Australian music

Remove this Banner Ad

It's because the best known Australian artists these days come off those fornicating woeful shows like Australian Idol and the like of those piss awful shows.

Too hard to get noticed as a band these days because record labels don't promote them like they used to.

I blame women for the downturn in decent music.

They made such s**t concepts like the idols and got talent crap so popular companies want to cash in on the quick buck tunes rather than invest in bands.

God I love this song.

Anyway, as a guy in his early 30s, a lot of what you say resonates. The "kids" (oh God) these days seem a far more passive, self-conscious bunch, their music a third-generation photocopy with all the emotional resonance of a text breakup. But hey, that's only a massive generalisation and all. I'll just be over in the corner remembering that Fauves/Regurgitator all ages show back in the mid 90s at the Metro.

Fauves, so under-rated and when the 'gurge released 'New' I think most yougsters were going wow... seeing the 'gurge play 'in one ear and out the other' was just an intense 45 second slam fest.

I'm a huge hipster though, so I'm fine with it :D
You are the lamest person ever. When you hit 17 you'll be embarrassed by this statement. Hipsters never acknowledge that they are hipsters... you.... you just aren't. And neither are San Cisco. Wearing patterned shirts and singing indie pop is not hipster.

You are the lamest person ever. When you hit 17 you'll be embarrassed by this statement. Hipsters never acknowledge that they are hipsters... you.... you just aren't. And neither are San Cisco. Wearing patterned shirts and singing indie pop is not hipster.
Haha, I'm 18 so that's already wrong.

Anyway, as I stated earlier I don't even like San Cisco very much.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Everyone looks at the 90s as some wonderful time for Australian rock too but for every You Am I there was something horrid. The Fauves song 'Everyone is getting a 3-piece together' sums it up pretty much.

Everyone looks at the 90s as some wonderful time for Australian rock too but for every You Am I there was something horrid. The Fauves song 'Everyone is getting a 3-piece together' sums it up pretty much.

This. A lot of people here not realising that every era prior to today looks like a golden one solely because people only remember the quality acts and not the s**t.

love the avatar. Quite suprised to see it on a forum dedicated to ' the inferior game of afl'. Ha

He may be a hipster but you have mastered the art of being an elitist music snob.

I think there's plenty of decent Aussie music, although i am a bit of triple j fan.

Presently I rate many Australian bands, including:

Ball Park Music, Boy and Bear, Buchanan, End of Fashion, Guineafowl, Gyroscope, Husky, the Jezabels, Jinja Safari, John Butler, Loon Lake, Northeast Party House, The Panics, the Rubens, Split Seconds, The Temper Trap and the Winter People.

Sure I rate Uk bands, particularly their rock ones, much more highly, but I think Australia actually has a decent music scene. I certainly don't think a lot of the crap that comes here from America is better, and whilst Australia no longer has a prominent pub rock scene, there is pleanty of quality there. Even Aussie hip hop isn't too bad, at least I don't have to hear about black bitches and s**t.

He may be a hipster but you have mastered the art of being an elitist music snob.

I think there's plenty of decent Aussie music, although i am a bit of triple j fan.

Ball Park Music, Boy and Bear, Buchanan, End of Fashion, Guineafowl, Gyroscope, Husky, the Jezabels, Jinja Safari, John Butler, Loon Lake, Northeast Party House, The Panics, the Rubens, Split Seconds, The Temper Trap and the Winter People.

Sure I rate Uk bands, particularly their rock ones, much more highly, but I think Australia actually has a decent music scene. I certainly don't think a lot of the crap that comes here from America is better, and whilst Australia no longer has a prominent pub rock scene, there is pleanty of quality there. Even Aussie hip hop isn't too bad, at least I don't have to hear about black bitches and s**t.

ah silent alarm is alright.
just a passionate music fan who goes hard for what he likes.. and prob goes harder for stuff he calls out on:p

reminds me of myself a bit 3-4 years ago
i just don't care so much anymore:D

No way does Britain have a better music scene than ours.

And what's wrong about writing about "black bitches?" Rap music is probably some of the most sincere, straight-from-the-heart music out there. Its origins are interesting and the result of a struggle of a huge amount of people. I think only twee is as specific in its origin and as obvious in its sound. I'm not a huge rap fan, but I can appreciate its social, historical, and artistic context. Aussie hip hop just isn't the same. That a-hole 360 raps about inane s**t that's just white bred and not born out of struggle. It's unauthentic and aimed at bogans.

know of any good ones lately? i think brittish rock has well and truly died on its arse.
I blame mark ronson,thom york and the wombats:thumbsdown:

Nothing since the libertines/arctic monkeys has been worth getting behind imo
You galah.

The second biggest country in the world (in terms of musical population, output, and culture) will never dry up. It just won't happen unless the country is nuked. There is a lot of cool music coming out of Britain, and there always will be. Though this a thread on Aussie sounds, I put about twenty videos in here and then realised they were all just from the last twelve months, let alone five years. There is so much cool stuff. Go find.

i believe the good bands have dried up..
i don't rate the likes of xx, wild beasts, alt-j etc. but the critics seem to dig it.
its all to clean cut. music goes in cycles.. and over there is just a sound i can't get behind.
but.. lets keep this aussie

Remove this Banner Ad

Back