Official Match Thread Second Semi Final: Baghdad Bombers vs. West Coast Wonders @ Abdu Prison

2cpesg3.png
Vs
4qk0ex.png
This finals series is proudly brought to you by Carlton Draught.​

Season 15 Finals Promo:​

Baghdad Bombers Preview:

Season 15 Record: 11 wins, 6 losses
Last 5: WWLWW
Finals Record: 19 games, 12 wins, 7 losses
Premierships: 3 (Season 07,09,14)

Season Averages:
Points for Season: 87.35 (equal 5th)
Points against Season: 82.82 (1st)
Points for Home: 87 (5th)
Points against home: 83 (2nd)
Points for away: 87.67 (4th)
Points against away: 82.67 (1st)

ayqkm.png

B: Bomber Bears, High Ryder , Farrand
HB: doggiesin08, The Doctor 23, hepp hepp hooray
C: ThePuppetMaster, okeydoke7, Gee Dub
HF: bipolarbeaR, loopy_cam, sausageroll
F: dougthelegend beez, fumbler
Foll: Shadow Man, Don Draper, saintkildaman
Int: ant555, goodie23

Road to the Finals:
2py29ds.jpg

Most Kicks: ThePuppetMaster
Most Marks: Don Draper
Most Handballs: ThePuppetMaster
Most Tackles: Gee Dub
Most Goals: okeydoke7
Most Hitouts: Shadow Man

West Coast Wonders Preview:

Season 15 Record: 10 wins, 6 losses, 1 Draw
Last 5: DWWLW
Finals Record: 27 games, 14 wins, 12 losses, 1 draw
Premierships: 2 (Season 01,13)

Season Averages:

Points for Season: 100.41 (2nd)
Points against Season: 95.24 (7th)
Points for Home: 93.67 (4th)
Points against home: 89 (4th)
Points for away: 108 (2nd)
Points against away: 102.25 (8th)
2irrs0i.png

B: Rick18 - ShueyIsAGun - tim_saints
HB: Drew23 - croweater 41 - TheFreshBanana
C: Frothies Mcveigh - PVF - wmoore
HF: ShaunDuggan - Shallow - Storm20
F: muttweed - DemonJim - Necromancer Beth
R: BoshtrichBurger - Wise Guy Sam - ClarkeM
INT: Coopers – CowboyFromHell

Road to the Finals:
x2p3c1.jpg

Most Kicks: Wise Guy Sam
Most Marks: Frothies McVeigh
Most Handballs: Frothies McVeigh
Most Tackles: Wise Guy Sam
Most Goals: DemonJim
Most Hitouts: Shallow

Team Submission:
All teams to be posted by 9PM Friday, AEST. Please tag loppy_cap when posting team.

More to come.........

Looking forward to reading 'last time they met'. Hopefully we get a 'second last time they met', and even a 'last time they met in finals'. ;) 4 in a row against the Wonders now? I think we knocked you guys out of the finals on our way to the Premiership last year? Yeah, we did.
Lightning_strike.jpg

Wise Guy Sam

Premium Platinum
Dec 26, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
The Galactic Empire
As beez reminded us earlier, the Bombers do have an impressive streak over us the past few seasons.

We have toiled away, learning from each loss and think we have a strategy to win.

Shadow Man destroyed us in our last final match but BoshtrichBurger has the tools to compete. Shadow Man does have the superiority at the bounces but BB work around the ground is 1st class for a ruckman and can match SM's impressive work around the ground. The clearance won't be a problem either, our clearances and roving is supreme and if we don't have first use of the ball we will tackle you before you get a chance to weigh up your options.

Meanwhile Shallow will be using his height out of the ruck, at CHF, towering over the docter 23 providing a key target for us going forward.

That's just a couple of our key changes that we think will aid us at ending your recent rampage against us.

Looking forward to reading 'last time they met'. Hopefully we get a 'second last time they met', and even a 'last time they met in finals'. ;) 4 in a row against the Wonders now? I think we knocked you guys out of the finals on our way to the Premiership last year? Yeah, we did.

Your teams always seem to beat mine alot. But when it counts the most my team wins ;)

I have a feeling the same is going to happen this week.

Your teams always seem to beat mine alot. But when it counts the most my team wins ;)
The sign of someone quaking in their boots. They have nothing to come at the Bombers with so they resort to petty, childish material that has no relevance to the Sweet FA.

The sign of someone quaking in their boots. They have nothing to come at the Bombers with so they resort to petty, childish material that has no relevance to the Sweet FA.

Not quaking at all. Yes it's true you have had the edge over us over the last however many games but the point I was making was that it doesn't last forever and there will be evidence of that when we win next Monday.

