Discussion IP Australia thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Wow your right...just checked it. Do they not realise its owned by a large company not linked to swan anymore.
Bondy does not own it anymore. Tell em to go to sail & anchor & get a nice beer.
I would draw more parallels between Swan and Little Creatures. The latter is a lot less... parochial.

It's why once every 3 years or so, you can purchase Ballarat Bitter or Richmond Lager or some other obscure beer. They're all defunct in terms of regular production, but they keep the trademarks by labelling a slab of beer every now and then.

We recently had Ballarat Bitter slabs in at work, (About 2 to 3 months ago and it was about 10 slabs). I bet they are still sitting in Liqour because they were hardly selling. I might go have a look if they still are on Monday.

That is very deceptive. I thought lc was small.

Bloody nothing is owned by a small guy now
Little Creatures was sold for $380 million this year.

If you started a brewery with your mate, wouldn't you sell it for that much?

I know I would.

It's going to stay in Fremantle and the taste isn't going to change. Who cares who owns it? I'm sure those guys who used to certainly don't.

Actually funny you should say that. When i was in freo before they sold out , one of the 3 guys who owned lc runs the brewery tour.

Mabye late 20's early 30's nice bloke. Then gave us free beer even better bloke. Nice setup down there

Abbot's Extra Double Stout was the only beer I'd drink. Some of the old labels were superb.

Ballarat-Bitter-Labels-Carlton--United-Breweries-Limited_46164-1.jpg

(with the famous Ballarat Bertie)

images

images

Compared to some of the labels of today these are absolute class.

We recently had Ballarat Bitter slabs in at work, (About 2 to 3 months ago and it was about 10 slabs). I bet they are still sitting in Liqour because they were hardly selling. I might go have a look if they still are on Monday.

With the Richmond Lager a few years back, they were just Carlton Draught with a different label. Tasted precisely the same. Wouldn't be surprised if it's the same case with BB.

With the Richmond Lager a few years back, they were just Carlton Draught with a different label. Tasted precisely the same. Wouldn't be surprised if it's the same case with BB.
Your absolutely on the money :thumbsu: :p

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Search eBay: Fitzroy - Mick Conlan Signed
I judge things based on the standard "could I have done any better?" before I criticise anything.
With this, there's every chance I could have.
Just set me up with a pencil and a drawing of a leaping lion and I reckon I could have.
It looks like a wombat with a cat's face on it.

Were there any more alternates for Adelaide/Pt Adelaide that anyone can find/remember?

Very glad they didn't go with the 'Apaches'...

Remove this Banner Ad

Back