Club Songs

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Richmond's would be my favourite. As far as my own team song goes - yes it sucks simply because it's 6 or 7 lines repeated twice.

It sucks because it's just plain awful, no matter how many times it's repeated.

Outside of Carlton ...

Richmond's is unparallelled.
I really like Sydney's. "Shake down the thunder from the sky". Great line!
I don't mind North's either, Brisbane's not bad too.
The rest are all kinda take it or leave it.
Port's is pretty bad, but WCE and Freo's are just the worst.

best 8
1. Richmond
2. Hawthorn
3. Melbourne
4. Sydney
5. North Melb
6. Essendon
7. Adelaide
8. Carlton

worse 4
Fremantle
West Coast
Greater Western Sydney
Gold Coast

Best: Richmond, Sydney, North, Carlton and AFC (when the players sing after the game)

Worst: West Coast = so uninspiring. The players just sing a few words for about 10 seconds or so and that's it.

North Melbourne, Melbourne and Sydney are the best I recon.

Richmond is pretty good too.

I love the original version of the WCE one - the verses cracks me up. Chip on the shoulder much?

Carlton one of the worst - its only redeeming feature being that its nice and slow so it's easy to sing when you are pissed.

But yeah Freo struggles. Not sure about a lot of the 'newer' team songs though. I think they lack character, but is that because of the song itself, or the recording - I like the quaint sound of the 'Fable Singers'.

Richmond's Fight and fight and fight and fight and win, Oh we're from Tigerland... is the best.
Sydney's Lift that noble banner high, shake down the thunder from the sky... second best.

Those two stick out in my mind the most (Crows one as well)...

For the s**t ones though, I'd say Freo... The only thing they heave-ho is the s**t gusto that they try to muster up when singing the song. Also the Weagles Flying high gets on my nerves... o_O

(Log in to remove this ad.)

1. Richmond
2. Sydney
3. Melbourne
*Daylight*
4. Essendon
5. Collingwood
6. Geelong
7. Brisbane (I like Fitzroys better)
8. GWS
--------------------
17. Suns
18. West Coast

I actually like the Fremantle theme song to be honest. It aint as bad as everyone makes it out to be. Definitely the better in WA...
In fact I like all the theme songs except the Suns and the Eagles.
The Richmond, Sydney and Melbourne theme song are by far the best though.

But GWS' theme song is definitely growing on me.

Don't see why so many people love the richmond song..

I'll go Melbourne, Sydney, Hawthorn and North Melbourne.

Just read my signature.

By the way posters so far are underrating the GWS song. I think everything about our club is just thrown in the wastebasket just because people see GWS and automatically assume it's crap. That, along with all the resentment just about every other supporter has for GWS.
Nah ur song sucks dude. I like GWS and dont rag them out for everything, but their song is a stinker. No worse than the Gold Coast, and better than Freo and WC, but still bad.

Is it true that the dees and swans song dosent mention them by name only by colour.... Also i think their the only teams to do so???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back