Mega Thread Official Draft thread.

Remove this Banner Ad

Longergan was expected to go around 20 so I am surprised we took him at 13, however if he is a quality inside mid than so be it. I must admit that I am worried about the shear volume of mods we are compiling, they can't all fit in the side and as a result we may see plays leaving for better opportunities. Just as Hine has done

Forgot to mention, there was someone else shooting around, forgot the name but I'm sure if I look at the profile pages I'll recognize him. Anyway, asked about the going home factor and all of them shook their head and said "Where else can you get weather like this"? Huge smile.
Well, to be fair, Karmichael is from Brisbane so he is basically home and Aaron Hall is from Tasmania where they don't have a team. Would be interested to know who the third player was though...

Clayton on AFL website talking up Sumner's potential... Either can be used as a speedy half fwd or a rebounding defender. Time will tell.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sumner will need a couple of years of development, but he's a very good prospect. Very fast across the deck, and can kick impossible goals. Needs to work on consistency, but not a bad pick at all for #55.

Good summary :) from my SANFL team and played some league football down here. He'll take some time to get up to the level required but could be anything... Hopefully adjusts better than his brother did when drafted to Sydney. I think it'll help with the young group you have all developing together. Will follow him with interest! Also, dibs on one of his jumpers next yr :cool:

Lonergan is an extremely good pick up for the Suns. Had a feeling you would pass on Simpson for either him or Hrovat and in time, I think it will prove to be an excellent decision.

Longergan was expected to go around 20 so I am surprised we took him at 13, however if he is a quality inside mid than so be it. I must admit that I am worried about the shear volume of mods we are compiling, they can't all fit in the side and as a result we may see plays leaving for better opportunities. Just as Hine has done

Collingwood would of been VERY happy to take him at 18/19, I think with losing Caddy he is the perfect pick really. I don't think 13 is too early for him, rare to find a midfielder with his attributes who can just smash a pack kennedy style.

Happy with Lonergan as our number 13 pick.

Probably a little earlier than most expected. However, feels a hole that we have so have no problem with this. Also being from tassie the go home factor is smaller some what.

Sumner, well why not? Might as well use that second pick, give him a a few years and then see where he is at.

Happy with Lonergan as our number 13 pick.

Probably a little earlier than most expected. However, feels a hole that we have so have no problem with this. Also being from tassie the go home factor is smaller some what.

Sumner, well why not? Might as well use that second pick, give him a a few years and then see where he is at.

Well, that's a bit friendly isn't it?

Lonergan is a straighy up, straight in replacement for Caddy. And from what I can tell from interviews and general enthusiasm to BE WITH SUNS, a waaaay better option!! Just 18 and 90kg frame already!

Do the suns have a pick in the PSD or just rookie draft only? The list lodgement deadline passed so is it correct that they cannot delist anyone to take a pick in the PSD?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back