Proud to announce Guy Sebastian will be singing Waltzing Matilda & National Anthem pregame

WTF! The other game get's Delta and we are stuck with Guy?

#*youjobe

Not quaking at all. Yes it's true you have had the edge over us over the last however many games but the point I was making was that it doesn't last forever and there will be evidence of that when we win next Monday.
It would actually seem that the point you were making was that your team wins when it counts the most. Funnily enough, that's exactly what you said. Interesting given that we've met in 6 finals matches, and the Bombers have won 4 of them.

Finals footy. My first SFA final, and one I have waited a long time for. I hope the pacific is as blue as it is in my dreams...

Looking at the Wonders team makes me laugh a little. Most of their best players originated at other clubs and half of the team peaked around season 6. There is a reason this match is hosted at the Prison. We have been a stronger side this season and should prove as much this week. I love being involved in finals footy. I can't wait.

It would actually seem that the point you were making was that your team wins when it counts the most. Funnily enough, that's exactly what you said. Interesting given that we've met in 6 finals matches, and the Bombers have won 4 of them.

#*youbeez :(

Such a reactionary poster beez. Your trolling is obvious and really is old... get with the times.

Times%20front%201%20lo.jpg

Bombers at their worst yet again!

Such a reactionary poster beez. Your trolling is obvious and really is old... get with the times.

Times%20front%201%20lo.jpg

This is a typical case of a racist (you), seeing a headline and a picture and assuming the worst.

This lovely puff piece on the front of The Times actually discusses how we plan to hit stations and Hotels everywhere as part of our post-season premiership celebrations. There will be chaos, as one of the captions suggests.

Please read the story before making assumptions. You know what they say about assumptions...

We are only described as "dirty" Bombers as we plan on partying with Filthy Sanchez.

funny thing is i just googled the times and saw this image so HAD to put it up ASAP!

bullshit!

You are just a bunch of warmongering terrorists asshats!

Reactionary? Ignoring my first two posts to suit your argument is a tad churlish (it's my new favourite word, I prefer rascallish (yes, I know it's not a word) but I didn't want to steal Bob Murphy's limelight.
It's not my fault that your team mate can't facilitate an argument correctly. Maybe have a word with him and fingers crossed he can hit back at us hard. Of course, this is the finals and not for the faint hearted. If some of you want to pussy out and play this game for shits and giggles, that's fine, I'll wait for some of the better, hard hitting posters to take the Bombers on.

PS. Do you think I came out well in that photo? The facial hair was groomed quite well don't you think? Rather photogenic if I do say so myself.
PPS. I prefer the Mx.

Wonder Struck
The West Coast Wonders have come under attack from league administrators early into the week of their semi-final clash against the Bombers. The Wonders are being accused of phone hacking, in a scandal similar in nature to the Rupert Murdoch controversy.​
It is understood that Wonders stalwart Demonjim has accused the Bombers of terrorist activity, and hence felt the need to hack the Bombers phone lines for "the safety of the West Coast Wonders." This action has been seen as a violation of rights. Although Australian Federal Police hold the right to tap into lines of people suspected of terrorist activity, there are no international laws that allow them to tap into the lines of Baghdad. Further, DemonJim's failure to alert authorities to his suspicions could see him arrested.​
It is also understood that PVF and Wise Guy Sam were involved in the phone hacking scandal. PVF was understood to be attempting to gather inside information to create the "greatest OP of a match thread in SFA history," whilst Wise Guy Sam was simply hoping for enough inside information to get revenge on Okeydoke7, who is currently revealing the inner workings of his controversial group The Flogcutters.​
It is understood that the phone hacking scandal gained momentum when DemonJim suspected terrorist activity. He heard Bombers captain Beez explicitly state that he was "plotting the downfall of the Wonders" and also overheard The Puppet Master state that he will "dance on their graves." Gee Dub's admission that "Baghdad will be celeberating, all guns blazing" was believed to have been the last straw.​
League administrators have cleared the Bombers of any wrongdoing or terrorist plots. The Wonders have been fined $6 million for breaching the privacy act and the clubs code of conduct.​

It is also understood that PVF and Wise Guy Sam were involved in the phone hacking scandal. PVF was understood to be attempting to gather inside information to create the "greatest OP of a match thread in SFA history,"

This may or may not be true but I think that PVF guy did a pretty good job regardless of any phone hacking incident ;)

Also I believe you have got the figure wrong on the 6 million dollars unless you are talking about how much debt we are in since you seem to have taken over Mr Number Cruncher's accounting job at the Wonders.

Back