Marngrook Footy Show Axed

Remove this Banner Ad

Hansen raised a good point about the demographics of those with rating boxes.

Shows like Before the Game and TFS don't really discuss footy but are more light entertainment and thus draw a more widespread audience.

Marngrook would be more limited in audience but I also think would largely have an audience that are less likely to be involved in the ratings process.

I didn't watch it often but it was OK and more interesting then TFS.

You dont get to be involved in the ratings process when you're inside!:) Agree with your comment re it being more interesting than TFS.

Disappointing I liked it and found it more entertaining than TFS and BTG.
Spicks and Specks reruns now probably, Christ.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Was a terrible show, lol at people using TFS as a comparison, TFS has been bog for near on a decade. Are all those people saying that one was shittier than the other?

In the end I don't particularly care one way or the other that it was axed. They people that enjoyed it will miss it. I won't be losing any sleep over it.

I suppose they did actually discuss footy a bit. If they had focussed on betting info and fart jokes they would still be going.

Maybe everyone posting here should have watched it more often...

Saw it didnt go back ...

Yeh same. I just found it boring...no real problem with it but had no interest. Had heard good things so I had a look, but yeh. Much the same with the radio version on SEN to be honest.

No wonder. It is almost as bad as the footy show and that's saying something. Amateurish at best.

The bias against Australian Football is getting stronger.
Oh please... The NRL equivalent of this (the Barefoot RL show) was changed to a generic All-Sports show recently, despite lots of complaints.

Besides it was a bit of an issue having a show named after what is known to be a modern myth.

It was a really amateurish show. I liked the interviews with past players, Gilbert was funny in a Doug Hawkins esque manner. The other panel members were fairly boring, although the panel members on the Footy Show these days are hopeless as well.

This is spot on. It had a novelty effect because the production value was so minimal and didn't try to be anything more than what it was. But overall, it was just a bunch of blokes talking, half of which really didn't know much about the game. AFL360 is the same, but Robbo and Gerard know 4 times as much about footy than everyone on the Marngrook panel combined and it didn't look like it was produced by some TAFE students on work experience.

Marngrook would be more limited in audience but I also think would largely have an audience that are less likely to be involved in the ratings process.

They account for those things when distributing the boxes. They're meant to reflect the demographic of the country, otherwise they'd be useless.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back