Preview Essendon vs North Melbourne (12/08/12)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wells was challenged by Scott to win his own ball and he has done so by increasing his CP's but he isn't feeding it out from under the ruckmens feet, Swallow, Zeibell, Adams and Cunnington predominately do that.

Like Stanton, Wells is quite good at getting a clearance from a rucking contest, but he isn't an inside mid. He is one of our designated kickers and we aim to have the pill in his hands at the end of the chain.

I have no doubt that Wells could play the role but that's not the question.

North Melbourne are dead-set certainties this week. The bookies should have had them 1.01, and even then it'd be overs. They are the most in-form team in the competition and have had some huge wins against amazing teams. I don't see one area of the ground where we are competitive with them, let alone better than them, especially with our injuries. North should win this in a walkover. 90-100 point margin is my guess. They literally CANNOT lose.

$5000 on North Melbourne @ 1.65 (IASBet)

grampasimpson.gif

North Melbourne are dead-set certainties this week. The bookies should have had them 1.01, and even then it'd be overs. They are the most in-form team in the competition and have had some huge wins against amazing teams. I don't see one area of the ground where we are competitive with them, let alone better than them, especially with our injuries. North should win this in a walkover. 90-100 point margin is my guess. They literally CANNOT lose.

$5000 on North Melbourne @ 1.65 (IASBet)
The only reason I'm browsing through your board and this thread is the exact opposite to what you have said.

Last week you were within 2 points of knocking off Adelaide in Adelaide.

With rumors that Cramri , Ryder, Stanton and maybe a few more to return. Looking like one of your strongest best teams just about.

I'd say this is a 50/50 game if there was ever one. And Essendon value at 2.25 is the real smart mans bet.

Dont forget Kangas don't have Thomas, aswell as Zebiel still,

I hope for your sake and mine that those players do return.

Also the Kangas got beat by the Hawks by 150 just, get this 7-8 weeks ago.
You dont get brilliant overnight- they have potential by don't over estimate.:thumbsu:

I'm going because your pussy whipped,

It really baffles me that you think your no chance against the Kangas.
What is this based on, that you wont even get close.
How, or is this just being low expectations.

I hope we only play North once next year, not because I don't think we'd smash them twice, but because one of these threads is far more than enough a year.

I'm 100% serious. With the players we have out we can't be competitive. North beat us all over the field.

Grima and Thompson are excellent, AA quality defenders and will shut down Hurley, Gumbleton and/or Crameri. They have superstar midfielders in Swallow, Wells and Harvey, while we only have Jobe. They have the best ruckman in the game behind Cox in Goldstein, who will smash Bellchambers into oblivion. And of course, the in-form forward of the competition in Drew Petrie, who will make Hooker/Carlisle look silly. Plus of course Shaun "the next Judd" Atley providing their dashing run off half back. And that's without mentioning the guns that will be missing for them, including Ziebull (his real name is Jack Ziebell but he's such a beast/brute/force that I call him Ziebull instead), Lindsay "keeps his feet" Thomas and Leigh Adams. A couple of the players that helped us overcome North in Round 1 probably won't be there (Ryder, Stanton, Howlett, Zaharakis), and if they are will be underdone.

Chuck your entire bank accounts on North this week. Them losing this Sunday would be one of the biggest bungles of the season. North supporters should definetly talk themselves up, because there's literally 0% chance it will backfire on them.

Nope, North should be unbackable favourites this week. More chance of an asteroid hitting the Earth today than North Melbourne losing on Sunday. Nope, there's absolutely no way we can possibly win. North are just too good for us. Petrie to kick 10 and end our season.
Go home you high spaz, the Roos are hoplessly out of form and if this season is anything like our 2004, we'll win.

I hope we only play North once next year, not because I don't think we'd smash them twice, but because one of these threads is far more than enough a year.

So your hoping they meet in September then? :)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Also the Kangas got beat by the Hawks by 150 just, get this 7-8 weeks ago.

No, it was 115 and Buddy kicked 13. I'm sure my Bomber hosts recall what Hawthorn without Buddy did to them ...

Will be a cracking game. Both sides will treat it like a final. Just wish we didn't have to wait all frigging weekend.

Some are being pedantic in this discussion - Wells is the proto-type of an outside/insider midfielder - That is someone who can win the ball inside but has pace to scoot away from the congestion. He is probably stronger in the outside role - We need this type of player at EFC.

Good comparison.

Wells is probably stronger inside - But Zaka still needs to develop his body.

Yeah I don't know. Zaka seems a similar body type to Daniel Kerr; neither is easily knocked off the ball, both find their own ball and can accelerate away from the pack. How is Wells stronger inside? He looks smaller from memory...

These games are nearly almost fifty fifty.
We match up well on eachother.
In 09, 10, 11, 12 the most the margin has been is what a couple of goals?
We will be missing Ziebell, Thomas and Hamish but he being best 22 is a query.
You guys are missing Howlett, Zaharakis and Winderlich.
Stanton, Ryder, Crameri, Monfries, Hibberd and Myers are all on track to play?
So should make it on paper a pretty even contest.

These games are nearly almost fifty fifty.
We match up well on eachother.
In 09, 10, 11, 12 the most the margin has been is what a couple of goals?
We will be missing Ziebell, Thomas and Hamish but he being best 22 is a query.
You guys are missing Howlett, Zaharakis and Winderlich.
Stanton, Ryder, Crameri, Monfries, Hibberd and Myers are all on track to play?
So should make it on paper a pretty even contest.
I'd say it would be quite risky bringing in that many underdone players.

I'd say it would be quite risky bringing in that many underdone players.
Does anyone know what quota of games those 6 have missed?
I personally think Ryder and Stanton wont play and Crameri is touch and go. The latter 3 would be certs?

No, it was 115 and Buddy kicked 13. I'm sure my Bomber hosts recall what Hawthorn without Buddy did to them ...

Will be a cracking game. Both sides will treat it like a final. Just wish we didn't have to wait all frigging weekend.
yeah but we were missing pretty much half our team the we lost Crameri in the game and hooker before it.
What were you guys missing?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back