Media Mobbs Medal Preview

Remove this Banner Ad

By Ben Dover

We head into the last round of action with anticipation and debate raging as to who will take home the prestigious Mobbs Medal. Today we'll do a small preview of each sides contenders and leave you with a gauge as to who to put your money on with only one game left to complete the season.

Will there be some surprises in store or will the obvious candidates once again contend, in what is the most glamorous event on the Sweet FA calendar.

This is a small summary of each teams top chances with their current sportsbet odds, with the overall odds for the Mobbs Medal in a list at the bottom of the page.

BOMBERS

The Boys from Baghdad have enjoyed a stellar year team wise, but individually it has been a combined effort which has gained them premiership favourtism heading into the last round. The Puppet Master, Gee Dub and beez have all had exceptional seasons and have been backed up by the evergreen Shadow Man and the reliable DougtheLegend.

ODDS
The Puppet Master $1.90
Gee Dub $3.80
Shadow Man $5.40
DougTheLegend $8.00
Beez $11.50

DRAGONS

The Dragons star studded midfielders are likely to attract plenty of votes given their consistent performances in season 15. Gibbsy and ruckman MD have had productive seasons and are likely to feature heavily in the count. Ljp86 and The Half Back have enjoyed solid seasons while Easty and Pie 4 Life have also delivered when necessary.

ODDS
Gibbsy $1.85
MD $2.00
Ljp86 $5.10
Easty $8.50
The Half Back $12.00

WONDERS

The Wonders have possessed a plethora of dominant performers over the course of the season with Wise Guy Sam ahead of the pack in the betting. fellow midfielders Frothies McVeigh and PVF have been exceptional, while captain ShaunDuggan and spiritual leader ClarkeM should also attract votes.

ODDS
Wise Guy Sam $1.65
PVF $3.50
Frothies McVeigh 3.85
ShaunDuggan $9.00
ClarkeM $12.00

FURIES

The Furies posses some of the biggest disposal gatherers in the league and have several players vying for the coveted medal. Eagleoz83 has had a standout season on the ball for the Furies and will poll heavily. Tigland has been superb in the ruck all season, while Crocadoc and Filthy Sanchez have enjoyed consistent seasons and should steal some votes.

ODDS
Eagleoz83 $1.75
Tigland $2.10
Crocadoc $4.50
Filthy Sanchez $7.00
Captain Blood 17 $ 12.00

ROYS

The Roys started slowly but hit their straps towards the middle to latter part of the season which should see several stars poll well. Broken was instrumental instrumental in the Roys revival and will poll well in their run of victories. RoyBoy 2 has been a solid contributor and Pantskyle has been a picture of consistency all season in the ruck. Freakie and 3KZ are among other players looking to poll well.

ODDS
Broken $2.25
RoyBoy2 $2.85
Pantskyle $4.50
3KZ is Football $6.00
Freakie $9.85

DEMONS

The Demons got off to a flying start at the begining of the year to storm in premiership contention but unfortunately several players had a drop in form which has mirrored their year. Deddy was exceptional early before he left the club, and the usual suspects in Eth and Doggies ftw have enjoyed reasonably solid seasons. Cooney and Rhodesy_Blues have added some polish at times but they've been few and far between.

ODDS
Doggies ftw $2.20
Eth $3.50
Deddy $7.00
Cooney $8.50
Rhodesy_Blues $10.00

HAWKS

The Hawks have had a few standout performers this season and we may see a surprise winner amongst their ranks with only half a dozen true chances stealing votes. The Reid & White Parker has been their best player this season, closely followed by Itsmyshow, Larrikan and HARPSichord.

ODDS
The Reid & White Parker $1.65
Itsmyshow $4.00
Larrikan $4.50
HARPSichord $5.85
Gilbert Hodge $7.50

GUMBIES

The wooden spooners of season 15 have been disappointing with very few eye catchers. Markler33 has been one of the most dominant players in the competition and will poll extremely well. Claypigeon and Peterss will poll some votes, but not enough to trouble the contenders.

ODDS
Marklar33 $1.10
Claypigeon $4.70
Peterss $5.80
Wotdoiput $9.80
A Bit High $13.00

The overall odds for the Mobbs Medal with one round to play sees Markler33 dominate the betting, closely followed by Eagleoz83 and Wise Guy Sam.

Marklar33 $5.80
Eagleoz83 $7.00
Wise Guy Sam $7.50
The Reid & White Parker $9.10
tigland $9.50
Gibbsy $9.50
The Puppet Master $10.40
MD $11.00
Doggies ftw $12.40
Broken $14.50

At the conclusion of the season i'll do a comprehensive write-up and analysis and a run through of likely vote gatherers for each round to give you a better indication to the your sides likely chances in the medal.

Great write-up MD. Marklar at very short odds, I haven't noticed him that much to be honest. I'd have Eagleoz as favourite closely followed by WGS and TRAWP (I just love saying that name TRAWP)

The uniqueness of the Mobbs is that you don't have to be winning to poll well. .. wotdoiput and A Bit High will represent the Gumbies well. ..

Not planning to poll well myself but then I've had stints in the back line this year. .. Could Bouncer and even Mobbs be early Smokeys. ..

You know with Marklar at the gumbies with the wooden spoon, 99.99% unlikely he'll win the Mobbs.

The uniqueness of the Mobbs is that you don't have to be winning to poll well. ..
There is no bias in the game toward being on the winning side. .. It is all about who played the best on the day. ..

As much as I love the boy, TRAWP is a MILE away from the Mobbs, will only pick up votes after moving into the ruck, which was last week... :D

I think The Reid & White Parker will surprise a few people.
There is no bias in the game toward being on the winning side. .. It is all about who played the best on the day. ..
Markler33 dominated early to mid season and he's my smoky. I know it sounds odd having a smoky as favourite, but he too will surprise.

A comprehensive write-up and analysis will appear sometime next week.

Everyone feel free to add their predictions.

I'll put $500,000 on me at $9.85. You'll be filing on bankrupcy next week.

Wow, I'm quite honoured to even be in the mention seeing as I've had a quite s**t year. Except of course the last few weeks where I've dominated.

Yeh suck that pantskyle.
But it must be said, the Mobbs Medal has nothing on the prestigious Juggalo Medal!

Wow way to kick me in the balls.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back