WRFL Division 1 - 2012

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
The best thing about Deer Park in 2013 is that they have put a huge target on their "head". Eamesy who is the best coach in the WRFL by a mile must be sitting back and laughing as the reigning premier with the knowledge that all the pressure and focus will be on Deer Park and the two Grand Finallists from 2012 - Altona and Spotswood can go about their planning and recruiting with the focus on the "Ballarat Road Cowboys".

The best thing about Deer Park in 2013 is that they have put a huge target on their "head". Eamesy who is the best coach in the WRFL by a mile must be sitting back and laughing as the reigning premier with the knowledge that all the pressure and focus will be on Deer Park and the two Grand Finallists from 2012 - Altona and Spotswood can go about their planning and recruiting with the focus on the "Ballarat Road Cowboys".

valid points.....

deer park had altona ''covered'' last year with ''half'' the team they are gonna have next year......not worried about altona.....spotty(like every year) and hoppers will be up in the top bracket........dont be fooled pressure is on all clubs!!!!!

word out that deer park has another ''major'' sponsor on board to back up the deer park club and orbit logistics.....cha ching.....we must be doing something wrong........ppppfffftttt

go the ''cowboys''

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/afl/loc...law-at-deer-park/story-fn53kl7r-1226520282055

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/afl/loc...-line-up-in-2013/story-fn53kl7r-1226510845439

A couple of contrasting articles here.

Thought that the article and comments form Eames were refreshing and the article and picture of the Deer Park guns for hire rather sickening.

Yeah, all those players pictured for Deer Park are Mercenaries. All of them from Marby Park pledge their loyalty to M.Park but as soon as a better $$$ offer came they jumped ship very quickly. All those players are on minimum their 3rd senior footy club, geez how things have changed!
They all are being paid a sign on fee and substantial over the odds per game, just like they were at their previous club! It does make you sick.
I understand anyone from Deer Park getting on here and defending the huge spend and to be truthful, yes it will bring happier days for a while just like 2 years ago when you bought the Div 2 Flag, but it does make you feel sick, local Footy has been ruined by the almighty $$$, and these mercenaries benefit the most and the poor old volunteers at each Club suffer. Is this the way we really want local footy to be?
I don't mean to single out Deer Park as there are plenty of clubs in all leagues doing it

They all are being paid a sign on fee and substantial over the odds per game, just like they were at their previous club! It does make you sick.
Spot on.

Probably the most annoying part of that article is where Bullen says "Clubs that sit on their hands tend to get left behind"....easy for Bullen to say because clubs that have a chequebook in one hand and a pen in the other have a massive advantage over everyone else.

Well do some better work behind the scenes and work to increasing your budget so you can compete with the big boys! I'm wrapped deer park have let loose, will get more people to the games next year especially grand final day when they lose

Altona will go back to back with deer park second, spotty 3rd and hoppers 4th

Eames/Altona have the right approach. Deer Park will probably enjoy a couple of years of success and then slip into oblivion. All these mercenaries must give Deer Park Juniors (do they have any?) an incentive to go elsewhere as the club obviously doesn't think they are good enough to develop into senior palyers.

At least Altona and Spotswood look after and develop their Juniors.

valid points.....

deer park had altona ''covered'' last year with ''half'' the team they are gonna have next year......not worried about altona.....spotty(like every year) and hoppers will be up in the top bracket........dont be fooled pressure is on all clubs!!!!!

word out that deer park has another ''major'' sponsor on board to back up the deer park club and orbit logistics.....cha ching.....we must be doing something wrong........ppppfffftttt

go the ''cowboys''

Have Altona covered well being the reigning premiers and a couple of good recruits coming to the club you would think if Deer Park have them covered the Flag is theres to lose

Have Altona covered well being the reigning premiers and a couple of good recruits coming to the club you would think if Deer Park have them covered the Flag is theres to lose

in my opinion deer park last year had altona covered....1st game dp 5 goals up only a 3rd 1/4 of pure dominance and really great footy to watch handed altona the win......2nd game well the a's wernt up to it on our dung hill.....

muzled in and had a look at the ''cowboys'' gee whizz big bodies was what i noticed and stoodout coach speaks well.... cant wait....

on the weapo grape vine hearing sunshine are falling apart and might be on the down hill.... no recruits ....no coaching panel ....2nds coach got the arse....no jnrs.....

any news???

(Log in to remove this ad.)

in my opinion deer park last year had altona covered....1st game dp 5 goals up only a 3rd 1/4 of pure dominance and really great footy to watch handed altona the win......2nd game well the a's wernt up to it on our dung hill.....

muzled in and had a look at the ''cowboys'' gee whizz big bodies was what i noticed and stoodout coach speaks well.... cant wait....

