NEAFL - Eastern Conference 2012

Remove this Banner Ad

There is little to no possibility of any more poker machine licences being issued so the only way that new clubs can access that form of money is through a redistribution of existing licences. That is not going to happen so the non pokie clubs have to find some other source of funds or go into some tiered partnership with the established four.

Tuggeranong had a perfect opportunity to get access to poker machine funding when they had the chance to join with the old Weston Creek Wildcats, which would have meant they would have been backed by the Labor Club/s. It's a shame it didn't happen.

I know what Ghost Buster said about Kade coaching Qbn next year was pretty accurate, but I'd bet money that he isn't Ghost Buster. I'll ask him tomorrow when he takes the boys for the first training session of the premiership defence.

I asked Kade if he was came onto big footy and posted about the rumours that he was leaving and he said he did which would suggest GH is KK.

Glad I didn't put my money where my mouth is!

So, with the AFL Draft starting in a couple if days, are there any locals likely to get drafted? The Northern Conference always gets a few. It would be great for our side of the fence if we started getting one or two each year. Was Jason Tutt (Ainslie to Western Bulldogs) our last local draftee?

I don't know who or where started the rumors but I can guarantee you I am not leaving Queanbeyan tigers and haven't spoken to anyone. I'm very happy and looking forward to next year at the tigers.

Regards Kade Klemke

Well rumours are rumours for a reason, glad it was cleared up thanks KK

Glad I didn't put my money where my mouth is!

So, with the AFL Draft starting in a couple if days, are there any locals likely to get drafted? The Northern Conference always gets a few. It would be great for our side of the fence if we started getting one or two each year. Was Jason Tutt (Ainslie to Western Bulldogs) our last local draftee?

Stevens from queanbo could be a chance for a rookie selection after his GF, im sure most scouts would have saw the game

looks like hawks have added another tough on baller to their stocks. not sure bout his résumé but I'm sure footy full on will find out soon from his friend at work. seems tough and handy tho. also a few ex hawks have gone away from neafl for a year in different leagues and returned only to sign with ainslie. any other recruit news?

Not too much talk on here from the Sydney clubs.
obviously the swans and giants will have new rookies and draftees.
Hills Eagles have signed Trent Stubbs form collingwood and Eugene Kruger frome the swans. Marc Dragicevic looks to be playing aswell although i can not 100% confirm this but its seems extremely likely, also some talk about 2 or 3 signings form the northern conference but they are not concrete deals yet. As always in sydney the travel/traffic is a factor. Also the new coach is to be announced hopefully next week with the club officials remaining tight lipped on who it is.
Havent heard too much about the University side. Still no coach and no talk of definate new signings or even any rumours. could be a long year for the students again.

looks like hawks have added another tough on baller to their stocks. not sure bout his résumé but I'm sure footy full on will find out soon from his friend at work. seems tough and handy tho. also a few ex hawks have gone away from neafl for a year in different leagues and returned only to sign with ainslie. any other recruit news?

Any names to these players fg222?

Havent heard too much about the University side. Still no coach and no talk of definate new signings or even any rumours. could be a long year for the students again.
It's been suggested elsewhere that Gilmore is "100% confirmed" and that there are recruits coming from Balmain SFL. I'd just LOVE to see Balmain get cleaned out again !

Anything on that ?

It's been suggested elsewhere that Gilmore is "100% confirmed" and that there are recruits coming from Balmain SFL. I'd just LOVE to see Balmain get cleaned out again !

Anything on that ?

Balmain have spent alot of coin in the past few years for very little success. and i have heard that the are broke.
Balmain have a handy player in that taggart but not too sure who else would make the cut in a competative NEAFL side.

balmain in sydney comp have done for last few years try buy few premierships, all to no avail. they recruited some good players last season but most would struggle in neafl.

Sorry footytragic I am on annual leave at the moment so will not be much help to you with names other than Macleod who is on the NEAFL website, you might know more than me at the moment till I am at back at work and can ask my co worker.

O'Dwyer to Eastlake is a good get for them. Will dominate IMO, saw him play a bit in the VFL. Classy. Sean Ellis to Ainslie on big $$$$ I hear, not sure he would be worth it but we'll see.

Have QBN signed anyone apart from Smith?

A lot of clubs keeping their cards pretty close to their chest pre christmas. Hopefully we have plenty to talk about soon!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ellis will be handy, should slot into that team nicely. ainslie also just signed ex blue and Saint Nick heyne- could get confusing with nick Payne. odwyer will dominate. my tip is Bennett and odwyer to win Mulroney (very early i know) but both won bnf recently in sanfl and vfl respectively.

swans delist and trade their best reserve grade players in meridith, Moore, TDL, Seany, Gordon, Heath, Kruger, McNeil, spangher, lynch. is it fair to say they won't be AS strong next year with fresh draftees? will still be fit, skilled and well drilled but will be a young side? just a thought.

was speaking to one of the boys that was at training tonight and amon buchanon was announced as signing a 2 year deal as assistant coach and midfield coach a very handy pick up for the eagles.

East coast to announce their coach today

The Rumour Mill continues out North -

My mail is Bubba has told the GM to jam the 18's job as he was given no support from Lokan all year. Ressies coach has done the same for the exact same reasons. Club pinning all hopes on J.Bennett.

Kippax redevelopment way behind schedule and budget has blown out. Unlikely to be finished for round 1.

