablett," Matthews said.

"Unless they say we can't tag Gary and we might tag Harley instead.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back