Jamie Cripps

Remove this Banner Ad

St. Kilda offered Pick 25 & Cripps for Brown, WC knocked it back.

Of course we did. Terrible offer.

So in the end... you offered us pick 25 and a player valued at pick 41 by your own club.... and you think we were deluded for wanting to accept that for a key position talented young kid that was contracted to us and in no position of power? :D :D

This is what I love about draft week :D Enjoy :thumbsu: :thumbsu:

So in the end... you offered us pick 25 and a player valued at pick 41 by your own club.... and you think we were deluded for wanting to accept that for a key position talented young kid that was contracted to us and in no position of power? :D :D

This is what I love about draft week :D Enjoy :thumbsu: :thumbsu:
He wasn't valued at pick 41 by us, it's just the pick we were forced to take

He wasn't valued at pick 41 by us, it's just the pick we were forced to take

Ahhhhhhhhhhh so now you see the difference between a contracted and uncontracted player? :D

Seriously whoever is running St Kilda's recruiting department needs one of these.

reality-cheque.jpg

LOL at Saints...

Oh we'll get Brown yadda yadda :)

Then the Pelican comes out with we'll hope to ream you next year (words to that affect) Bwahahaha

My favourite fact was this bit about Jason Blake. We rate him highly... although we wanted to sack him if we got Mitch Brown... but now that we are ****ed we are forced to keep this crab on our list.... ohh but we rate him highly even though we wanted to sack him!!! LOL Saints.

"He will [get another opportunity]. We rate Jason, obviously he's highly esteemed at the club and we had to wait until the trade period finished to keep all options open, and Jason was aware of that," St Kilda coach Scott Watters told SEN on Friday evening.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

My favourite fact was this bit about Jason Blake. We rate him highly... although we wanted to sack him if we got Mitch Brown... but now that we are screwed we are forced to keep this crab on our list.... ohh but we rate him highly even though we wanted to sack him!!! LOL Saints.
We wanted a more long term solution. If Blake was a few years younger we wouldn't have been after your required depth player.

We wanted a more long term solution. If Blake was a few years younger we wouldn't have been after your required depth player.

Well maybe you should have given us your first round pick if you were so desperate to try and steal and uncontracted player for the next 10 years... instead of offering up rubbish and expecting us to do you a favour.

Dont blame Collingwood. You didn't NEED to draft Wellingham ( screwing yourself in the process ).
Fair enough you didnt want to trade Brown. We didn't get Brown. But in fact you wanted our 2010 first round draft pick for SFA. Why do you think it took so long. The Saints were seriously considering letting him go in the draft because you were offering s**t.

Saints got what an out of contract player is worth who nominates one team. Eagles copped it last year with Ebert so its simply the way it works. Somewhat bitter pill to take but thats life.

PS: You post some real rubbish. (Screwing ourselves drafting Wellingham:confused:)

Well maybe you should have given us your first round pick if you were so desperate to try and steal and uncontracted player for the next 10 years... instead of offering up rubbish and expecting us to do you a favour.
That would just be silly because you don't get a first round pick for a depth player. Vozzo put on a tough front in the media to try and convince WC fans that they won't be bent over (again) and judging by this thread it obviously worked, but the only reason why Brown isn't a Saint is because Hooker didn't agree to the deal. But you can all think he was off limits despite three weeks of constant talks if you like.

Anyway I'm not going to go back and forth. Enjoy Cripps, sad to see him go but we're led to believe he has his reasons so there's not much we can do about it.

There is no guarantee Brown would be happy with the way St Kilda handled this... They obviously valued Lee and Hickey above Brown and when it came to the crunch had chump change left to offer.... Coupled with the fact they were insistent on packaging Cripps with Brown left them with no bargaining power at the end of trade period.

If I was Brown I wouldn't be hanging out to get to the Saints next year.

All the saints have done in this debacle is raise Browns price but I'm sure he will bridge that gap before the year is out with a new contract.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back