AFL Mackay

Remove this Banner Ad

Hi, being from cairns I really do not know much of the happenings in the mackay league. Just wondering how the league is shaping for this years finals.
Also are there any clubs who maybe in the need of an overhaul, change of coach on the agenda??

Mackay City Hawks & Whitsunday Eagles are both the favourites at this stage with 2 rounds remaining.

Are you moving this way next season & looking for a coaching gig?

No, Not looking for a coaching gig or moving at this stage. just merely interested in the goings on in the league.
Does the league play games at harrup park? I have watch a day of cricket there a few years ago and then it looked like a great venue, would be ideal to play footy there particularly at night

Well the weekend didn't go to plan for the Magpies but luckily the Saints beat the Swans to keep Magpies finals chances alive!

Swans v Magpies this Saturday will see the winner finish in 4th spot & play the Saints on the following Sunday in the Elimanation Final.

Even though there is still 1 round to go,
Hawks will finish top & Whitsunday 2nd whom will meet each other in the 1st semi at Harrup this folliwng Saturday which beckons to be an interesting contest to see who advances straight into the Granny,
l wouldnt be surprised if Whitsunday are the Victors.

Whats this l heard about the league investigating a report on the weekend involving the magpies?

Firstly , Whitsunday definitly didn't rest any players cos they already had 2nd sown up, they were a couploe players away from their best side.

Secondly, Our CHF was red carded mid way thru the 2nd quater & it was withdrawn after the game or no charge was required, but thats the 1st l've heard of any league investigation , if so they would be investigating it to our favor because the red card was a big over reaction buy the umpire.
After the incident even the other field umpire said he maybe wouldve gave him a yellow card but probly just paid 50.
The Whitsunday player came running at him so he braced himself & the Whitsunday player ran into his shoulder & came off second best & took a dive.
Worse part is you cant replace a player red carded so we were left with 17 players for the rest of the game.
Magpies were in the contest til then so it was a very costly decision by the umpire.

Hi everyone, first time posting long time reading.

I have heard about the league investigating the red card, and so they should. We all know that umpires don't and shouldn't change there decision. How about a few weeks ago when the magpies played the swans and the swans player got 2 weeks suspension for a little wrestling and a little bit of back chat. I heard the league gave him 2 weeks just to make an example of it and they are not putting up with crap anymore. Then they turn around and withdraw a red card because they changed their mind. Anyway I hope the umps don't pull any crap this weekend when the swans get up over the magpies.

Cheers

Hi everyone, first time posting long time reading.

I have heard about the league investigating the red card, and so they should. We all know that umpires don't and shouldn't change there decision. How about a few weeks ago when the magpies played the swans and the swans player got 2 weeks suspension for a little wrestling and a little bit of back chat. I heard the league gave him 2 weeks just to make an example of it and they are not putting up with crap anymore. Then they turn around and withdraw a red card because they changed their mind. Anyway I hope the umps don't pull any crap this weekend when the swans get up over the magpies.

Cheers

Welcome Mr. Popular,
l can confirm the Magpies Club & Coach isn't aware of any League investigation from Saturdays red card incident, perhaps the League may have enquired into why they red card didnt proceed into a report etc..
Umpires do have the option to dismiss a report from the game & also to report a player after the game that wasnt yellow or red carded during that game.

Also l think you will find the Swans player that was given two weeks for wrestling & abit of back chat as you put it, was given the penalty for sticking his finger up at the umpire on the way off & being the Captain,
the tribunal is always harder on club leaders.

It should be a cracker game this week with both teams reported to be at near full strength.

swans have heaps out with work and injuries, maybe need to split the points because they may not be able to compete. s**t heard that before some where.

Welcome Mr. Popular,
l can confirm the Magpies Club & Coach isn't aware of any League investigation from Saturdays red card incident, perhaps the League may have enquired into why they red card didnt proceed into a report etc..
Umpires do have the option to dismiss a report from the game & also to report a player after the game that wasnt yellow or red carded during that game.

