Tippett's Gone - READ RULES BEFORE POSTING

Which AFC deserter were/are you most salty towards?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

doodle48

Debutant
Feb 25, 2001
adelaide south australia
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
adelaide
MODERATOR'S EDIT: READ THE RULES BEFORE POSTING IN THIS THREAD: http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/threads/new-rules-discussing-potential-trade-options.976428/

10:00 AM Tue 02 Oct, 2012
Tippett_away_CYCLER.jpg

Kurt Tippett has played his last game for Adelaide
Mon, Oct 01, 12
Kurt Tippett and his management have advised the Adelaide Football Club that Tippett will seek a trade to another AFL club (still to be advised) in this month’s trade period.

The Club is obviously disappointed with this decision and will now try to engineer a positive outcome for the Crows.

Adelaide head of List Management and Recruiting David Noble said: “I can assure members and supporters that the Club (including players and coaches) could not have done any more to try to convince Kurt to stay with our Club.

“In addition, we believe that our Club has provided Kurt with an outstanding learning environment after drafting him as an extremely inexperienced 18-year old in 2006.

“On top of this we have always put Kurt’s best interests at the forefront as well as remunerating him at the top end of our player payments scale.

“The Club has now reassessed the current list and will continue its strategy to make sure the team’s needs are met so the improved performances of 2012 continue.”

Tippett, 25, played 104 AFL games for Adelaide and kicked 188 goals, including 39 this season.

Drafted from Queensland with pick 32 at the 2006 national draft, he made his AFL debut in the opening round of the 2008 season.
afc.com.au

Well that sucks... When did collingwood get in on the act? There's no way they can afford him!

Well He can partake in some sex and travel. If it is not to a Quensland based team he should be vilified by fans every time he plays in Adelaide. What a crock!!

Well that sucks... When did collingwood get in on the act? There's no way they can afford him!

We are likely to lose Wellingham, and probably another player (potentially a Dawes). Plus we will have 3 players on the Vets list. Apparently we have a bit of room to move. Maybe it's not just about the money for Tippett?

At 5.48 am tommorrow.

Day-1---Sunrise-over-Adelaide-Oval.jpg

Life goes on....

who will knock him out next year?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

In terms of sheer ability Kurt is going to be difficult to replace. In terms of structure, we have pieces in place at least. Jenkins probably takes the spot in the 22 filled by Tippett at this point. From there, either of Johnston or Lynch take the extra tall forward role we often asked Jenkins to do.

It will be interesting to see who the money, and the picks we get in return for Kurt, are used on. We have a decent record of turning a player leaving into a win for us (Stenglein for Thompson and Davis for Crouch come to mind....... just forget about Tambling :eek:) and we now have three weeks to flex our muscles in the trade period!

We are likely to lose Wellingham, and probably another player (potentially a Dawes). Plus we will have 3 players on the Vets list. Apparently we have a bit of room to move. Maybe it's not just about the money for Tippett?

Has to be ALL about the money if he considered going to your mob! Hope the Pies enjoy the salary cap review coming its way if they pick Kurt up.

What else is there to attract him to the club that treated Mick so poorly and is willing to place premiership players on the scrap heap in order to get him.

Hate the fact that he lied to the AFC all the way through this process. Homesick my arse!

I wonder if it will ever come out whether he specifically wants to go somewhere else, but it hasn't been expressed publicly to give us a stronger trading position...... or if he simply wanted to leave the Crows and didn't really care where else he went.

The former would be a pretty good outcome, all things considered. The latter.... I just wouldn't understand it. He seemed to enjoy his time here, his teammates, and he was offered a tonne of money and opportunity. Would be very difficult to understand. There would have to be something going on behind the scenes in that case.

Not worth risking the money or contract length we'd have needed to keep him (assuming it's not the go-home factor)
what do we need? Can we cover him in the ruck or do we need a short term Jolly type as an aside to whatever deal is done with Kurt's team
Do we have a potential replacement for Rutten or do we need to look for one with this trade? Should we focus on a midfielder or punt on a KPP?

Well it's disappointing, but the writing has been on the wall for a long time now.

I'm glad it's over though. It got far too much attention, and went on for far too long.

At least it frees up our salary cap - Danger, Tex and Sloane deserve the money more.

I don't necessarily want to vilify Tippo for this, as long as he goes back home. However, if he's off to Vic or NSW, well then, goodbye to a bad egg.

In terms of sheer ability Kurt is going to be difficult to replace. In terms of structure, we have pieces in place at least. Jenkins probably takes the spot in the 22 filled by Tippett at this point. From there, either of Johnston or Lynch take the extra tall forward role we often asked Jenkins to do.

It will be interesting to see who the money, and the picks we get in return for Kurt, are used on. We have a decent record of turning a player leaving into a win for us (Stenglein for Thompson and Davis for Crouch come to mind....... just forget about Tambling :eek:) and we now have three weeks to flex our muscles in the trade period!

Yeah, 39 goals a season. I'm not sure where we'll find them.

I think trade period last year showed us we can be bold and ruthless at the table and really are not afraid to take a punt. I have every bit of faith in the club we can secure some great value out of a trade for Tippett. In Sando et al we trust :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back