Favour to ask... know anyone famous?

Remove this Banner Ad

Dear my fellow BigFooty posters!

A very dear and close friend of mine Craig has been battling an illness for a while, and last week following scans and isolated radiation treatment he was delivered terrible news that he has a very aggressive form of Thyroid Cancer that has spread to his trachea and throat. Unfortunately he has been given 12~15 months to live at best... depending on how he goes possibly even 6 months.

He's not one to be sad about it and is living it up while he can... we're having a big birthday bash for him in early December and I'm MC-ing and DJ-ing the event and what I'm trying to do is compile a video of celebrities and distant friends that are wishing him a Happy Birthday...

So... I've got a few already, and given that he has worked for Richmond, Port Adelaide and Hawthorn I have the footy colleague side of things covered. What I'm asking is that if any of you know or know someone who knows someone, who is a celebrity or sporting identity (he loves all sports), do you think you could possibly ask them to record a quick 20 second video (iPhone type quality is fine) wishing Craig a very Happy Birthday and anything else they want to ad-lib?

Any responses would be greatly appreciated... AND if you don't want to post it in here, a personal message is most welcome...

Thanks for taking the time to read this long winded request! :D

Kind Regards,

Pete (PB74)

RFC_Official surly the stig can arrange a quick phone call from Richo or KB

So... I've got a few already, and given that he has worked for Richmond, Port Adelaide and Hawthorn I have the footy colleague side of things covered.

Pretty sure he's alright with the football side of things.

I don't know anyone famous...but good luck with it all and I wish your friend well.

I've made contact with SEN for KB and that's in the works now... Haven't cracked through to the 'cho as yet though... Stig? ;)

I cant assist either sadly but my thoughts are with you and Craig, I know exactly what he is going through but luckily on a much reduced scale fingers crossed. Hope it is one helluva night fro him!
Thx TT, we're planning a big one! Have many surprises in store for him! :)

Great cause is there any sports or sportsmen in particular that he is fond of ?

Loves his AFL... and has worked at Richmond, Port and Hawthorn... Stig's helping me out with some stuff, and I've made contact with some people at Port and Hawthorn that I know to get some stuff sorted there.

Was born in Newcastle and grew up idolising the Knights... his idol is Andrew Johns and I've been trying to make contact with his management team and also through the NRL Footy Show... so far no luck on that front.

Like me also follows the NFL and is a Cincinnati Bengals fan and loved Boomer Esiason in the 80s & 90s... think I've got a foot in the door with a certain former SEN presenter from Sacramento who some may know... anyways, spoke to this person today and he's met Boomer on several occasions and has "contacts" to make that happen.

His ultimate sport is tennis... he's a big fan of players from the 80s like Henri LeConte and Vilas Guillermo... have no idea where to begin there!

I've made contact with guys from The Footy Show and SEN to obtain videos from them too... slow but steady progress there...

Love's his music too...my ULTIMATE challenge is to get a video from Pink for him when she's here for her promotional tour next week... so if anyone, knows anyone in that field who might have some info for me that'd be HUGELY appreciated...

For some reason (!!??!!) he likes Nickelback and I've made the ultimate sacrifice and contact their Canadian management who put me onto their Australian Tour party and since Craig and his daughter already have tickets to the gigs in Melbourne, they've hooked him up with Access All Areas passes and backstage after party passes to meet the band...

As far as TV's concerned he's a big fan of Adam Hills... he's a bugger to get a hold of as he's in the UK for 6 months and then here for 6 months... having issues there!

Got many many others I'm working on, but that's the main guts of it!

Any ideas, or assistance with contributions are greatly appreciated ;)

Regs, Pete

All the very best to you and your friend pete74. Not sure if I can help but will let you know if something comes to mind. cheers tj

ps Hope its a great night !

All the very best to you and your friend pete74. Not sure if I can help but will let you know if something comes to mind. cheers tj

ps Hope its a great night !
Thx matey

Have you thought about getting on Twitter, Most stars have accounts and often post alot.
Pink posts a bit maybe try contact her through that. Just a thought.

Also Bogut and Patty Mills are on twitter alot also.

Thx Eagleoz83... with twitter though can you send a private message? I hadn't tried it cos I just thought it'd get lost in the heaps of tweets!

Thx Eagleoz83... with twitter though can you send a private message? I hadn't tried it cos I just thought it'd get lost in the heaps of tweets!
Not sure whether you can send private messages, But you can send direct tweets to people

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Well done peterbunch74, you the type of mate everyone needs.

Good luck with it all and keep us posted on how it all pans out. :thumbsu:
Thx JR#8... I'll keep you all posted! :) I've fired off about 30 tweets to people of all walks of life to see what bounces back!

You'll have far better luck approaching someone like Pink or Adam Hills) through their management rather than Twitter etc. Try writing a formal letter, explaining the situation. Both seem like the kind of people who would happily help out here if they receive the request.

All the best, hope your mate enjoys the big night.

You'll have far better luck approaching someone like Pink or Adam Hills) through their management rather than Twitter etc. Try writing a formal letter, explaining the situation. Both seem like the kind of people who would happily help out here if they receive the request.

All the best, hope your mate enjoys the big night.

Hit it from both angles... contacted the Management of all of my "targets" and have now sent tweets on Twitter... Playing the waiting game now

A little update for those who've been kind enough to post :)

So, as mentioned earlier I've got Craig backstage passes to the Nickelback concert next month... I got him into the Pink "secret" one off show last week, and in a chance meeting we bumped into her Guitarist on the street and I got a photo of he and Craig together...

I've close to organising a meet and greet with Adam Hills at one of his shows at the Comics Lounge in North Melbourne later this month, and I've just managed to secure a video birthday message with the cast of "A funny thing happened on the way to the forum" with Geoffrey Rush, Shane Bourne, Magda Szubanski, Hugh Sheridan and Christie Whelan...

Just heard back from Danny Green earlier today and looks like a video message is definitely a go, but a breakfast catch could be on the cards too.

Through a contact in the States it looks like I may be getting a hold of John Elway and Boomer Esiaison (NFL QB's from the 80s) and hopefully a few more.

Got a pretty good strike thus far (just gotta be nice and ask politely)... again if anyone might know anyone or have contacts please let me know...

Thx for reading guys! Regs, Pete

You're an awesome mate.
I know a few cricketers but they aren't that famous! Fairly famous I'll ask one in particular.
The Newcastle thing got me thinking have you tried Silverchair. Those boys are very accommodating for things like this.

Unfortunately I don't know any celebs or famous people but have to say that your mate is truly blessed to have a friend like you Pete - sounds like you are going well above and beyond and I'm sure he will greatly appreciate it.

All the best champ :thumbsu:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back