Local players asked to take paycuts to accomodate new recruits.

Also out South -

Rumours of Tuggies split in 2 with changes and possible takeover on the cards. Apparently some of the signings could be fabricated and they have lost half their list.

Signing of Buchanon and possibily McViegh to the Sydney Clubs is interesting, wonder where they access the kind of money needed to secure pick ups like that, its a real good pick up if the signings are true and will help drive the compeition in the Sydney Market which can only be a bonus one would think.

In regards to the Belconnen U/18 and Reserve grade coaches being pissed with Lokan, I would not find this hard to believe, bugger being a NEAFL coach these days its too hard to be focussed on anything but the elite team these days and coaches in the AFL Canberra competitions would be feeling like the poor cousins in many football departments, lack of spending and lack of interest in lower grades it would seem would be creeping into many clubs, something that should be concerning but hard to deal with I am guessing as the NEAFL competition is evolving rapidly.

Will have to ask my workmate about the Tuggers list he last told me he knew they had lost Smith and Dragicevic and possibly Litchfield to a VFL club, the ones that were not playing for Tuggers in 2012 they would not be stressing about you would think as they probably were not expecting them back, if you leave a club like Tuggeranong for money you not likely to go back there would be my way of thinking thats like divorcing your wife to only remarry her.

Cant see why they would be fabricating signings, its probably more likely a few frustrated people on the outer stirring stuff up after such a shocking year for their club I would think.

Tuggers have so far signed a couple of players from Victoria in Macleod and some hard onballer who I am not sure of the name but will no doubt find our next week when I go back to work, I was told they have a few others that they are just sorting work out for and who are not expected this side of Christmas in any case so they would be holding back on announcing a few I would be guessing.

I hope the takeover rumuors at Tuggers are false as the board is made up of some blokes who put the $$$ into the club from what I understand, if it is true I hope the possible newcomers are bringing $$$$ with them as we all know Tuggers need it and there would be nothing worse than a takeover and the loss of sponsorships and the board members who put in the $$$$ with no new money coming in, that you would say would have to be the final nail in the coffin for the club your would expect.

Tigers seem quiet on the recruiting front... probably a smart way to operate I would be guessing keeping your cards close to your chest, good to see rumours of Kade Klemke leaving were put to bed he is a great coach and will be good for the Tigers in the next few seasons as they build upon thier successful 2012.

I have heard Ainslie are recruiting heaps of players but none of any real note, a few ex Tuggers players who left the Hawks in recent years but not sure of any others, no big names announced yet so they might be finding it harder than usual, at least their own players who have remained loyal might now get a chance instead of competing for spots with imports all the time.

Does anyone know when the draw comes out? I am missing my footy already!!!

Signing of Buchanon and possibily McViegh to the Sydney Clubs is interesting, wonder where they access the kind of money needed to secure pick ups like that, its a real good pick up if the signings are true and will help drive the compeition in the Sydney Market which can only be a bonus one would think.

In regards to the Belconnen U/18 and Reserve grade coaches being pissed with Lokan, I would not find this hard to believe, bugger being a NEAFL coach these days its too hard to be focussed on anything but the elite team these days and coaches in the AFL Canberra competitions would be feeling like the poor cousins in many football departments, lack of spending and lack of interest in lower grades it would seem would be creeping into many clubs, something that should be concerning but hard to deal with I am guessing as the NEAFL competition is evolving rapidly.

Will have to ask my workmate about the Tuggers list he last told me he knew they had lost Smith and Dragicevic and possibly Litchfield to a VFL club, the ones that were not playing for Tuggers in 2012 they would not be stressing about you would think as they probably were not expecting them back, if you leave a club like Tuggeranong for money you not likely to go back there would be my way of thinking thats like divorcing your wife to only remarry her.

Cant see why they would be fabricating signings, its probably more likely a few frustrated people on the outer stirring stuff up after such a shocking year for their club I would think.

Tuggers have so far signed a couple of players from Victoria in Macleod and some hard onballer who I am not sure of the name but will no doubt find our next week when I go back to work, I was told they have a few others that they are just sorting work out for and who are not expected this side of Christmas in any case so they would be holding back on announcing a few I would be guessing.

I hope the takeover rumuors at Tuggers are false as the board is made up of some blokes who put the $$$ into the club from what I understand, if it is true I hope the possible newcomers are bringing $$$$ with them as we all know Tuggers need it and there would be nothing worse than a takeover and the loss of sponsorships and the board members who put in the $$$$ with no new money coming in, that you would say would have to be the final nail in the coffin for the club your would expect.

Tigers seem quiet on the recruiting front... probably a smart way to operate I would be guessing keeping your cards close to your chest, good to see rumours of Kade Klemke leaving were put to bed he is a great coach and will be good for the Tigers in the next few seasons as they build upon thier successful 2012.

I have heard Ainslie are recruiting heaps of players but none of any real note, a few ex Tuggers players who left the Hawks in recent years but not sure of any others, no big names announced yet so they might be finding it harder than usual, at least their own players who have remained loyal might now get a chance instead of competing for spots with imports all the time.

http://sydneyhillseagles.com.au/ind...6-amon-buchanan-joins-the-sydney-hills-eagles

I will help you guys out and name the tough onballer who came with macloed from vic,
hes name is Brad Huhn.
Came from the GDFL club Corio & is a unit. He will make a big difference to your competition id imagin.
Very big boy but also very fast.
Hope this helps.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back