Jamie Cripps

Remove this Banner Ad

Pick 26 to Essendon, Hooker & Cripps to West Coast, Brown to St Kilda with maybe some swapping of late picks involved, everybody happy, West Coast still have a back up defender and get Cripps, St Kilda get the player they want and Essendon get a pick they can use to trade for Toy or Jacobs.
thats interesting. something like that may do it actually. if we can get hooker it means that brown is no longer in the required category.

110455-daniel-kerr.jpg

welcome to the win win trade discussion

Yes the Saints are deluded in thinking they can trade an uncontracted player who we could draft in the 40's plus a pick in the 20's for a contracted KPD.

West Coast's choices (assuming we'll get Cripps for 44 via trade or draft if we don't trade Brown):

Brown, 41, Cripps and 61
or
25, Cripps, 41 and 44

So it's either:
Brown and 61
or
25 and 44

I'd probably prefer to keep Brown, losing him could be the difference between winning the 2013 flag or not. Too big of a risk IMO.

I would accept the offer if Eagles had another decent KPD on their list.

Eagles are kidding themselves if they don't think that's fair. A player who can't get a game and is seeking opportunities at a club in his home state for a first round player and high 2nd round pick... If anything it's overs.

Eagles are kidding themselves if they don't think that's fair. A player who can't get a game and is seeking opportunities at a club in his home state for a first round player and high 2nd round pick... If anything it's overs.

I think its fair, that is about Brown's worth, we might even come out ahead in that trade. But we NEED Brown next year as depth in case EMac or Glass go down (or even get rested). We don't need Cripps as badly as they need Brown, add in Brown being contracted means we hold all the cards and can demand massive overpayment or nothing.

We will deal with Brown leaving at the end of next year when it happens. We are focusing on attempting to win the 2013 flag.

That said I can see us ending up agreeing to Cripps and 25 at 1:59 tomorrow.

then why did the eagles elect to keep him instead of jumping at it? if its way more than he is worth, why dont we jump at it?

its only his trade value if he was uncontracted and was ready to walk.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Well I simply can't see the offer getting any better so either WC agree at 1.59pm or Mitch stays.

At the end of the day the Saints and Pickering can say whatever they like but contracted required player is contracted.

Not a bad offer but not brilliant either. Eagles should seriously consider it though.

What happens next year when/if he is out of contract and is shitty with WC for not trading him the year before? Will they get the same offer for him?

What if St Kilda finish in the bottom half and lure him over in the pre season draft for nicks?

A bird in the hand and all that.

TBH i think the saints fans aren't being too unreasonable here. From a pure who wins the trade value brown for cripps + 25 is a solid win for the eagles. I'd still say yes even if you just leave it at that. Put it in best case scenario and we can pick up hooker for pick 25 from the bombers and im absolutely stoked. Keep the key position depth (maybe a slight downgrade on player but thats yet to be scene) and get a quality young mid who can provide us with some impact starting next year. I dont think it gets better than that for the eagles and i continue to think people overrate draft picks. Some clubs seem to as well.

Looking at it like this when in premiership mode if you can turn pick 17 + a depth key position player (i think brown would be first choice key defender at a few clubs and a starter for almost all but thats irrelevant) for Wellingham, Cripps and Hooker how could you not call that a win? In saying that i've always rated all three of those players as i think wellingham with more responsibility will improve, have always considered cripps to be a better player than conca and he went at pick 6 (i watched them closely in juniors all the way up until they were drafted) and Hooker is a 196cm big bodied key defender who in essence could play full back in the future for us for 100+ games particularly if he works within his disposal limitations (worked for glass as he has just about the worst kick in the league but one of the highest disposal efficiencies).

In saying that when in a position of power things are always up for debate. Absolute best position for the eagles would be cripps, hooker and 26 for brown, 41 and 44. Essendon get 25 in return for hooker and saints get 41 and 44 in return.

Thought it could have a thread of its own as there is a decent chance of a trade occuring.

Now that Stevens is sorted I think this is the only trade left the Eagles will be looking at. I'm just guessing the Eagles will have pick 41 on the table for the rest of the week, and leave it up to the Saints to accept.

Be interesting to see what happens: he could re-sign with the Saints, get traded to the eagles, traded elsewhere, or put in the draft.

Hasn't been much in the media about it this week.

Okay listen up all, this is how it's going to happen trust me.....

Cripps, Hooker and pick 35 to the Eagles, picks 41 + 44 and Brown to the Saints who inturn will offload the picks to Essendon,

TBH i think the saints fans aren't being too unreasonable here. From a pure who wins the trade value brown for cripps + 25 is a solid win for the eagles. I'd still say yes even if you just leave it at that. Put it in best case scenario and we can pick up hooker for pick 25 from the bombers and im absolutely stoked. Keep the key position depth (maybe a slight downgrade on player but thats yet to be scene) and get a quality young mid who can provide us with some impact starting next year. I dont think it gets better than that for the eagles and i continue to think people overrate draft picks. Some clubs seem to as well.

Looking at it like this when in premiership mode if you can turn pick 17 + a depth key position player (i think brown would be first choice key defender at a few clubs and a starter for almost all but thats irrelevant) for Wellingham, Cripps and Hooker how could you not call that a win? In saying that i've always rated all three of those players as i think wellingham with more responsibility will improve, have always considered cripps to be a better player than conca and he went at pick 6 (i watched them closely in juniors all the way up until they were drafted) and Hooker is a 196cm big bodied key defender who in essence could play full back in the future for us for 100+ games particularly if he works within his disposal limitations (worked for glass as he has just about the worst kick in the league but one of the highest disposal efficiencies).

In saying that when in a position of power things are always up for debate. Absolute best position for the eagles would be cripps, hooker and 26 for brown, 41 and 44. Essendon get 25 in return for hooker and saints get 41 and 44 in return.

Almost on the money, watch this space.......The only thing that will hinder this trade will be Hooker......

Remove this Banner Ad

Back