Big bodies and big wallets. Keep em filled or there'll be a bunch of skinny kids and fat old blokes running around in the blue and gold seniors in 2014.

Yeah, all those players pictured for Deer Park are Mercenaries. All of them from Marby Park pledge their loyalty to M.Park but as soon as a better $$$ offer came they jumped ship very quickly. All those players are on minimum their 3rd senior footy club, geez how things have changed!
I understand anyone from Deer Park getting on here and defending the huge spend and to be truthful, yes it will bring happier days for a while just like 2 years ago when you bought the Div 2 Flag, but it does make you feel sick, local Footy has been ruined by the almighty $$$, and these mercenaries benefit the most and the poor old volunteers at each Club suffer. Is this the way we really want local footy to be?
I don't mean to single out Deer Park as there are plenty of clubs in all leagues doing it

I can understand clubs recruiting to improve, but 14 players is ridiculous. 5-6 players would seem reasonable, as you usually lose a couple. Will there be a local or junior player in the senior side next year?
They may as well have gone and started a new club (Maribyrnong West would seem relevant). Most of the recruits wouldn't have known where Deer Park was on the map until the 'bank' rolled in. Agree with BF50, $ ruining local footy.

I can understand clubs recruiting to improve, but 14 players is ridiculous. 5-6 players would seem reasonable, as you usually lose a couple. Will there be a local or junior player in the senior side next year?
They may as well have gone and started a new club (Maribyrnong West would seem relevant). Most of the recruits wouldn't have known where Deer Park was on the map until the 'bank' rolled in. Agree with BF50, $ ruining local footy.

Bullen makes me sick talking about clubs who sit on their hands. Well I can tell you Marby wasn’t sitting on their hands. They had their hand out shaking his as he rolled back into Marby asking to be their runner during the finals. What a snake! Would love to know what messages the bloke was taking out “ You want a job too Ayresy, sure mate, no problems”
Moneybags himself was close with some of the more gullible ones down at Marby; obviously picking their brains and plotting his next move. The only one Moneybags couldn’t get around was a former President, Life member and player who had him pegged from day one. He couldn’t cop the bloke and couldn’t come at someone who kept the club in the dark about who he was paying on the side and how much. Moneybags doesn’t give a s**t about any club – it’s all about him.
His one stint as President of Marby (what were they thinking!!) he left the Club in $60K debt and having spent close to $45K that was invested. So much for bankrolling clubs – he also rolls them when it suits him. Clearly relying on one sponsor is never gonna work, I think Marby have worked that out and will cop it on the chin. It’s the sneaky way these blokes went about it that is so unforgivable. Lying, pretending they are mates and confidants, befriending sponsors only to steal them for Deer Park. Bullen, as a friend of the club, riding into town ready to rape and pillage with not even the balls to be upfront. Mate , isn’t the big checkbook enough – you gotta act like a two faced dog as well???
And moneybags I hear is even trying to poach the Marby Team Manager…hmmmmm, sounds like a vendetta against Marby to me……and all whilst he is an EDFL Board Member ( or was, surely they will get rid of the rat); access to EDFL player databases, access to coaches, Presidents, club officials thinking they can trust the man from the EDFL. Think again lads! I gather integrity, honour, honesty and courage are not Moneybags’ middle names.
Rumour has it he even gave Pricey’s kid a job. Now isn’t that a cosy little arrangement.

on the weapo grape vine hearing sunshine are falling apart and might be on the down hill.... no recruits ....no coaching panel ....2nds coach got the arse....no

Weapons u really are a flog.....
Coaching panel.... Brett and Danny Jacobs enough said
Juniors...... A team in every age group from 9's to 18's ( more then ur precious lil deer park)
2nds coach.... Had to step down due to work and family commitments

Seriously mate enough using the free wi fi and waiting for the free platters to come round at 2.30 at the pub and get a clue

Has deer park really signed broadbeent? His mate at Yaraville (coach Connell) would be crying in his rice bubbles cause broadbean promised Yarra coach "I'll plat with you mate if you get into 1 division" poo to that says broadbeck if rumor true and he be sign at gold and blue.
Broadbeak now up to his 17th club or something::::: Seymour, Strathmore, Marybrynonng, Kelior Park, Tullamarine, Albion, Hammerheads, St. Bernard's to name a couple
No training top needed for broadback as he must need a kennards storage box to keep he's jumpers and tops!!

from last years side deer park lost 10 players .....got 10 back plus some!!!!

