Retired #9: Brendon Goddard - Retires a winner - Thanks for everything BJ

Remove this Banner Ad

in all seriousness though I think you'll find that on field animosity between players is just that, and is left on the field.
Cant wait to see a picture of BJ in full Essendon garb though

A7E53BcCAAI5CPK.jpg

Group photo. Looks settled.

Haha, I remember that, then one of Goddard or Montagna said "Don't get too excited it's just the pre-season" when we beat them. You could hear it over the coverage after the game.

Starts at around 6:05, Montagna really couldn't let it go.. Sounds a bit offended in the end. A draw must have been a sensitive issue for the Saints at the time.

Starts at around 6:05, Montagna really couldn't let it go.. Sounds a bit offended in the end. A draw must have been a sensitive issue for the Saints at the time.

Hank should have dropped him!

You've gotta admit, it was pretty embarrassing how we went about it after drawing an opening preseason game.
Yep; Mark Williams doing the shot gun would have been enough.

It wasn't even about the draw though, it was about welcoming Mark Williams to the club. Preventing your club from losing any game on the siren, pre-season or not, will give you a bit of a spotlight for the future.

Of course, we all know how that coup turned out, but I believe it was more to do with him than the actual pre-season itself.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back