Eddie: Stress of coaching would kill Malthouse

Remove this Banner Ad

Jul 28, 2012
Melbourne, the lost City.
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
QPR, Buffalo Bills
What a thoughtful person Ed is and what a coincidence it comes out now, when it looks like Mick is going to coach the arch enemy.

"COLLINGWOOD feared it could "kill'' Mick Malthouse if it had not enacted a coaching transition three years ago..."

Read on:

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/afl/mor...l-mick-malthouse/story-e6frf9jf-1226461743637
Eddie is more worried about the huge amount of egg he will have on his face if Malthouse wins a Premiership with the Blues before Buckley! The only reason Buckley is coach of Collingwood is because Eddie could not bare the thought of Buckley coaching somewhere else (and he would've) and then being lost to Collingwood for the next 10 years or forever! No other reason, it's a fact. I also think that Nathan Buckley has done a great job with Collingwood considering he has a few sooks playing in the team plus a couple of weirdos. Buckley is a career coach and if it all goes pear shaped at the Pies maybe he could take over from the Golden Boy down the track?

SA Magpie

Debutant
Sep 11, 2006
Adelaide
AFL Club
Collingwood
Eddie is a child. He will not hesitate to take an irrational swipe at someone/anyone if it will keep the media focus on him. He goes around loudly proclaiming his love for Collingwood, but I for one don't buy it. I bet if the board at Collingwood instructed him to stay out of the media and refrain from public comment, he would be gone in a flash and off to the next thing that satisfied his enormous ego.

I would be embarrassed if Eddie was involved at my club and constantly shot his mouth off. I was so glad that Steve Harris just ignored his childish attacks on Fremantle during the Cloke media circus. When quizzed on the subject he simply laughed and dismissed Eddie as the joke that he is....

Were you embarrassed at what your club did to Harvey last year

Sep 18, 2009
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Didn't know Eddie was a doctor????? Oh wait...that's right he is just an opinionated twat who sticks his nose in where it don't belong, then cry like a little bitch when things down go his way.

Mar 16, 2001
Melbourne VIC
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Wales, Eastwood, West Ham
This is fun.

I don't think it would have taken Ed five lonely seconds to answer if he was quizzed about whether they'd have signed the handover if it wasn't for North chasing Buckley. Never at a loss for a firm view that he finds perfectly credible.

Burgarama

Team Captain
Mar 19, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
So Eddie was concerned about Mick's health and thought that coaching Collingwood could kill him? Well obviously the most compassionate thing to do is sign him up to another contract to be head coach for 2 more years.

Good old Ed, always putting everyone else's interests first. :rolleyes:

Eddie knows what is best for everyone. When did he get his PHD?

Hanging around with the great and good of the VFL/AFL at The Tunnel.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Eddie should worry about himself.

God the stress of him watching the Brownlow the other year nearly killed him. :D

I watch Eddie as often as possible. One day his head will explode during a live TV broadcast. That will be magnificently entertaining.

Eddie kills so much birds with one stone:

1. Protects his position (Buckley transition deal)
2. Instills doubt in Carlton about their choice for Malthouse as coach

This man appears to be quite smart and calculated.

jj1978

Brownlow Medallist
May 11, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Simple.. FEAR..

His earlier in the year comments about Malthouse being a perfect fit was when the Blues were at their lowest and our list looked shot and Collingwood was riding high on a big winning streak and starting to look like premiership favourites.... all of a sudden we unearth some good young kids and get our mojo back and look to at least return to finals next year (2013)... whilst Collingwood although top 4/5 doesn't look to be able to win it this year.

I also think that perhaps he's starting to believe the "If Malthouse goes to Carlton, Cloke will follow rumours as will some other Collingwood people"... so this is Eddie trying to stop Malthouse coming for I think he has suspicions of a few who will leave the pies and come to the arch enemy if Malthouse to Carlton eventuates....

Also as others pointed out... if Malthouse snares a flag at the Blues before Bucks does at Collingwood... boy would it be splattered all over the fan...

Umpa Lumpa

All Australian
Suspended
Jun 3, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
before:
988651-eddie-mcguire3.jpg

After:

2z81537.jpg

icrow32

Club Legend
Jan 9, 2009
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Simple.. FEAR..

His earlier in the year comments about Malthouse being a perfect fit was when the Blues were at their lowest and our list looked shot and Collingwood was riding high on a big winning streak and starting to look like premiership favourites.... all of a sudden we unearth some good young kids and get our mojo back and look to at least return to finals next year (2013)... whilst Collingwood although top 4/5 doesn't look to be able to win it this year.

I also think that perhaps he's starting to believe the "If Malthouse goes to Carlton, Cloke will follow rumours as will some other Collingwood people"... so this is Eddie trying to stop Malthouse coming for I think he has suspicions of a few who will leave the pies and come to the arch enemy if Malthouse to Carlton eventuates....

Also as others pointed out... if Malthouse snares a flag at the Blues before Bucks does at Collingwood... boy would it be splattered all over the fan...

Unusual comment considering your club just suffered its most embarrassing loss in 100 years and sacked its coach, and missed the finals afater expecting a top 4 finish. Carlton supporters arrogance knows no bounds

jj1978

Brownlow Medallist
May 11, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Unusual comment considering your club just suffered its most embarrassing loss in 100 years and sacked its coach, and missed the finals afater expecting a top 4 finish. Carlton supporters arrogance knows no bounds
So Bell, McInnes, Casboult, Watson are 4 players who are a handful of players that got a run and have showed good promise is not worth mentioning? And so we had a bad loss, it happens but we still in the last couple of months we knocked off Collingwood (ended their winning streak), beat a much improved richmond, slaughtered Essendon, beat a Bulldogs outfit playing our worst team ever (including our wooden spoon years).. so we lost to GC.. Richmond have never defeated them and would you say Richmond aren't improving. Hiccups happen (North is a great example as well).. so we move on... we've identified it's time for a new voice as coach and dismissed Ratten (he was with us for over 5 years which is a great run in the coaching caper)...

As a Crows supporter I would think your mob would be a good example of what a new coach can bring to a club... Craig was respected and had great rapport with the list (like Ratten) but a time comes when change is needed... and look at the Crows now.

Apr 5, 2011
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Beantown
Eddie knows what is best for everyone. When did he get his PHD?
Ironically Eddie couldn't handle the stress of working for Channel Nine as CEO nor did he know what was the best direction for the business. Typical megalomanic with delusions of grandeur is our Eddie.

He was shown up by the big boys for the little media puppet he is.

Mar 21, 2006
On Deadly Ground
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Seagal, Hull, Hibs
Pretty disgraceful comments I reckon. Someone else's health is none of his business.

Yeah. Normally Eddie's doing nothing more that trolling, but this one's a pretty lame effort considering he'd be expected to have info regarding Malthouse's health history.

nineteen eighty

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 18, 2003
Sydney
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
TIGERS
Eddie is doing what Eddie does best...defending his patch. What is his patch? Sometimes Collingwood. Sometimes himself. In this case, I think he's obviously defending both:

- obvious to me he's more than a little concerned with Malthouse heading to Carlton that they will more than likely improve (history shows Malthouse teams always improve)
- sh1tting himself that Malthouse and Carlton will overtake the Pies led by Buckley and hence embarrass poor ole Ed.

I have always considered the bloke a tosser but respected the work he did for the Pies. This simply confirms my view! Fair dinkum. STFU about non Collingwood matters!!!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back