2012 NHL off-season (a.k.a. Another freaking lockout) Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

One would think a thread title change may be in order soon enough?

I mean... long negotiations on back-to-back-to-back days (with apparently more to come if needed) should be a sign for cautious optimism.. right?

Don't get too excited. If the league had a shred of competence they would have been able to avoid entirely /handle this situation much better. It is Bettman after all.

24709048.jpg

One would think a thread title change may be in order soon enough?

I mean... long negotiations on back-to-back-to-back days (with apparently more to come if needed) should be a sign for cautious optimism.. right?
Not according to the journalists covering the talks that say the two sides are still a fair way apart. It's good that they're talking, but don't get your hopes up.

You greedy fukers!!
Get the season going already!
We need to unleash Rick Nash!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm really not a long-time hockey fan and being a couch-supporter from the other side of the world, I'm never going to have the same affinity with the game as others, so watching the AHL or OHL just for the sake of watching hockey is never really going to appeal to me. It's only recently thanks some special wonders of the internet that I've been able to realise that I enjoy ice hockey and part of that is having a team and supporting them through their highs and lows, even if you don't get worked up in all the polemica and rivalries.

Anyway as a sports fans, there is plenty of others that interest me that are on at the moment so I'm more than happy to keep my attention on them, just disappointing I'm unable to follow a full season of hockey for once.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Terrible news for Josh Harding
MINNEAPOLIS (AP) -- Josh Harding didn't feel right. The Minnesota Wild goalie became dizzy during a workout on the ice about two months ago, and he started seeing big, black dots.
The neck problem he had was much more than that. Doctors diagnosed him with multiple sclerosis after a series of tests, and he's been undergoing treatment since then for the disease, which attacks the body's immune system and affects the central nervous system. Symptoms can include problems with balance, vision and fatigue. But the 28-year-old Harding, who resumed on-ice workouts two weeks ago without trouble, has no plans to end or alter his career.
http://sports.yahoo.com/news/wild-goalie-harding-diagnosed-ms-155404335--nhl.html

Remove this Banner Ad

Back