Club Legend
Jul 31, 2004
Darwin
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Adelaide Crows
Sorry if this has been covered in another thread;

What will happen to AAMI stadium when the Crows and Power stop playing AFL games there?

Will it be used more for SANFL football?

Will the Crows use it as a training base?

What happens to all the millions the Crows spent on 'The Shed'?

What will happen to AAMI stadium when the Crows and Power stop playing AFL games there? Renovated and downsized. At the very least, kiss the Northern Grandstand goodbye

Will it be used more for SANFL football? Yes

Will the Crows use it as a training base? Yes

What happens to all the millions the Crows spent on 'The Shed'? It remains as it's main purpose. Those who think it's there for post match drinks and nibbles with players are wrong, it's there as an indoor training facility.

Bicks

Cancelled
10k Posts
Jun 10, 2009
Victorian Central Highlands
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Panthers, GWV Rebels Beaufort Crows
Listening to Jammo and Williams on the ABC commentary there to cover Port's match today they reckon there's only 2 - 3,000 folk there at this stage so all points to another unenviable "record" for the Poower coming up re attendances.

BigLefty

Club Legend
Aug 16, 2009
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Double Blues, Seattle Supersonics
this

AAMI Stadium Draft Masterplan
Welcome to the information section on the Draft Masterplan for the AAMI Stadium redevelopment project.

http://www.sanfl.com.au/masterplan

for some reason i ca'nt open the PDF document but from memory it's a combination of open space, and medium density housing. the shed and the oval itself will remain as the training base for the crows.

So.

The Crows win a game at Adelaide Oval.

The fans and players then have to travel to 'The Shed' at AAMI Stadium to celebrate???
No. It's been said somewhere that there will be 'somewhere' at adelaide oval

So.

The Crows win a game at Adelaide Oval.

The fans and players then have to travel to 'The Shed' at AAMI Stadium to celebrate???

See Dirty Bird reply. Its mainly a indoor training facility and will remain as the official base for the AFC. It will be exactly like every other team.

Essendon train and are based at Windy Hill. North train and are based at Arden Street.

alex_is_on_fire

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts
Jul 25, 2010
Meekatharra
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Golden State Warriors NBA Champions
Yep, the Westpac centre will continue to be used for corporate functions and different things like that.

Dr Brian Sando funeral (wake) was held their Tuesday last week.

And I expect the club to make an announcement sometime next year, that they will either buy a city pub or as mentioned.

alex_is_on_fire

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts
Jul 25, 2010
Meekatharra
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Golden State Warriors NBA Champions
I reckon the day it was announced whoever owns the Strathmore, the Cathedral and the Queens Head (?) got together and high-fived each other for an hour.

Why?

Unless they start negotiating with those pubs to buy it. I would imagine any Crows owned city establishment will dominate the market place on game day and after match functions.

I've heard they are looking at the old Planet night club on Pirie Street. But I don't know how reliable that is.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sep 19, 2007
The Pub
AFL Club
Adelaide
What happens to all the millions the Crows spent on 'The Shed'? It remains as it's main purpose. Those who think it's there for post match drinks and nibbles with players are wrong, it's there as an indoor training facility.

Chatted to a couple of the players straight after it was built.

Whilst I agree that its not there for "post match drinks and nibbles", make no mistake, the primary purpose of the reno's was for increased revenue, which the club could then filter through into its football budget.

The players received very little out of it that they didn't already have. Unfortunately at the time we did the reno's, flip-flop Rann had recently committed $300 million to a much needed upgrade of AAMI Stadium, our club believed that AAMI Stadium was the future of footy in SA. If we'd known what we know now, we probably wouldn't have committed so much money to it, or at least it would have been designed differently.

Actual improvements to the training facilities were minimal. I've been on tours of the training facility pre-reno and post-reno, the differences were underwhelming to say the least, especially considering we were billing it as this "State of the art", best in the world type facility. Reality being though, we actually already had a pretty decent training facility, there wasn't that much more that needed doing.

They got a new Ice-bath, they got some new gym equipment and the whiz-bang new indoor training area proved to not all it was initially cracked up to be. The surface, which was billed as "olympic standard", turned out to be "olympic standard" for table tennis IIRC, not football. I think you'll find the side does very minimal training there for fear of stress related injuries from a surface that is too hard. Its mainly used for warm ups pregame.

If you look at corporately what this facility now offers the club, which it previously didn't have, then you'll see the true purpose of the Westpac Centre. The "indoor training area" now offers a function area large enough to hold shed parties and all the functions the club puts on throughout the year that were previously outsourced to places like the Hyatt or the Hilton IIRC. They also have a smaller area on the 3rd floor for smaller functions, as well as many different conference rooms which are hired out, as well as a hell of a lot more office space. Did I also mention Brett Burton's new fitness studio/gym, a Sports Med clinic and a Cafe.

Luckily the only major downfall with our move to Adelaide Oval will be our inability to use this facility for Shed parties after match and we might not be able to attract as much money for naming rights of the facility. Otherwise I think the club will still do reasonably well out of it.

the_pale_king

Rookie
Aug 25, 2012
AFL Club
Adelaide
Why?

Unless they start negotiating with those pubs to buy it. I would imagine any Crows owned city establishment will dominate the market place on game day and after match functions.

I've heard they are looking at the old Planet night club on Pirie Street. But I don't know how reliable that is.

Simply because they're the closest pubs to Adelaide Oval.

I somewhat wish either Crows or Port would play at AAMI as a home ground permanently... See Brisbane and Gold Coast... They have seperate home grounds in Gabba and Metricon!
Give 'em AAMI? Nah, they can play at Alberton.
They have enough room to upgrade the outer and put in a nice little cheap stand there....

are you suggesting they u[grade or downsize the stand???

what would the break even be at Alberton?
upgrade the outer, put a stand in its place.
They could place stands along the North wing and east end pretty easily. There might be able to upgrade their South stands. Get the capacity up around 20-25,000. Play ALL games there. Make a true home field advantage.

BigLefty

Club Legend
Aug 16, 2009
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Double Blues, Seattle Supersonics
upgrade the outer, put a stand in its place.
They could place stands along the North wing and east end pretty easily. There might be able to upgrade their South stands. Get the capacity up around 20-25,000. Play ALL games there. Make a true home field advantage.

so what do they do with 12000 spare seats?

so what do they do with 12000 spare seats?
:rolleyes: Stop ****ing trolling.
They're in the lowest of lows in their existance.
They were getting ok crowds earlier in the year when they were showing promise.
21k vs St Kilda
24k then 26k against Carlton and I THINK Hawthorn in consecutive home games.
A few wins and they can do well.
a 20k-25k stadium would probably be a little small honestly. They need a 30k-35k seat stadium.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back