Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 22, 2010
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Arsenal, Arizona Cardinals
Its just cover.

Outside of Franklin, Roughead and Gunston, we don't have much more in the tall forwards stocks.

Also gives a chance to Buddy and Rough to take responsibility of the young guys development

brandb.png

aussie80s

All Australian
Jan 12, 2008
The Mountain
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Wolves, Packers, Celtic, Box Hill
Is he any relation to Russell? And if so does that mean we have no chance of getting Katy Perry.

Now if the club is talking about "damaging the Brand" it will actually refer to Kaiden getting injured and not a PR exercise to explain a drunken incident.

bards

Club Legend
Oct 23, 2006
Bunyip
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Blue-Jays, Broncos, Pacers, Everton
As posted by me in the Tim O'Brien thread

Now, it's pretty simple people. You gotta get your forwards or key backs first. They need more time. Sure we'll eventually need to replace Mitch, Hodge and Sewelly, but realistically, kids can dominate midfield in their second year, some even in their first. Not many KPP can do this. We now have Boseley and Kelly developing down back, and These two fellas up front, plus Heatherely. We have Woodward, hallahan, Anderson, Hill and Duryea already developing in the middle. Add Simpkin and Kilkenny to that and we are covered nicely. I'd expect a genuine first round mid next year (hopefully pick 18!). Then if Grimely doesn't make it, we'd probably look for a raw ruckman.

Holdyn

Draftee
Aug 16, 2009
Gordonvale
AFL Club
Hawthorn
From Inside Football Draft Special
Another tall mobile playeyer who has plenty of development to come simply because he has so much filling out to do. for his size he's a super athlete who averaged 3 or 4 bounces a game this season with his run and carry. Can play ruck, key back, or be a target up forward and he's one of the modern day sort of ruckmen who can play like a big ruck rover around the ground. Might be slightly undersized for a ruckman but has a great leap and certainly can impact the game. Played U18 and Reserves for us this year.

Mark WMickan West Adelaide Football Operations Manager.

ArtVandelay

Rookie
Mar 5, 2012
Geelong
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Sounds great. Lets give him a chance. Welcome.
Agree, key position players are more difficult to get/develop, so hopefully this drafts selections develop nicely and our existing midfield reserves can continue to improve to support the current first 22.

Tomohawks

All Australian
Aug 30, 2009
Victoria
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Storm & West Ham United
O'Brien and Brand.....precursor to Rough moving back to FB
I am sick and tired about hearing playing him down back. This is not the ideal thread to express my view but i have heard enough. You don't take a 70 goal forward with some of the best hands in the comp out of the forward line, full stop! We have enough defenders as it is, for christ sake we drafted him as a forward and he creates nightmares for the opposition down there. People with genuine footy knowledge see this (alas Clarko) so let it be and we shall play to our strengths. Enough!

bumsonseats

Premiership Player
Oct 8, 2009
Back in Stinktown (Adelaide)
AFL Club
Hawthorn
I am sick and tired about hearing playing him down back. This is not the ideal thread to express my view but i have heard enough. You don't take a 70 goal forward with some of the best hands in the comp out of the forward line, full stop! We have enough defenders as it is, for christ sake we drafted him as a forward and he creates nightmares for the opposition down there. People with genuine footy knowledge see this (alas Clarko) so let it be and we shall play to our strengths. Enough!

I can see us grooming Kaiden Brand to play CHB

Kaiden looks like a possible replacement to Roughie in a few years. With subs being introduced on the interchange bench, big forwards who can ruck become all the more valuable (which is why our rucking options right now are Roughie and Hale). This could become one valuable pickup if Kaiden can progress well enough over the next year or two. Good luck, Kaids. :):thumbsu:

Dec 22, 2007
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Better tell Clarko that coz he's been playing him as a ruck for the last 2 years.

bumsonseats

Premiership Player
Oct 8, 2009
Back in Stinktown (Adelaide)
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Kaiden looks like a possible replacement to Roughie in a few years. With subs being introduced on the interchange bench, big forwards who can ruck become all the more valuable (which is why our rucking options right now are Roughie and Hale). This could become one valuable pickup if Kaiden can progress well enough over the next year or two. Good luck, Kaids. :):thumbsu:

bye bye Sam Grimley

Back