MiloStedman

Est. 1994
Aug 21, 2012
Sydney
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Tahs Storm 76ers Liverpool
One of the things that makes this sport so great is the singing of the club song after a victory. There are many great club songs in the AFL. I was wondering which team (apart from your own) has the best club song. You can give a top 5, top 10, or just rank all the club's songs.

Leaving out the Pies...

1. Richmond
2. Daylight
3. Melbourne

Next - Sydney, Hawthorn, St Kilda, North Melb, Geelong (like them all, can't split them)

Next - Carlton, Essendon, Brisbane (they are ok, probably biased against Blues & Bombers!)

OK - Bulldogs, Adelaide

Simple & boring - West Coast

Rubbish - Gold Coast, Port Adelaide, Fremantle

Haven't heard GWS enough to rate it

Just read my signature.

By the way posters so far are underrating the GWS song. I think everything about our club is just thrown in the wastebasket just because people see GWS and automatically assume it's crap. That, along with all the resentment just about every other supporter has for GWS.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just read my signature.

By the way posters so far are underrating the GWS song. I think everything about our club is just thrown in the wastebasket just because people see GWS and automatically assume it's crap. That, along with all the resentment just about every other supporter has for GWS.
I like it. Certainly better than the Freo song

GWS and Richmond.

'YELLOW AND BLACK' has always been the best, but the '...and we will NEVER. SURRENDER' is going to match it.

I wash my hands.

1.Richmond
2.Collingwood
3.Melbourne
4.NM
5.GWS

Not sure where I rate Carlton's, for me I'd put them at 6. Just on this thread I've seen it in a top 2 and I've seen it in a bottom 2.

1. Sydney
2. Richmond
3. Collingwood
4. Essendon
5. GWS
6. Bulldogs, but Footscray's was better
7. Brisbane, but Fitzroy's was better
8. Carlton
9. Melbourne

Most others are okay, most are catchy, West Coast, Gold Coast and Port are the only bad ones, Fremantle's is my guilty pleasure.

Richmond's would be my favourite. As far as my own team song goes - yes it sucks simply because it's 6 or 7 lines repeated twice.

From the older ones Carlton, Brisbane and Hawthorn's are all s**t.

Fremantle and Port's have the worst lyrics.

West Coast's is pretty ordinary, the rest are generally good.

1. Richmond
2. North
3. Geelong
4. Hawthorn
5. Brisbane
6. Collingwood
7. Essendon
8. Adelaide
9. Carlton
10. GWS
11. Melbourne
12. Port
13. Sydney
14. St Kilda
15. WB
16. GC
17. WC
18. Freo

A lot of the songs are actually alright. I loved songs 1-9. The rest were utter shite IMO. Can't stand the Freo one. Never have my ears heard such processed garbage.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back