Dan Conners?

Remove this Banner Ad

amofootyfan

Team Captain
Apr 23, 2010
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Dan Conners was a highly rated midfielder by all clubs but went one step too far at Tigers

Is he a good late pick for us to give us more youth in the midfield and expose him to the Hawthorn way?

I think he would be a great call

Just asking as i see the need for young guys to replace Mitch, Brad, Jordan et al

Really?
Cant a young guy learn and shouldnt we give everyone another chance? Coulod be way better than the 86th untried kid in the land

Am I feeling a bit of deja vu here?

Not with you directly, amo. But what's our strike rate with giving second chances to blokes who have had disciplinary issues at other clubs?

The guy can seriously play. Great disposal, can win the ball, and kick goals. A good outside styled mid, who can win his own footy.

But trust me Richmond gave him AMPLE chances. They went over and above with him which many players do not get as many chances as he did it was just a matter that he was seriously talented. The club rallied around him and after he returned to the seniors after a club suspension, he kicked his first goal back and the team ran from every where to congratulate the lad. The players and the club wanted it to work and it didn't. He ****ed it. He threw it in for the grog and partying. He had more chances then many players publicly ridiculed trust me. The only way I would have him is if he was on the same tablet as Fevola that if he drank it would make him violently ill while on these tablets.

The kid has had more opportunities then many just remember that and he burned them.

I saw him play as a junior, he was a gun. Great kick of the ball, wins his own footy and is actually a lot quicker then some people realise. Unfortunatly he is a complete idiot off field and he has had his chances. If not for off field issues, he would then be worth picking up. The kid can play, he has all the talent, just not the attitude.

This thread is long overdue. He is the biggest spud that got delisted purely because of his love of thinking he's above the rules. And the Hawthorn board isn't the Hawthorn board unless there is a thread about each and every dudd who has an attitude problem, but is also a 'jet', can 'break the lines', an 'underrated kick' and can 'sneak forward and kick goals'.

I mean c'mon people. Why do some supporters think we'd be better off picking up a dickbrain who'd do more harm than good to the club?

Maybe he deserves another chance, but not at Hawthorn. We're a football club, not social workers.
3 chances at Richmond. How many more can a guy get? He's a great player, but other than that he's a complete dud, and nothing but trouble. If I were a Hawthorn supporter (or any other club for that matter) I wouldn't want to pick him up.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Dan Conners was a highly rated midfielder by all clubs but went one step too far at Tigers

Is he a good late pick for us to give us more youth in the midfield and expose him to the Hawthorn way?

I think he would be a great call

Just asking as i see the need for young guys to replace Mitch, Brad, Jordan et al
Same a Brendan Fevola (Waste of Talent and waste of space)He still does not get it that he has done anything wrong.No club will give him a second chance.Just wondering if Ben Cousins was such a good pick up for Richmond,with what has happened to Connors and Martin recently!!!My answer is NO bad egg!!!!!!!

Maybenot this year, but a player like Connors I think needs to prove himself over the next year in a secondary comp (VFL, SANFL etc), before I would consider him, and even then only with a rookie spot so he knows that he can easily be let go if he mucks up.

tumblr_mclik53MAy1rjj9tso1_500.jpg

these days it's more about character than talent and clubs don't want to take risks on bad eggs. He had loads of chances at RFC and kept stuffing up and is now threatening to derail Martin's career. Cousins had to knock him out one night to try to control the tool. It's not just about what he does, but it's the impact on the group that also matters.

Has the talent, but his character is flawed.

I would look at Connors, absolutely!! Remember when Leigh Mathews took a punt on Martin Pyke (A renowned bad boy) and the success he had with him. I think if Connors can play at the required level and Clarkson has the ability to curb his off field misdemeanours, then he could be a goer. But with just one rookie spot left, I just can't see it happening.

What is it with people on this board wanting to pick up players with bad attitudes and off field issues? Just because a guy can play footy doesn't mean they are a good thing for the club. And our history of turning players around is pretty poor, in recent memory I can't think of 1 that has been a success, so why waste or time and money on them. I would rather the club took players with a little less talent but a great attitude and ability to work hard and improve their football, they would add a hell of a lot more then talented but lazy guys with bad attitudes who could potentially lead 1 or 2 of the younger guys astray.

Look at a club like Richmond, recruited & delisted Conners, Troy Taylor, Relton Roberts in recent years and all 3 have just cost them time and money and wasted spots on their list. And people wonder why clubs like that are constantly rebuilding.

Garlett, Riemers and now Conners have been mentioned this year, ffs we don't want players like that at the club and we don't need players like that at the club, we have a great list and there is no need to recruit dickheads to upset the apple cart. And does anyone really think any of those players would win us a premiership?

Plenty of other players out there who deserve a chance, Riemers and Conners had their chance and ****ed it, so bad luck, Garlett needs to prove he deserves a chance and is worth the risk.

these days it's more about character than talent and clubs don't want to take risks on bad eggs. He had loads of chances at RFC and kept stuffing up and is now threatening to derail Martin's career. Cousins had to knock him out one night to try to control the tool. It's not just about what he does, but it's the impact on the group that also matters.

Has the talent, but his character is flawed.
While I know what you're trying to say, if Martin wasn't so talented, he'd have been delisted at years end.

And the only person threatening to derail Martin's career, is Martin himself.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back