Also l think you will find the Swans player that was given two weeks for wrestling & abit of back chat as you put it, was given the penalty for sticking his finger up at the umpire on the way off & being the Captain,
the tribunal is always harder on club leaders.

It should be a cracker game this week with both teams reported to be at near full strength.

Magpies miss finals - at least the coach will get to spend some time away from footy now. Pity since they were going to show the rest of AFL Mackay how to play!

What are peoples thoughts of the 1st round of finals over the weekend?

Eagles had a good win against the Hawks, l mentioned a while ago the Eagles are the smokies, could the Hawks go out in straight sets?

Saints had a player red carded early in the 1st qtr, did well to be only 8pts down at 3qtr with only 17 players but Swans domminanated the last qtr with the breeze, snagging 8 unanswered goals.
Midfielder Sam McCann played a blinder for the Swans & Sticky Dunbar kept Saints in the game until 3qtr time with his strong marking & accurate kicking for goal up forward.

You could be right with the sea eagles, they have been good all year. By all reports the swans had a ripper last quarter playing some where near the standard they were showing earlier in the year, the hawks now have all the pressure on them and if the swans can get off to a strong start they could cause an upset. l for one will be cheering them hope you all do the same.

Great effort by the hawk seniors and reserves yesterday to win back to back premierships. Seniors down by 4 goals at qtr time made a great comeback to win by 21 points. B Smith BOG with Azza Wade winning the best under 21 player in a great team effort.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

when i started playing in mac 2 years ago i purposely didnt follow this thread cos i knew it would be bush weak but fk me! i started reading at the end of 2010 bout an hour ago and its like a bad soap opera, what do u blokes do when u get a belly full of piss at the pub? throw ur nickers at each other? normaly on a league forum the bulk of the discussions is about footy matters with with abit of substance, mixed in with the odd bloke bitter cos his not as big as the other boys in shower! now i know its hard for some people to step out of their little comfort zone for the good of expansion cos is scary, but if men before us didnt do it we'd still be living in straw huts! and news flash even tho Dave is good at recruitment the majority of us boys that were there at the end of last season were there cos our club had the inishative to put simple s**t like posters around the join with phone numbers on em instead of waiting for players to fall on their laps, thats how im now at the club! im aware that the stuff iv just read happened 2 years ago and hopefully people can see now that they were acting like the new kid at kinda was trying to steal his toy car but fk me it was sad to read. im not saying that the maggies can built in 2 years what other clubs have been building for yonks, but we have a crew with us that is gonna be far more possitive in the goal of making Aussie rules stronger up here, cos we know how hard its gonna be for us we know how much other clubs hate us BUT WE WONT SOOK IN THE CORNER WHEN s**t DOSENT GO OUR WAY!

Whats the league up there like?
Im a senior Ovens and Murray footballer and was just wondering.
Would be a great place to play footy and work?
Any clubs have job opportuintys?
Also what sort of figure do players recieve a game.?

Plenty of employment opportunities, standard of footy varies from year to year due to transient footy population but in general it seems to be improving over the last few years. There are some very good players in the comp. Player payments - pretty confident in saying very few get paid up here, there just is not that sort of money around. Generally coaches & assistants will get paid. Past experience shows that players that move here for money get lots of promises but very little cash. Best result for anyone look for a reason to come here is to have a club sort out a good job for them. if you are serious send me a message at nmafcsaints@bigpond.com Also check out club web site at http://www.sportingpulse.com/club_info.cgi?clubID=38369&c=1-3483-0-0-0
Which O&M club are you at now?

Bumped into a Saints player who told me their assistant coach, Nathan Peters , has been shopping himself around town which the club isn't real happy about.
Don't be surprised if you see him next season in Hawks jumper.

Any one else heard anything?

Bakers Creek had an article in the paper announcing the re-appoint of Shaun Wiiliams as their coach forn2013,
any other clubs re-appointed or confirmed their coach for 2013?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back