[quote="little bird, post: 26529574, member: 1302

flog....hahaha...2's coach was pushed out....apparently most of the 2's wont play for this reason....

so no recruits then......

still can get a bite......;]

Bullen makes me sick talking about clubs who sit on their hands. Well I can tell you Marby wasn’t sitting on their hands. They had their hand out shaking his as he rolled back into Marby asking to be their runner during the finals. What a snake! Would love to know what messages the bloke was taking out “ You want a job too Ayresy, sure mate, no problems”
Moneybags himself was close with some of the more gullible ones down at Marby; obviously picking their brains and plotting his next move. The only one Moneybags couldn’t get around was a former President, Life member and player who had him pegged from day one. He couldn’t cop the bloke and couldn’t come at someone who kept the club in the dark about who he was paying on the side and how much. Moneybags doesn’t give a s**t about any club – it’s all about him.
His one stint as President of Marby (what were they thinking!!) he left the Club in $60K debt and having spent close to $45K that was invested. So much for bankrolling clubs – he also rolls them when it suits him. Clearly relying on one sponsor is never gonna work, I think Marby have worked that out and will cop it on the chin. It’s the sneaky way these blokes went about it that is so unforgivable. Lying, pretending they are mates and confidants, befriending sponsors only to steal them for Deer Park. Bullen, as a friend of the club, riding into town ready to rape and pillage with not even the balls to be upfront. Mate , isn’t the big checkbook enough – you gotta act like a two faced dog as well???
And moneybags I hear is even trying to poach the Marby Team Manager…hmmmmm, sounds like a vendetta against Marby to me……and all whilst he is an EDFL Board Member ( or was, surely they will get rid of the rat); access to EDFL player databases, access to coaches, Presidents, club officials thinking they can trust the man from the EDFL. Think again lads! I gather integrity, honour, honesty and courage are not Moneybags’ middle names.
Rumour has it he even gave Pricey’s kid a job. Now isn’t that a cosy little arrangement.

oh well along with the clubs other major sponsors he has fitted in just nicely....chin up you'l be right.....

2pac had a song out back in the day....it went like this...

''life goes on''

[quote="little bird, post: 26529574, member: 1302

flog....hahaha...2's coach was pushed out....apparently most of the 2's wont play for this reason....

so no recruits then......

still can get a bite......;]
Hahahah how wrong u are.... Have a few mates (do u know what they are ???) down sunshine and u couldn't be further from the truth but oh we'll what ever gets u through to opening time tomorrow enjoy the free spread god knows u don't need it

I've been critical of the $ in local footy in the past, but it's a fact of life. Don't like it, go play/watch ammos. One thing it does do is break the monotony of the same 2-3 clubs winning the flag each year. Fact is all these bloke would command decent coin wherever they went.

I don't know Marc Bullen that well but he's no snake. He's a genuine bloke, when he was runner for Marby his finals campaign at Congupna had just finished and I reckon he was pretty certain he'd play up there again next year and had already turned down one coaching offer elsewhere. He's a natural leader and speaks well during the breaks and will make a good coach.

Yes Deer Park have piled some pressure on themselves with these signings but don't criticise them for it. They're just doing what we'd all love our clubs to be able to do.

Doesn't Deer Park remember what happened a few years back?
Parkside recruits all these guys and gets to a Grand Final undefeated, then a team of youngsters come from nowhere to clinch the victory.
Without younger players, teams will go nowhere in today's football.
Hoppers, Spotty and Altona pushing their kids through and only recruiting a few players from outside the club seems to be way to go. Even Albion in 2010 when a couple of kids come up from under 18's made a difference for them.
So come finals time in 2013, Deer Park might be up there with their 14 recruits that are now has beens, but the club with the youth will run right over the top of them.
Doesn't this sound familiar to those Deer Park supporters.
Good luck to them wasting $300,000 or even more then when the money drys up, AND IT WILL, they will find themselves back down in Div 2 again.
This is what wrecks local footy.

Doesn't Deer Park remember what happened a few years back?
Parkside recruits all these guys and gets to a Grand Final undefeated, then a team of youngsters come from nowhere to clinch the victory.
Without younger players, teams will go nowhere in today's football.
Hoppers, Spotty and Altona pushing their kids through and only recruiting a few players from outside the club seems to be way to go. Even Albion in 2010 when a couple of kids come up from under 18's made a difference for them.
So come finals time in 2013, Deer Park might be up there with their 14 recruits that are now has beens, but the club with the youth will run right over the top of them.
Doesn't this sound familiar to those Deer Park supporters.
Good luck to them wasting $300,000 or even more then when the money drys up, AND IT WILL, they will find themselves back down in Div 2 again.
This is what wrecks local footy.

Agree 100%

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back