Universal Love Bound For Glory - Grand Final Banter Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Just got back from a sodden Grand Final Parade. Magnificent.

Buddy was in the last Hawthorn car with Gibbo and you could hear this cheer get louder and louder as he came up the street.

There as a great rumble of Breeeuuuuuussssstttt too.

Omith looked completely in awe of what was going on.

Nice to see Clinton's brother in the car too. And Sammy's kids got a ride too.

Calling you out Max - I was standing next to the guy wearing the big yellow fist shouting out 'gibbo's fist of fury. Thanks for reciprocating.

And lastly, great to see Cameron Ling in the motorcade. He was smiling and got a great cheer of 'Lingy' from everyone.

it's building people. I'm officially hysterical about now.

Maybe because I'm Mr Grumpy but I was unimpressed with the players not being on the back of the Hiluxes. A couple of big golf umbrellas perched on the back of the Hiluxes would have kept the rain off them. Very hard to see the players when they're tucked up in the back seat of the Hiluxes and not really making an effort to engage the crowd.

Top marks to Chelsea Roffey, however, who stood up and leaned out of her window to take photos of the crowd.

Maybe because I'm Mr Grumpy but I was unimpressed with the players not being on the back of the Hiluxes. A couple of big golf umbrellas perched on the back of the Hiluxes would have kept the rain off them. Very hard to see the players when they're tucked up in the back seat of the Hiluxes and not really making an effort to engage the crowd.

Top marks to Chelsea Roffey, however, who stood up and leaned out of her window to take photos of the crowd.
If Ellis had done that Murphy would likely be playing tomorrow ;)

I'd rather the players stay as warm and as dry as humanly possible, even if it is a bit of the wussy side.

Every bloody year I watch the footy marathon, they always have St Kilda's one and only flag on. Getting sick of it.

gee, the kick-mark-run back-kick-mark-etc game was a bit dull.

Hhhmmmm, I can't remember saying this before in my life........

C'mon you Mighty Hawkers......Hope you win...
Mainly because the $100 I won off Duritz I threw on Jobe to win the Brownlow and then jumped on the biggest certainty I've seen since, ummm Geelong 2008!!!! Kick straight it's yours....Hope Sizzla Rioli is BOG for a little cream on the cake!!!!
Should be a great game but I think your bottom 8 is way better than the swans, as are your top 3.......
Maybe a few punch ups so there will be players missing early next year......;)

P.S If anyone is interested in the Actual Victorian number plates HFC 008 with the hawk logo in the middle, let me know....Good luck you good things....

Remove this Banner Ad

Back